ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #451 of 532
Wow. Nice Mod.

------------------------------------------------

I dont use CCK for my Hifi-M8 (I use a Venturecraft lightning 7N), but I have all the bits and pieces for CCK.

Not as nice and small as yours.

Thank you, mine is LX version, so I must mod my CCK to use it with my ipod 5g.

Epoxy time, waiting all dry then finishing and heatshrink:D

Great thread.  Thanks for all the helpful posts!

So I have an iPad mini.  I purchased the CCK.  Works great with the mini connected to my Woo WA7 (used as a DAC and as an amp) via a 1 meter USB A to B cable.  Then I try to connect the mini via the CCK and USB to my Beresford Caiman DAC > Woo (as an amp only) and the dreaded "power" message pops up.  I tried restarting the mini and no joy.  So I think I may need the powered hub to get this combo to work.  

What powered USB hub that's small and doesn't require an AC connection is recommended for this job?  

Thanks for any help!

HS

Maybe you can try monoprice cable.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #454 of 532
I started playing for my CCK and E07 Andes again. I know that when streaming with NPlayer within the home the bit rate is not adjusted, it is a pass through.

Does anybody know what happens when using the Synology DS app within the same network or across the cloud? Does Synology reduce the bit rate or is this a pass through situation ?

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #455 of 532
Hi
I'm using E07K with iphone 5 via CCK.
Playing FLAC via Ampliflac app.
Works absolutly fine, no problem.
I'm finding SQ quite good, but has anyone has tested other DACs for SQ. Is there any other DAC with noticable better SQ.
I'm using Dunu dn-1000 at the moment, and sometimes souds very loud and hash, missing and definition.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #458 of 532
Ok so I am using a Fiio E07K and I have the Lightning to CCK, I go from iphone6 -> Lightning CCK -> USB to usb mini->e07k And make sure the usb charge is OFF on the eo7K, what USB to USB mini could I use? Links to Amazon are great. Obviously the one I normally use to charge the E07K did not work ( hate to admit, I tried) So any suggestions on the proper USB to Mini are appreciated, I am trying to use Spotify on my iphone6. If that makes a difference.

Thanks,

James

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #459 of 532
I have not used my E7 for a while but don't remember ever having a problem with any USB cable. Certainly the one that Fiio supplied with the E7 used to work. Are you using the official Apple CCK?

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #460 of 532
I am going from my iphone6 -> official Apple Lightning CCK-> USB cable I use to charge my E07k

Once I plug it in, my error is : accessory unavailable , the attached assessor you uses too much power.

I then will unplug, go to my E07k and turn USB charge OFF. There is no error when I plug it in, however the music just plays through my iPhone's speaker as though is does not even realize it's plugged into anything. I am wondering if the problem is using the USB charging cable.

Should I be using something like this instead?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HGJH6TQ/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2JSBUBRVPP4SX

Is a male USB directly to a male mini USB

can anyone post a link to the item that should go between the Lightning and E07K

Thanks,
James

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #461 of 532
You really don't need a special cable so I have two further thoughts.

1. perhaps your USB cable is damaged.

2. When I get the too much power message it is necessary to unplug the CCK from the phone before retrying. I just want to be clear that is what you are doing.

I have used all sorts of cables and adapters between various DACs, iPhones and iPads. The only cable that didn't work was one from PoundLand that only did charge but not sync. I still suspect the cable but are you able to test the Fiio and cable using a PC for example?

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #462 of 532
so the cable that I am using to put between the CCK and the E07K is the same cable that I use to charge my E07K, so I know the cable works fine. It's the only cable I have on hand that is a USB male to USB mini Male.

I am wondering if there is a difference between a "Charging" cable and a Sync cable? Perhaps my cable is only meant for charging, not transferring information? Could that be?

The cable must be working because when my E07K is on USB charge ON, the phone recognizes it as a power drainging accessory, so that makes me think the cable is fine, at least as a charging cable, but when the USB charging is turned off, the phone does not recognize it at all. Are there any confirmed connections setups using the CCK and the E07K?

James

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #463 of 532
More questions that may help someone to answer:

Which version of iOS 8 are you running?
If you have recently updated to 8..1 or 8.2 have you done a cold restart of the phone.
Why single out Spotify.? Does the music app. work?
Do you have friends with iPhones, iPads or PCs which you could plug in to your Fiio?
If you have no friends do you have an Apple store nearby? I often pop in to mine to plug their devices into my DACs before doing a software upgrade.

Ian

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #464 of 532
More questions that may help someone to answer:

Which version of iOS 8 are you running?

If you have recently updated to 8..1 or 8.2 have you done a cold restart of the phone.

Why single out Spotify.? Does the music app. work?

Do you have friends with iPhones, iPads or PCs which you could plug in to your Fiio?

If you have no friends do you have an Apple store nearby? I often pop in to mine to plug their devices into my DACs before doing a software upgrade.

Ian

I am using IOS 8.2, I have turned off the phone and restarted it if that's what you mean by a cold restart.

I subscribe to Spotify and I am supposed to be getting 320kbs music. I prefer this to be the way to listen to music. I do not have much stored on my phone, and it's not lossless or high quality, just MP3. The music app works great through the headphone jack, but I wanted to see if I could get a digital signal instead of analog through the headphone jack.

I do not have any firends that have the same interest in amps and headphones like myself, so I cannot test, I do have an apple nearby so I could go in there and test some of their demo equipment.

so from what you can see, I have everything setup properly, and we are not sure why it is working. I also posted something in the suggestions forum to hopefully get some input form someone with the E07K or something else that is proven to work with the Liightning CCK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back