ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Mar 24, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #481 of 532
I'm able to output to both my dacs via lightning to usb from Spotify on my iPad Air on ios 8.2 but was also able to do it with ios 7. 

Interesting. I am also sure I have output to E7,E17 and HRT Microstreamer from Spotify under ios 5,6&7 in the past. But tonight under 7.2 my ipad is saying "no way". I have just flattened my iPhone's battery so will have to wait until morning to try again.

Ian

Edit: after 30 minutes writing replies here Spotify is now behaving as expected so this post is now withdrawn. I haven't moved a single cable so am totally perplexed.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #482 of 532
If anyone has a Lightning to USB camrea adapter that doesn't use I have a brand new Lightning cable that I am willing to trade for.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760406/brand-new-apple-lightning-cable-for-apple-lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
:)

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #483 of 532
Answer to the charge/sync question a few pages back:
Yes there are some cables out there only intended to charge and cannot be used to exchange data. I would find a different USB cable or test that one with a pc.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #484 of 532
If anyone has a Lightning to USB camrea adapter that doesn't use I have a brand new Lightning cable that I am willing to trade for.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760406/brand-new-apple-lightning-cable-for-apple-lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I am willing to trade for a lighthing to USB camera adapter I don't use.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #485 of 532
Did the USB hub trick work? I just purchased the Microstreamer and I'm having problems connecting it to my iPhone 5. Although it works fine on my Mac, whenever I connect it to my iPhone it says that "this accessory is not supported by this iPhone." I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit (lightning to USB cable) and I even tried updating the firmware to the NAS version. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it to work with my iPhone 5?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my iPhone 5 has iOS 8.1.2 and is jailbroken with Pangu.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #486 of 532
  Did the USB hub trick work? I just purchased the Microstreamer and I'm having problems connecting it to my iPhone 5. Although it works fine on my Mac, whenever I connect it to my iPhone it says that "this accessory is not supported by this iPhone." I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit (lightning to USB cable) and I even tried updating the firmware to the NAS version. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it to work with my iPhone 5?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my iPhone 5 has iOS 8.1.2 and is jailbroken with Pangu.

Haven't used the microstreamer, but it seems you need a usb hub connected for most dacs to work with iphone...

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #487 of 532
Did the USB hub trick work? [COLOR=373E4D]I just purchased the Microstreamer and I'm having problems connecting it to my iPhone 5. Although it works fine on my Mac, whenever I connect it to my iPhone it says that "this accessory is not supported by this iPhone." I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit (lightning to USB cable) and I even tried updating the firmware to the NAS version. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it to work with my iPhone 5?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my iPhone 5 has iOS 8.1.2 and is jailbroken with Pangu.[/COLOR]

I could not resist, another reason to go to the dark side, Android. :)

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #489 of 532
Did the USB hub trick work? [COLOR=373E4D]I just purchased the Microstreamer and I'm having problems connecting it to my iPhone 5. Although it works fine on my Mac, whenever I connect it to my iPhone it says that "this accessory is not supported by this iPhone." I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit (lightning to USB cable) and I even tried updating the firmware to the NAS version. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it to work with my iPhone 5?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my iPhone 5 has iOS 8.1.2 and is jailbroken with Pangu.[/COLOR]

Hey benc25,

You don't need a hub for the micro streamer - I use it with the iPad Air and iPhone 6 all the time.

It doesn't however work straight out of the box. You need to upload the firmware on it that will limit the current draw whilst connected. Look for it in the HRT site and it's a pretty simple process to update the firmware.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #491 of 532
Hey benc25,

You don't need a hub for the micro streamer - I use it with the iPad Air and iPhone 6 all the time.

It doesn't however work straight out of the box. You need to upload the firmware on it that will limit the current draw whilst connected. Look for it in the HRT site and it's a pretty simple process to update the firmware.

Let me know if you have trouble.

That's awesome they can update the firmware like that :)
Wish the dragonfly could do the same...

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #492 of 532
I have successfully used a Dragonfly with an unpowered hub but it wasn't a very elegant solution.

I was hoping that Audioquest's follow up product (Hummingbird) would solve the problem. Audioquest UK told me it does since it is a chargeable battery powered solution but that isn't the portable solution I was hoping for. In addition it will have local storage so I am not sure what its target market is. Certainly not me. At an expected £199 it sits somewhere in no-mans-land between my HRT and my recently purchased Chord Hugo.

May 13, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #493 of 532
Hey guys,

Sorry for not getting this straight yet, but after tens of pages I got a bit confused..

Could someone please help with the following two questions?

1 - I bought an HRT-Microstreamer that I want to connect to an iPhone4 running iOS 7.1.2. I need to buy the older 30 pin CCK but I'm not sure if there are two separate 30 pin CCK models. One for iPads (1,2,3) , and one that also works for iPhone. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
I do not want to buy the wrong 30 pin CCK adapter.

2 - does the Firmware upgrade for the HRT-MicroStreamer also fix the 24bit/96khz playback issue or is it only a patch for the power demand error pop-up on the iDevice?

Thank You!!

May 13, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #494 of 532
1. There is only one 30 pin CCK product but confusingly the box contains two devices. One is the 30 pin to SD card converter for uploading photos to an iPad (no use here) and the other is the 30 pin to USB cable connector which was made for connecting a camera. It's just lucky that it also works with some DACs. To be clear - there is not a separate iPhone product. Don't worry if the packaging says "for use with iPad, iPad 2 and iPad retina".

2. I bought my microstreamer from a UK retail store last October. Even then HRT were shipping with the modified firmware. I have not encountered any 24/96 problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back