Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Apr 23, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #4,652 of 4,830
  You would be correct. No movement
rolleyes.gif

Jake@trinity told me last week that mine were shipping this week. This week has now come and gone and there are no updates and I have received nothing either. Has anyone at all from the Atlas Delta pre-order received theirs? I read in another forum that someone had, but he may have been talking about version1.

People, did anyone even get Atlas Delta? 
Ah. Four days ago this question was asked here. I don't think that anything has changed. 
rolleyes.gif

In regards to all of the above posts.... I received my shipping confirmation email a month ago. Does that mean they're preparing for shipment or they shipped out and just got lost? Nothing from Britain has ever taken this long.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #4,653 of 4,830

In regards to all of the above posts.... I received my shipping confirmation email a month ago. Does that mean they're preparing for shipment or they shipped out and just got lost? Nothing from Britain has ever taken this long.

I received the following message around 1 month ago for the Virus 2 as well as Master 2: The first line is hopeful. The second line is just states they are getting it ready. I made the orders last year november/december. ....... So , like many others still waiting for THE day.  

Your shipment is confirmed

We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

Royal Mail tracking number: None

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #4,655 of 4,830
Just to add an update, I received my Vyrus V2s a few days ago (Wednesday?). For $40 (what I paid, not MSRP), they're easily the best IEMs I've used in that range. The included filters do seem to make a difference (so far I've tried both golds and gunmetals, I like the damped gold and the gunmetal more than the undamped gold), and as someone that always has trouble fitting tips, I appreciate that they included roughly 4,000 options. I found exactly 1 set that fits, lol, but that's all you need! The overall presentation is pretty great, I love the ridiculously complex box that is actually useful for organizing the litany of accessories. I'm used to more minimalist packages (see below: Thinksound), but this is good kind of absurdity. Controlled excess!

I've only spent a little bit of time with them, but I have some initial thoughts. I tend to use four genres for trying out new headphones: Combo jazz (Bill Evans Trio, Dave Brubeck), various rock (Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Avenged Sevenfold, Rush), electronic (Daft Punk usually), and classical (various). 

Compared to my Thinksound MS01s, they definitely seem a bit airier and more open, and punchier all around, but the clarity and quality of the tone isn't as good. Part of that is surely just sound signature differences, which was emphasized by some parts of tracks coming through more clearly while others were lost (I really noticed this in Daft Punk's Georgio and Contact, which have tons of layered lines). The Thinksounds also have a rounder and warmer sound, whereas the Vyruses seem more analytical. I noticed with the undamped gold filters I was getting a bit too harsh of highs on some of the Bill Evans tracks, for example, and I think part of that is because I'm used to those being rounded out with the more cigar lounge sound of the MS01s. Swapping to the gunmetal filters actually helped with this, so that's cool. 

They actually sounded best on some vinyl rips of Led Zeppelin II, so maybe their niche is more rock oriented than the more organic version of Daft Punk in RAM, or combo jazz, which IMO Thinksound dominates. 

That's also an unfair comparison, because the MS01s are twice the price, and they punch much higher than that price. As a huge jazz fan, they're also pretty much my favorite IEMs. 

I'm actually very pleased with the Vyrus V2s. I've had some pretty bad $30-$50 IEMs, and very few that are actually good. For this price, I'd say the Vyrus V2s are great. They also seem like they'll be considerably more durable than my MS01s, which I try not to travel with because the cable relief is kind of fragile (eco friendly PVC free cables are wonderful, but don't have wonderful shelf lives). I also think I'm going to be spending a lot of time tinkering around with the filters just to really pinpoint what all the differences are, which for someone who loves to tinker, is a value add unto itself. I can see these living as my on-the-go headphones, for bus rides or having around the office at work, as well as just to make sure I've always got a set of good IEMs available just in case. 

As an aside, does anyone know what the green and blue filters are supposed to be? I found a somewhat vague color key on Trinity's website (I'm not actually sure which lines of filters it came with), but there aren't any blues or greens described anywhere. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #4,656 of 4,830
In case anyone was interested, I posted some very brief impressions on the Vyrus V2 and its filters in the other thread, so I'll link that here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/15285#post_13443867

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #4,660 of 4,830
Got the email that shipment of my Masters has been confirmed. I read on the other Trinity forum that they are not including the promised case. That sucks. I should find out in a couple more months.:ksc75smile:.........Maybe. Hard to believe that after all this waiting they are not including what they said they would. Well, not THAT hard to believe. And since I am posting something critical I may not get them at all.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #4,661 of 4,830
Need some help. I should choose between Pantom Master and Icarus III. I prefer a balnced sound without a high bass or treable enhancement. Which one should I choose? (I know that Icarus III is still only in pre-ordar status.)

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #4,662 of 4,830
And the answer to the above remains the same as ever - it's impossible to say. We don't have graphs or details other than the basic specs and Bob's description of one as "analytical" and one as "emotional".
Bob also described the filter system for the Icarus as being able to take it from "bass monster" to "natural, neutral" so your guess is as good as mine. :wink:
Various mini reviews of the Master have already been posted by owners, and they have given good accounts of how the Master sounds to them, but to compare the two is currently impossible.
For myself, reading what has been posted, seeing potential fit issues that may affect me, I cancelled my Master order and will try Icarus - maybe because "bass monster" sounds attractive to my way of thinking, and I like the looks (possibly a different shape, and just maybe a better fit for me, but this is IMHO) and I like the specs, bigger single dynamic driver. Remember that an 11mm driver has more than twice the surface area of a 7mm driver (although the Master has 2, which complicates things) and I expect the sound to be richer because of it. The description of a bigger soundstage also appeals, I have a pretty spectacular IEM in my Sony, so I'm looking for something a bit different and hope that the Icarus provides that.
All IMHO, based on what we've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back