iPad-Fi
Apr 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #182 of 623
alac definitely supports 24/96, and ipads and ipods don't.

The uselessness of said setup depends on the end user, I'd think, since I find the 24/96 files quite useful, even tho I can't put them directly on my portable setup.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #184 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does alac do 24/96?

Yes, it does. It does not stop there either, as it does 24-bit /192kHz as well.
The iPods and hence I assume also the iPod do support a bit depth of 24-bit, but not a sampling rate above 48kHz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im almost certain that it does, its just iTunes wont encode it, you have to use XLD. But iTunes will play the files once made i think. Dont quote me on that though

I quote you, in a friendly way.
smily_headphones1.gif
Just to say that iTunes is fully capable of encoding 24-bit/96kHz and even 24-bit/192kHz files to ALAC.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #185 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it does. It does not stop there either, as it does 24-bit /192kHz as well.
The iPods and hence I assume also the iPod do support a bit depth of 24-bit, but not a sampling rate above 48kHz.

I quote you, in a friendly way.
smily_headphones1.gif
Just to say that iTunes is fully capable of encoding 24-bit/96kHz and even 24-bit/192kHz files to ALAC.

Thats the what forums here for man...guess ya really do learn something everyday
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #186 of 623
Apr 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #190 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my way around this by using my ipad to control a mac mini connected to a Havana dac.

4542874953_9397827b72.jpg

I use it to control my Airport Express using the Remote software. Also, with logmein, I can control my PC and Airfoil to get audio to my AE from any program. I use Rhapsody quite a bit and the Logmein interface makes it possible.

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #191 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the macbook pro's audio line out supports it, shouldn't that mean the sources it carries should be able to also. If not then that feature is rendered useless.

Hey Pepsi. This one is for you!
tongue.gif

Pepsidisaster.jpg

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #192 of 623
This has been bugging me because it should be simple and obvious, yet I am still dumbfoiled. Sometimes when I select an album's song in the iPod app, the album art enlarges to fill the entire screen. Other times, I select an album's song within the square song list (with all the other albums in view behind--this is with "albums" viewing option selected at the bottom of the screen), and the song list stays within the square without the list or the album art filling the entire screen. I generally prefer the latter, but please tell me what makes the difference. Don't make me e-mail Steve Jobs.

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #193 of 623
Not sure if anyone uses Rhapsody, but they had a new release about a week ago that allows the user to save playlists for offline play. I think this will be beneficial for the wifi version of the iPad since you can now listen to Rhapsody files when you are out of wifi range. I have read somewhere that they are going to try to add individual album downloads (which you can obviously do now within playlists) later in the summer.

For those that own they iPad, what are your favorite iPad apps so far?

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #194 of 623
Favorite apps... Comic Reader Mobi (plus Digital Comic Museum), Art.Authority, FreeBooks, and eBay & Pandora (the iPad app is better than the web interface on both of these.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back