Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
May 9, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #4,681 of 4,830
I have been waiting for my Delta Hybrid since Dec 2016/Jan 2017 till now, and still no shipment....suppose to be sent out last week....just sent an email to Jake to see if they have indeed been sent out last week as I did not hear anything from them............very disappointing....Still waiting

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #4,683 of 4,830
Morning all - for anyone wanting to see some unboxing shots of the new Phantom Hunter "in the wild", have posted some on Audio Primate - mine arrived yesterday (UK) so currently have them on heavy rotation. Initial impressions are good - definitely a level up over my experience with the PM4 and other IEMs further down the Trinity line. No Litz cables in the shots - they are being terminated to order so should have those shortly with any luck!

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/05/19/trinity-phantom-hunter-unboxing-pictures/

May 19, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #4,684 of 4,830
Morning all - for anyone wanting to see some unboxing shots of the new Phantom Hunter "in the wild", have posted some on Audio Primate - mine arrived yesterday (UK) so currently have them on heavy rotation. Initial impressions are good - definitely a level up over my experience with the PM4 and other IEMs further down the Trinity line. No Litz cables in the shots - they are being terminated to order so should have those shortly with any luck!

Your luck's been on a roll these days, Jackpot, first the Empire Ears giveaway, now one of the first to recieve the Hunters? Do donate some of that luck to me, or iems's if you'd prefer otherwise :wink:

May 19, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #4,685 of 4,830
Your luck's been on a roll these days, Jackpot, first the Empire Ears giveaway, now one of the first to recieve the Hunters? Do donate some of that luck to me, or iems's if you'd prefer otherwise :wink:

What can I say, I'm on a roll! :wink: The Zeus giveaway was pure luck, and to be fair on the Hunters, I did order last June... Bring based a few hours down the motorway from Bob's office probably helped as well. Hopefully we will start seeing plenty more reports of deliveries in the next week or two.

May 19, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #4,686 of 4,830
What can I say, I'm on a roll! :wink: The Zeus giveaway was pure luck, and to be fair on the Hunters, I did order last June... Bring based a few hours down the motorway from Bob's office probably helped as well. Hopefully we will start seeing plenty more reports of deliveries in the next week or two.

I really wanted the Zeus too but my luck ran out a long time ago I guess. Also wouldn't help when I'm halfway round the world, though I ordered in June too.

May 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #4,687 of 4,830
For those who were asking about the size or ergonomics of the Hunter, have updated my blog post on Audio Primate with some comparison shots vs a few IEMs for size purposes - Campfire Andromeda, Campfire Vega, a CustomArt 9-driver CIEM and also the Trinity Hyperion - should hopefully give people an idea where these sit in terms of size. Link below:

May 23, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #4,688 of 4,830
So how can a company be accepting pre-orders for a new iem, when the pre-orders from last year have not been shipped yet? I have been very quiet about this, but for three weeks now I've been told my Phantom Hunter was about to be shipped, but I haven't received anything (a tracking order....nothing). I order last year. Then they send an email stating that if your order is cancelled there will be a penalty. Well, it's time to see what my credit card company has to say about that. I've had it.

May 24, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #4,689 of 4,830
Yeah, the focus on the new models has been jarring, when combined with the myriad of missed ship dates with minimal explanation before that last update (which seems to be the truth, but... why only now?). It can't help but come off as focusing on newer products and customers at the expense of the old.

The thing is, I received these yesterday:
IMAG0018.jpg

Those are real Phantom Master 6s, in the flesh/pretty red metal. I've had the Vegas for a couple of months, included them since @Jackpot77 did so with the Hunters and it shows that the PM6 is likely noticeably bigger (but actually quite ergonomic, although personally I could do with longer nozzles, hence the spin-fits). I'll know for sure at some point, since my Hunters should be on the way, as well as Atlas Deltas (or maybe Masters? Which is a whole other kettle of fish) and eventually maybe some Airs...

And so the situation remains frustrating, not really any less now that I've received something, because I *know* they are trying, but I always knew that. After the successful (and delayed but not wildly so) launches of the Sabre and Vyrus, both of which I've used a great deal, it seemed like process was improving too and it would be worth investing in these much more expensive products. From our perspective at least, process has not improved, and again it just seems disingenuous to constantly advertise new products (with guaranteed ship dates! Which have fallen through...) in the mean time.

Anyway, some small amount of listening gives me the impression that they certainly have potential, after at least one kind of burn-in (agnostic about physical burn-in but my brain is definitely Vega'd, which takes some time to change). Will be interesting to see if they do end up similar to the Hunters, as intended.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #4,690 of 4,830
Finally resolved. Good luck to the rest of you.

May 25, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #4,692 of 4,830
It appears that there won't be any more Atlas Deltas - TAE explained their troubles in a newsletter last week: https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/blogs/news/trinity-audio-updates
Instead, we're getting an upgrade to Master iem. I didn't get an individual mail, so I asked Jake and got the following answer last week:
"Instead of shipping you an Atlas Delta will be shipping you a master, shipping is ready to commence next week.

Thank you for your patience
Inbox
"
still no update on the shipping status page btw.

May 25, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,693 of 4,830
It appears that there won't be any more Atlas Deltas - TAE explained their troubles in a newsletter last week: https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/blogs/news/trinity-audio-updates
Instead, we're getting an upgrade to Master iem. I didn't get an individual mail, so I asked Jake and got the following answer last week:
"Instead of shipping you an Atlas Delta will be shipping you a master, shipping is ready to commence next week.

Thank you for your patience"
still no update on the shipping status page btw.
Yeah, a lot of people found that out too. And many of them are asking to cancel and get a refund for their A-D order because they either don't want the Master or they already have a Master because they ordered a Master and an A-D initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back