ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
May 27, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #496 of 532
Does anyone make an audiophile version of the Lightning CCK? I asked Audioquest as they have Lightning to USB cables but they don't do a CCK! I use it between my iPhone 5S and ifi iDSD dac/amp for streaming Tidal HiFi to headphones. It works really well except i look at that white cable and think there must be a better product out there with decent quality cable and connectors. So if anyone has an answer I would be delighted to hear.

May 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #497 of 532
I am not quite sure what an audiophile CCK would even be.  In the "bit bucket" bucket scenario described in the last paragraph the current CCK already can be an audiophile "server".

Apple lightning natively can handle up to 24 bit 48 khz if I recall.  But if that is not enough....

One can use the lightning output version of the CCK to send whatever data you want to your DAC; at least up to 24 bit 192 khz I think.  (Not sure about DSD files though).  The phone or tablet acts as a data storage server in that scenario.  So if your DAC is audiophile then your phone or tablet or whatever is audiophile I suppose.    At some point, bits is bits.  If you want somebody to stamp a more expensive cabling system as more "audiophile" then caveat emptor.

May 27, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #498 of 532
  I am not quite sure what an audiophile CCK would even be.  In the "bit bucket" bucket scenario described in the last paragraph the current CCK already can be an audiophile "server".

Apple lightning natively can handle up to 24 bit 48 khz if I recall.  But if that is not enough....

One can use the lightning output version of the CCK to send whatever data you want to your DAC; at least up to 24 bit 192 khz I think.  (Not sure about DSD files though).  The phone or tablet acts as a data storage server in that scenario.  So if your DAC is audiophile then your phone or tablet or whatever is audiophile I suppose.    At some point, bits is bits.  If you want somebody to stamp a more expensive cabling system as more "audiophile" then caveat emptor.

I guess I didn't explain what I was meaning very well. The Apple CCK is fine and does what I want, but I am just struck by how weedy a piece of cable it is. So I was hoping for an "upgraded" version of the CCK with high quality cable and the possibility it will things sound even better. That's all.........

May 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #499 of 532
Although personally I do believe that the quality of USB digital cables does have an impact on the sound I don't believe an audiophile CCK will make significant difference. One limiting factor would still be the minute connectors on the Lightning plug itself. The 30 pin CCK doesn't have a cable so in theory could sound different. However I haven't noticed any difference in sound quality between my iPhone 5 and my iPad 3 when pumping Tidal or 192k/24 bit FLAC files in to my Hugo / Audeze rig.

May 28, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #500 of 532
Well the points you make are valid but I'm thinking if a company like Audioquest have Lightning to USB cables then they must be able to do something better than the standard Apple cable. Maybe one day I can do a comparison then it will be clear if there is a difference or not. Meantime I shall sort out the laptop side of my system where cables and power supplies can be optimised.

May 28, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #501 of 532
They're unofficial products from China so there will be no cables whatsoever

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19592415527
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20864815384
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=23637696108
ZIo5tUe.jpg

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #507 of 532
I'm not trying to annoy or upset anyone. I was asking what I thought was a reasonable question on a thread that appeared to be the one to make contact with. That's all............

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #510 of 532
I have Onkyo HF player for playing hi-res files. V1 doesn t recognise iphone as a player.
I have app for Naim Qute. I dont think that there is any software for V1. I have to check on the official Naim site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back