INTRODUCING......TWag v2!!!
Dec 18, 2010 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio

I'm very very proud to introduce the impossible; a better TWag? YES! TWag v2 is NOW available.

No pre-orders, no waiting (except OM cables)...It's HERE!~!

Quick summary on the changes.

~ Improved soundstage
~ Improved transparency
~ Even better bass response
~ Liquid highs
~ More durable

This unmatched wire will be the talk of the town. Current unfilled orders will receive this new wire!!!

Product shots will be available in the next few weeks. For the most part, this wire upgrade is mostly on sound and durability. Flexibility, sound and all of this popular characteristics are maintained. 

Over Mold IEM cables will be available in about 8 weeks. The demand will be extremely high so I anticipate a first come first serve since I have had the pleasure to listen to it with my JH16's and I was left speechless. 

The current custom IEM cable will be available. 

New LODs using my new Ultra low profile dock will be introduced next week. Photos to come!!
Prices will have to increase (no by much) based on the much higher cost of the wire. For a limited time, order on my site with the current pricing and receive the TWag v2 wire!! 

Thanks!
Craig 

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 111
I would like to preorder the 48" Twag v2 with the over mold and 3.5MM Switchcraft right angle plug IEM cable for my JH13. Since you said that the over mold version won't be available for another 8 weeks? What should I do?

Can I reserve one at the current price?

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 111
Craig:

I have your TWag for the JH13.  Can you let us know what are the changes physically or materially?  Like is it now 99.99999999999 pure?  The only thing I wanted more from my original TWag was a little heavier gauge.  Does the V2 come in a heavier gauge like 22 or 18 now?  So what are the changes in the materials that made the sound better?  As headfier, we are interested in tibit, please enlighten, Thanks.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 111
I made some changes to the insulation composition/formula, the way the insulation is extruded on to the wire, and to the process which extrusion takes place.

I also refined strand count, strand shape, and how the individual strands are laid together.

No larger gauges are planned at this time. This wire is wicked expensive to get made, and very time consuming to tweak and get right. I am pushing the limits of manufacturing now how I spec it, and the current gauge is all I have time to design/tweak right now.

Hope the info helps.

Peace,

Lee

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 111
Lee, thanks for your quick and informative reply.  So the V2 remains at 26 awg?  How many strands there there in the V2?  By the way, ygpm.  Thanks

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 111
Hi Jalo,

Got your PM, thanks.

Yes the gauge is ~26AWG.

I am going to keep the strand size and count (and other specs on the wire) to myself, took me a long time (and a stoopid amount of money) to come up with the combo I was happy with.

FWIW--I don't visit here very often (one of my friends pointed this thread out to me), but Craig is here a lot, and he should be able to answer any questions promptly.

Peace, 

Lee

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #9 of 111
Debitsohn,

We sell 2 types of recables for anything that uses the JH-1X pins. The overmold is basically a cable we prep and send out. The overmolders then connect the wires directly to the pins and mold the plastic around it to give it the stock type look, more professional and more durable with no memory wire. The Non-Overmold is a cable that is completely make by hand, which has a piece of heatshrink near the pins instead of the molded plastic. The Non-Overmold also has memory wire, which is a thick piece of metal designed to conform to any shape you want. It molds around your ear how you want it. The overmold has a potential to sound a little bit better due to the process, but the difference is more or less negligible. It is a matter of preference with the memory wire, some people like it and some don't.

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 111

Quote:
Hi Jalo,

I am going to keep the strand size and count (and other specs on the wire) to myself, took me a long time (and a stoopid amount of money) to come up with the combo I was happy with.

Lee

I can respect that.  But can the V2 be used as a spdif/coax 75 Ohm cable?  Thanks.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #14 of 111
Hey! I'm going through the same thing as you, I received my TWag only days ago, and have the exact same question for Craig. >_<

Quote:
Hi Craig, my Twag just shipped 5 days ago!! Any chance I'm getting a Twag v2 ?? Or anyway I can trade up? I'm beating myself in the chess now .... ;(

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #15 of 111

Cool ... since you're in Singapore too maybe we can share shipping and maybe make things easier for Craig ... and save on some shipping costs.
Quote:
Hey! I'm going through the same thing as you, I received my TWag only days ago, and have the exact same question for Craig. >_<

Quote:
Hi Craig, my Twag just shipped 5 days ago!! Any chance I'm getting a Twag v2 ?? Or anyway I can trade up? I'm beating myself in the chess now .... ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back