iPad Mini - anyone ?
Oct 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
It's official - per the speculation, it appears to be neatly positioned between the Touch and the 'regular' iPad. Pre-order price is 329 USD to the (whopping..) 299 USD Apple are asking for the 5G Touch at 32GB. For all the historical resistance to a 7" tablet, Apple reportedly couldn't ignore the success  of the Kindle and other e-readers any longer.

I think the iPad's credentials as a portable source are well established on HF, although I'm not sure that the smaller form factor makes the Mini a better choice for a portable rig, assuming you want something beyond the HP out. Its a lot closer to being 'pocketable' and the  $170 discount on the regular (16GB retina-display) model will undoubtedly sell truckloads of Minis - just not sure that its something that will see queues outside Apple Stores ......

http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/overview/

Over to you, Head-Fiers. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 110
Don't make a move until after Google's announcement on Monday.

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 110
This was what I wanted over a year ago. I now have an iPad 2 and I'm not buying a replacement until this bites the big one. So late to the party they are,...

So, do you think Samsung will sue Apple now, for copying the same form factor (sizing)? :wink:

Scratch away people,...

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 110
Let's make a list of the portable products which haven't sold well.

Ahh  1)  ??

Yep...it will sell! Hard to fathom it being more popular than the ipad just do to the price difference. The form-factor will appeal to a sector of the populace.

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #11 of 110
The 7.8" screen is just right. By the way does anyone know the DAC chip used in iPad Mini? Is it Wolfson inside?

I guess you haven't realized that Apple has moved on to the better performing cirrus logic chip???

As for sales, I do think this will sell like wildfire!!! Especially considering the lower price point.

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #12 of 110
Quote:
I guess you haven't realized that Apple has moved on to the better performing cirrus logic chip???
As for sales, I do think this will sell like wildfire!!! Especially considering the lower price point.

Well it's $70 less than an Ipad 2 now so I really thought the size would be a selling factor. They are just trying to get a piece of the Samsung market.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 110
Well it's $70 less than an Ipad 2 now so I really thought the size would be a selling factor. They are just trying to get a piece of the Samsung market.

Yup, the 7" tablet size is the best IMO. If I didn't have my iPad already ($400 for an iPad 2 anyone?) I'd get the mini myself,...

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #15 of 110
Quote:
A nexus 7 is still cheaper and has a better screen res, and a quad core processor. It has usb digital out.

Google is reportedly going to drop down to an entry price of $99. But the Nexus 7 is still the better tablet. But Apple pushes 
how many more apps it has available. And for some or most, staying in the Apple ecosystem just makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back