INTRODUCING......TWag v2!!!
Jan 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #76 of 111
daveDerek - i'm eagerly awaiting my twag om v.2 for my jh13 pro, but even so, i'm a little on the fence about cables.  can you (i'm sure it's been done before) provide your a/b between stock and twag with the jh13?

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #77 of 111
here we go again 
deadhorse.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #78 of 111
DaveDerek- thanks, I'm kind of new to this scene. So the UM2's sound great to me but that is because I've never heard IEM's with the quality of Westone ES5's or the JH 16 pro's. Ignorance is bliss :D. I've been thinking of upgrading and I definitely believe in cables. So I'll upgrade and then look at the Twag v2 or possibly a new cable Craig will throw out by then.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #80 of 111
I ordered back in the early Dec's but haven't received mine yet. I guess Craig is pretty busy preparing everything. :)

Quote:
has anyone received the new TWAG V.2 OM yet?

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #81 of 111
mike at customer service told me mine should be shipping early this week (i'm also a december orderer - i was able to swap the v1 during the swap period right after craig announced the v2).  can't wait!

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #82 of 111

Quote:
mike at customer service told me mine should be shipping early this week (i'm also a december orderer - i was able to swap the v1 during the swap period right after craig announced the v2).  can't wait!

Yup...we are in termination then ship mode. Meaning that we have to terminate the connector to the order, test, test a bit more, than ship!!

I will be offering a burn in service...

It will be $25 fee andit takes 24 hours. I can only handle 2 cables at a time. Contact me asap at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com if you are interested. It will be operational by Tuesday!!

Craig

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #89 of 111
Woo-hoo!  I just got mine today via UPS - also no advance notification, but it's clear Craig and Mike are reading their emails, as they sent it to the address I asked.   Trying 'em now with my JH13-pros.  They replaced the v.1's which I never really had a chance to listen to, as Whiplash announced, right after I received them, that they were releasing the v.2s.  So I can't really say how the v.2s are compared to the v.1s.   I can say, with absolutely no break-in time, they seem "fuller" than the stock cable. At the same time, a little bit darker, for want of a better term, but I'm not worried about that, as I think they're going to open up very nicely - I'm just going by instinct here.   They still sound great out of the box, but definitely different,   In fact, they remind me just a little bit of how the JH16s sounded (when I tried them at a meet), while with the stock cable, the sound of my JH13s is brighter.  But I trust Craig when he says it's gonna take a good 300 hours for the v.2s to open up - I think, fingers crossed, these are going to work out fine.

One very important thing - I think they're actually a little bit more comfortable than the stock cables, and maybe more than the v.1s, if I recall correctly from the little time I used them. 

(By the way, my source here is an ipod nano 2nd gen with ray samuels sr-71a.)

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #90 of 111

Quote:
Woo-hoo!  I just got mine today via UPS - also no advance notification, but it's clear Craig and Mike are reading their emails, as they sent it to the address I asked.   Trying 'em now with my JH13-pros.  They replaced the v.1's which I never really had a chance to listen to, as Whiplash announced, right after I received them, that they were releasing the v.2s.  So I can't really say how the v.2s are compared to the v.1s.   I can say, with absolutely no break-in time, they seem "fuller" than the stock cable. At the same time, a little bit darker, for want of a better term, but I'm not worried about that, as I think they're going to open up very nicely - I'm just going by instinct here.   They still sound great out of the box, but definitely different,   In fact, they remind me just a little bit of how the JH16s sounded (when I tried them at a meet), while with the stock cable, the sound of my JH13s is brighter.  But I trust Craig when he says it's gonna take a good 300 hours for the v.2s to open up - I think, fingers crossed, these are going to work out fine.

One very important thing - I think they're actually a little bit more comfortable than the stock cables, and maybe more than the v.1s, if I recall correctly from the little time I used them. 

(By the way, my source here is an ipod nano 2nd gen with ray samuels sr-71a.)

Awesome!!

Not sure why you never received noticed. UPS notification should have made you aware...

I hope you enjoy!!
Thanks!Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back