Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
May 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #497 of 657

i have already done this guide

but no response

so sad

well, I had this issue just once (could not shut off) - this thing did help!

- Press and hold the Shuttle switch and the Back button for 10 seconds.

you should press both at the same time.

Sad to hear that it does not work in your case

I'm not sure if it is possible to disconnect the battery

May 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #498 of 657
Yes you can disconnect the battery by removing the case of the Valoq.

May 23, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #502 of 657
  New FW: http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/valoq/firmware.php?dlfile_id=15.
Don't know what's changed - there's no log on the site, as always.

The change log is always posted on another part of the site:
http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php

They fixed the resume function and addressed stability issues. 

May 23, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #503 of 657
The will continuously work on FW for a long time considering their aim to release a limited opa627sm version of Valoq with 200 GB internal memory. Estimated price is 2.5K usd.

Also I can't say I hear any drastic difference between single ended and balance ended connection. They both sound equally as powerful.

May 23, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #504 of 657
Also I can't say I hear any drastic difference between single ended and balance ended connection. They both sound equally as powerful.

Well, I use the balanced output only, let's say "by default" 
wink.gif
 from the beginning to ensure better channel separation, at least (independent ground).
Can not tell if there is a difference or not today, all my phones/IEMs are balanced.

May 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #505 of 657
Well, I use the balanced output only, let's say "by default" :wink:  from the beginning to ensure better channel separation, at least (independent ground).
Can not tell if there is a difference or not toady, all my phones/IEMs are balanced.

For me Valoq comes very close for a perfect music only dap. I can get from point A to B fast, very fast.

What it lacks is FF button.

May 24, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #507 of 657
  I have changed opamp from muse8820 to ad827sq/883b

everything will be ok except the white noise problem

With all type of IEM/Phones?
I hear sometimes the noise on some very sensitive IEMs but in general it's not an issue for the opa627au. 

May 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #508 of 657
  Truly looking for your opamp finding, cant wait to hear more from you. 

After getting a friend to solder my chips I have done a comparison and posted my impressions below.

I would suggest getting a decent TX5 torx screw driver (Wera is a brand I trust)

I would also suggest not lifting the non mounted chips by hand - likelyhood is you will end up bending pins, Get a grab lift tool like below. 

The legendary OPA627SM bad boy is below 

Some items I tested below

I would suggest getting a Heat Resistance: (280℃) Kapton tape (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-10mm-33m-100ft-High-Temperature-Heat-Resistant-Polyimide-Kapton-Tape-Hot-UK-/111809349361)

To place on the board as the Caps get hot and are very close to the mainboard chips - see below

Some pics with my recently acquired Andromeda with new balanced ALO cable - only person in UK with either I believe - gloat - hehe

Van Nuys case - nice fit

Chips nice arty shot below

Important bit below my impressions:

Using latest firmware-1.5.15888

MUSE 8820 - Hiss on background and sounds dull but thick signature - not to my liking. souless - stock chip
OPA2134PA - Background minor hiss, not very dynamic, a little flat sounding heavy signature - bought from Mouser
LME 49710HA - Detailed and precise but not full sounding flat and dull for me- bought from Mouser
Ultra Analog THE-1 - Bit of hiss, vocals intimate but the bass too full for me.- bought from eBay UK seller
OPA627AU - Thick smooth and warm signature- bought from ebay China seller (not sure if legit chips) Possible fakes so crossed out

These 2 below I like best currently:
AD827SQ - Well balanced and strong detailed signature, nice vocals. Some minor hiss.- bought from Mouser
OPA627SM - Effortless full and analogue sounding signature, lush bass, full, spacious, dynamic, detailed. - bought from Mouser - Sticking with this for now

BIG THANKS to raceinfi for all his advice and tips!!

May 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #510 of 657

OPA627AU - Thick smooth and warm signature- bought from ebay China seller (not sure if legit chips)

Well, I can not tell that the original 627au from VC is warm or thick, to me it is rather neutral.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back