Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Apr 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #467 of 659
  Cheers will keep looking - thanks

Well you can mod the board to make it work, but you need to do the following 3 things:

1, solder the OPA627SM to the underside of the board instead of the top.
2, remove the extra width to make it thinner.
3, solder pins directly to the board as to remove the black guards.

Basically, you need to make the end product looks like the one from VC but the cap upside down, so both the caps and pins are on the same side with all the soldering on top.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #470 of 659
  Anyone know the main sound signature difference between

OPA627AU, OPA627BM, OPA627SM

Thanks

I tried to find an answer for this but i know of no one who has heard them side by side. 

I can only comment on opa627au, in short it reduces battery life but it improved the sound to the level that I can truly recommend if sound alone is to be the deciding factor.
OPA627AU paired with DSD128 upsampling to me produces a very natural sound that surpasses what I heard from AK240 and calyx M. It is a very balanced sound without giving up musicality.
It is not as wide as LPG but its midrange is more inline with the rest of the sound where as with LPG I find it dry at times and slightly U shaped whem comparing with valoq.

But all things considered valoq paired with opa627au attracts the same audience that colorfly C4 did. What I mean by this is certainly it will not be for everyone, it will be for the minority of the minority for various reason. For my the battery last me to and from work.

Have I found my ultimate DAP? Will no as I just ordered the dp-x1 (thanks for the hint at mojo thread :wink: ) but after dealing with valoq i know what I want that dap to be. 

Valoq got the SRC feature spot on, battery just average, UI on the adequate side, built on the decent side but where it failed is the physical navigation. I like my valoq, I know I will like it for many years to come, I just like strange things that requires a bit of patience. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #471 of 659
  I tried to find an answer for this but i know of no one who has heard them side by side. 

I can only comment on opa627au, in short it reduces battery life but it improved the sound to the level that I can truly recommend if sound alone is to be the deciding factor.
OPA627AU paired with DSD128 upsampling to me produces a very natural sound that surpasses what I heard from AK240 and calyx M. It is a very balanced sound without giving up musicality.
It is not as wide as LPG but its midrange is more inline with the rest of the sound where as with LPG I find it dry at times and slightly U shaped whem comparing with valoq.

But all things considered valoq paired with opa627au attracts the same audience that colorfly C4 did. What I mean by this is certainly it will not be for everyone, it will be for the minority of the minority for various reason. For my the battery last me to and from work.

Have I found my ultimate DAP? Will no as I just ordered the dp-x1 (thanks for the hint at mojo thread :wink: ) but after dealing with valoq i know what I want that dap to be. 

Valoq got the SRC feature spot on, battery just average, UI on the adequate side, built on the decent side but where it failed is the physical navigation. I like my valoq, I know I will like it for many years to come, I just like strange things that requires a bit of patience. 

Which one did you use? opa627au or opa627aue4 or are they the same item?

http://www.mouser.co.uk/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=opa627au

Do these ones plug straight in or do they need board mounting ?

Thanks

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #472 of 659

Thanks

Ignore that just spotted they are SOIC-8 so need mounting

The plug and play ones are CDIP-8? I think

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #473 of 659

Thanks

I bought it officially from them, I honestly dont know what they used, i will try to find out. I am hoping to review the valoq but till they don't release the gapless feature I cannot recommend it. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #474 of 659
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #476 of 659
  After the update Valoq does not display album covers anymore which were sitting there as cover.jpg.

Mine is working as it should  . However , please try to format internal storage (reset to factory default) to see if album art will come back . I did this every time after update firmware ; just remember to back your internal storage first before you format it .

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #477 of 659

Mine is working as it should  . However , please try to format internal storage (reset to factory default) to see if album art will come back . I did this every time after update firmware ; just remember to back your internal storage first before you format it .

Well, it works now. I don't know what happend but I just took the sd card out and inserted it back (sandisk 200Gb) and it displays covers again.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #478 of 659

How bad is the battery life with the opa627au when compared to stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back