Introduction and Buying First Good Headphones
Jul 21, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #46 of 49

Quote:
I bought some Shure SRH 750 djs on sale for $129.00 CDN. They are not as comfy as the Grado sr80i, but they (sure ) sound better !!
IMHO. I got lucky and picked up an Ibasso d10 for real cheap, and I really like this pair. The Shure SRH440s have pretty good reviews too.

I have to agree, that's a really good play on words.  But I am concerned about one thing...  Grado's are usually not very comfortable for most people (including me cause they are supraural) so if the srh750 is even less comfortable should I be worried?  The comfort level honestly doesn't make me want to but it.

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #47 of 49
So... I spent the last week reading the forums so this is what I've decided on (for now, I'm sure I'll upgrade sometime). 

Headphones- HD 555, will probably do the foam mod
Amp- Maverick D1

Any reason this combination would not work?

Thanks for all of the help everybody!  Head-fi is great.

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #48 of 49
HD555 is an excellent starter headphone.

Should be fine with that D1.

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #49 of 49
hey guys I'm new to the scene and I'm looking for a pair of closed dynamic headphones with good crisp sound and a good bassy feel too them for no more then $150 bucks. you guys got any suggestions. i was also thinking of picking up a pair of IEM's for around the same price range if you cans suggest any good pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back