iPad-Fi
Apr 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #166 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on where he buys it. Go to apple.com/store, go through the purchase process with his address and see what it says.

Ah that was a brilliant suggestion thanks mate

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #168 of 623
For those of you that have one, how are you finding the iPad for portable use? The other day I saw someone on the train with one and he looked somewhat uncomfortable holding it.

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #169 of 623
I think with the right case it is very easy to carry. I typically read on the subway with mine and can hold the iPad and change pages with one hand. Without a case it could be pretty difficult.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #170 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that have one, how are you finding the iPad for portable use? The other day I saw someone on the train with one and he looked somewhat uncomfortable holding it.

Some cases like the Marware Eco-Vue have a hand loop to make holding it easier.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #171 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still trying to make up my mind, i have a great macbook pro, i have the 2nd gen 32gb ipod touch, i even have an iphone 3g, is this even necessary in my case?

I have only used my MacBook Air once since I got my iPad (to pitch a VC). I also do about half my web browsing on the iPad nowadays.

Then again, I use desktops for real work (an octo-core Mac Pro with a 30" at home, a 27" iMac i7 at work), although I have used a 15" MacBook Pro as a main computer for 3 months without feeling too cramped, while on an extended trip overseas.

People whose main computer is a laptop and not a desktop will probably find the iPad too limiting to be a replacement. That does not mean they shouldn't get an iPad, it is a great device for bedside reading, among other places where a laptop is too unwieldy (you know what I mean).

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #172 of 623
Well I finally broke down and preordered a 64gb 3G model. I don't plan for it to replace my laptop anytime soon and I don't want it for that purpose. For me it will be a very cool portable entertainment device. Mostly I believe I will use it for internet browsing, light gaming, movie watching, magazine subscriptions, e-books, and of course music.

And just for kicks I think it might be cool to bring to the office because I work in a web-based database that can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection. So pulling something up on the iPad and bringing it to a coworker's desk and showing them exactly what I am talking about might be pretty cool.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #173 of 623
Played with an iPad today at work. I have to say that it is a fantastic reader, browser, mailer and a lot more. But after playing with it I found out that I can live without it and it is not going to be the very first thing on the list to buy next.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #178 of 623
Well the macbook pro's audio line out supports it, shouldn't that mean the sources it carries should be able to also. If not then that feature is rendered useless.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #179 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does alac do 24/96?

im almost certain that it does, its just iTunes wont encode it, you have to use XLD. But iTunes will play the files once made i think. Dont quote me on that though, i havent actually tried it yet, ive been meaning to go download the chesky head-fi thingy...

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #180 of 623
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive been meaning to go download the chesky head-fi thingy...

head-fi thingy? elaborate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back