iPad-Fi
Jan 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #556 of 623

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Home button go away. If there's a good workaround, I'm up for it. My guess is they'd like to increase the screen to cover the entire front of the iPhone. The screen could be a lot bigger without the button and moving the speaker and camera around.

1+

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #557 of 623
I think they'll lean towards making the home button similar to the power and volume buttons in the future. The only problem would be mistaking the home button for the power.

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #558 of 623

Quote:
I think they'll lean towards making the home button similar to the power and volume buttons in the future. The only problem would be mistaking the home button for the power.

Not a problem at all integrate a hold for 5 secs and then the power goes off. But how can the home buttons be used as....volume? I think a better function would to tap a specified volume bar or icon.

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #559 of 623
i guess they could move the home button to the side of the phone somewhere, i jsut dont see them getting rid of a button completely, it would quite literally stop you from being able to use the phone one handed. and adding the gestures so you dont have to use the button would be cool too, just dont take the button away

Though for the iPad i would be perfectly fine wtih it, since no one can use the iPad single handed, uses gestures for that would be cool.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #560 of 623
I wonder if you could replace the Home button with a gesture like making a circle. I can do that with one hand while holding the iPhone. I think it would become natural after a few weeks, too. I'd happily trade that for a bigger screen in the same form factor as the iPhone 4. A wider screen in landscape orientation would be awesome.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #561 of 623

Quote:
I wonder if you could replace the Home button with a gesture like making a circle. I can do that with one hand while holding the iPhone. I think it would become natural after a few weeks, too. I'd happily trade that for a bigger screen in the same form factor as the iPhone 4. A wider screen in landscape orientation would be awesome.

oh wow, i hadnt even thought of a motion to do with the phone, everyone on the internets has just been discussing finger gestures. i think that would actually work UE, good thinkin

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #562 of 623
don't think they're changing screen formats at this point, it'll just make for a smaller phone.
It does seem impractical in that sense too, though -- a smaller phone means even smaller battery, unless they can seriously shrink everything else.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #563 of 623

Quote:
 unless they can seriously shrink everything else.

Indeed, I do like the motion idea utilizing will be a whole different story knowing Apple all should work effortlessly. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #566 of 623
Few rumours flying around the screen will have a 2048x1536 res, based on both this:
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/15/ipad-2-screen-likely-to-have-2048x1536-resolution/
and this
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/16/ipad-2-lcd-for-sale-already-ipad-2-to-include-vibrating-motor/

This would be uber, although it's still early days.

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #567 of 623
I'd say odds are approaching infinite that the unlimited data plan won't transfer to the ipad2.  They may decide to have a new unlimited plan at some point, but I seriously doubt they'd let you move your old plan to your new device.  See the iphone -> iphone 3 transition for examples of same.

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #568 of 623
I disagree. The unlimited "lifetime" plan was advertised as just that, and there is no contract to tie you to a device. Also, if it isn't transferable that would certainly discourage upgrading.
Perhaps a thorough reading of the Terms And Conditions is in order 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #569 of 623

Quote:
I disagree. The unlimited "lifetime" plan was advertised as just that, and there is no contract to tie you to a device. Also, if it isn't transferable that would certainly discourage upgrading.
Perhaps a thorough reading of the Terms And Conditions is in order 
evil_smiley.gif

I agree, I got my girl an iPhone 4 for Christmas and they honored her unlimited plan from another phone... I don't think the plan is device dependent.

Let it expire... and good luck getting it back!!  I hardly use mine on my iPad since my travel schedule is greatly reduced now, but I am not going to give it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back