Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
May 7, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #484 of 659
The more I used this DAP the more I tend to lean towards two things, this dap is quiet neutral and that it might have a high output impedance.

I find valoq using the opa627au more engaging than the stock opamp which might make it sound dull. Using something like dita truth this dap really shines well above its size.

The UI is fast, very fast, I get to where I want to go quick. I just wish there was a dedicated FF button, i hate double clicking, it doesn't work well the way they have it implemented. If they can reduce the output impedance I honestly think this DAP does everything right for a music playback. It first snuggly in my front shirt, has a volume knob which I love, excellent optical out, better than anything I own. 

May 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #488 of 659
If you like the 627AU you should really try the 627BM as well as I found it superior for the style of music I'm listening to... Jazz / fusion... But you do have to turn up the level a bit more compared with the Muse02...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #489 of 659
I'm tempted to get a set for single ended only. After going opa627au I hear no benefit going balance. Honestly the balance of Valoq isn't quite up there with the likes of dpx1.

May 10, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #490 of 659
  It is very simple to clone the microsd onto a larger one using Mac OS, problem is the clone copies the file exactly, meaning no matter how much of a larger microSD you use it will be partitioned to the original 8 GB clone.

How I did was using the same method used to clone the Raspbery Pi OS, link found here, http://computers.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-clone-raspberry-pi-sd-cards-using-the-command-line-in-os-x--mac-59911
It is matter of copy pasting the commend into terminal.

MiniTools partition magic did not work, no matter what that 1 MB file always caused headache that just didn't work.

Hi, I am new here. I was thinking of getting the valoq. my concern is the internal memory. i saw in some jap shopping website, there's a 200gb internal memory option. but is alot more expensive than i thought. Is that mean up til now, there's no way we can upgrade its internal memory. what about we partition the larger micro sd into two partition. for example 8gb + 120gb. and clone the original 8gb into the 8gb partition. do you guys think it will detect the other partition?thanks.

May 11, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #491 of 659
  Hi, I am new here. I was thinking of getting the valoq. my concern is the internal memory. i saw in some jap shopping website, there's a 200gb internal memory option. but is alot more expensive than i thought. Is that mean up til now, there's no way we can upgrade its internal memory. what about we partition the larger micro sd into two partition. for example 8gb + 120gb. and clone the original 8gb into the 8gb partition. do you guys think it will detect the other partition?thanks.

Dont be too concerned on the internal memory in the days where 256 GB microSD is about to be released for a starting price of 256 USD and we all know it is matter of time for it to drop well below 100 USD. I did clone the memory card and loaded it on a larger card, results were that the larger card was partition into a smaller 8 GB without the remaining section showing. Also on two occasion where I upgraded the FW the internal memory was wiped out, which make me realise it is pointless to expand the internal as it is likely to happen again, I really dont want to keep loading files internally.

If you are a serious DAP collector than valoq is a must. I am still in search of finding the right pairing for my valoq. I love all that it does, however it is a particular DAP requiring a particular audience. At one point I was told informally by someone that VentureCraft will allow users to upgrade the internal memory themselves by making the software available but yes hasn't happened. 

May 11, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #492 of 659
Dont be too concerned on the internal memory in the days where 256 GB microSD is about to be released for a starting price of 256 USD and we all know it is matter of time for it to drop well below 100 USD. I did clone the memory card and loaded it on a larger card, results were that the larger card was partition into a smaller 8 GB without the remaining section showing. Also on two occasion where I upgraded the FW the internal memory was wiped out, which make me realise it is pointless to expand the internal as it is likely to happen again, I really dont want to keep loading files internally.

If you are a serious DAP collector than valoq is a must. I am still in search of finding the right pairing for my valoq. I love all that it does, however it is a particular DAP requiring a particular audience. At one point I was told informally by someone that VentureCraft will allow users to upgrade the internal memory themselves by making the software available but yes hasn't happened. 

Caz I was using ak240ss with 200gb card already...the reason I was thinking to buy VALOQ is the upgrade ability...

May 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #493 of 659

No it won't as I tried. VC lock down the partition in their firmware tight.

This will be great news as we all know that it is just an internal microSD slot with a 8Gb card plus firmware.

May 14, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #495 of 659
  the unit cannot shut down, how to fix it ? or hard reset or reboot? 

thank you so much

form the User's Guide
Power cannot be turned off
(1) Turn off the power switch.
(2) Disconnect the microUSB cable.
(3) Press and hold the Shuttle switch and the Back button for 10
seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

• A3PO
Back