Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 8, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #4,127 of 4,830

You most certainly can Podster me ole chum. Don't blame me for any domestics between you and your wallet though 
biggrin.gif

I have the same question, but I don't understand your reply, Bob. Is this to say that one may use both the HeadFi member discount of 20% and the Pre-order price offer together to purchase the  Atlas Delta IEM's? Sorry, I can't find a definition of "Podster"....

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #4,128 of 4,830

I have the same question, but I don't understand your reply, Bob. Is this to say that one may use both the HeadFi member discount of 20% and the Pre-order price offer together to purchase the  Atlas Delta IEM's? Sorry, I can't find a definition of "Podster"....

Thanks!

Podster is a user. But yes, you can stack discounts.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #4,132 of 4,830
OK; I have measured the length of the Bluetooth lanyard now.

From the top of the remote to the top of the plastic housing holding the MMCX plug is 25.5cm either side. From the middle of the centre / battery part to the same top of the remote is 16.5cm.

So the total length of the cable, including all parts is 84cm.

Just for comparison; the Westone Bluetooth cable (very much inferior in every other respect) is ~66cm. Actually, it's probably 67.5cm, but impossible to measure flat because of the drawstring slider. This cable does sit very well: in part because there is a lot less "spare" cable to flap around and in part, I suspect, because the cable (presumably just the sheath) is heavier and so holds itself more steady in place.

IMO, the Trinity lanyard would be made even better if the cable were same thickness / weight all the way from end to end (from the remote to the IEM is thinner than the section between the centre section and the remote) and if the cable were about 8 cm shorter in total. Maybe something like:
* The section between the centre part and the remote was about 1-2cm longer; to bring the mic closer to the mouth and lift the remote above the line of most everyday items of clothing (it sits slightly under the collar of a suit jacket)
* The section between the remote and the IEM plug was about 5-6 cm shorter, so that the cable hangs more staight down to the remote / mic; instead of flapping around loosely

I have seen people hesitating to buy because they're concerned about the weight of the centre part / battery. Having used the lanyard, this simply isn't an issue, it is feather light. In fact, I would advocate a 10-20% bigger battery as the extra weight would help keep the centre part more steady in place, as well as giving a welcome boost to the battery life (which I have found to be bang in line with the 6 hours suggested by Trinity).

That being said, I still bought another Trinity lanyard for a friend and have ordered a 2-pin version also for use with the Atlas Delta and Phantom Master 4's when I receive those. Nothing is perfect, and even despite the changes I would make to the length and weight of the lanyard, it's still better than all the alternatives I've tried. Well done to Bob and the team.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #4,133 of 4,830
84 cm sounds religiously long to me. Will wait until I try for myself before final judgment......

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #4,135 of 4,830
OK; I have measured the length of the Bluetooth lanyard now.

From the top of the remote to the top of the plastic housing holding the MMCX plug is 25.5cm either side. From the middle of the centre / battery part to the same top of the remote is 16.5cm.

So the total length of the cable, including all parts is 84cm.

Just for comparison; the Westone Bluetooth cable (very much inferior in every other respect) is ~66cm. Actually, it's probably 67.5cm, but impossible to measure flat because of the drawstring slider. This cable does sit very well: in part because there is a lot less "spare" cable to flap around and in part, I suspect, because the cable (presumably just the sheath) is heavier and so holds itself more steady in place.

IMO, the Trinity lanyard would be made even better if the cable were same thickness / weight all the way from end to end (from the remote to the IEM is thinner than the section between the centre section and the remote) and if the cable were about 8 cm shorter in total. Maybe something like:
* The section between the centre part and the remote was about 1-2cm longer; to bring the mic closer to the mouth and lift the remote above the line of most everyday items of clothing (it sits slightly under the collar of a suit jacket)
* The section between the remote and the IEM plug was about 5-6 cm shorter, so that the cable hangs more staight down to the remote / mic; instead of flapping around loosely

I have seen people hesitating to buy because they're concerned about the weight of the centre part / battery. Having used the lanyard, this simply isn't an issue, it is feather light. In fact, I would advocate a 10-20% bigger battery as the extra weight would help keep the centre part more steady in place, as well as giving a welcome boost to the battery life (which I have found to be bang in line with the 6 hours suggested by Trinity).

That being said, I still bought another Trinity lanyard for a friend and have ordered a 2-pin version also for use with the Atlas Delta and Phantom Master 4's when I receive those. Nothing is perfect, and even despite the changes I would make to the length and weight of the lanyard, it's still better than all the alternatives I've tried. Well done to Bob and the team.

Well you know us, we listen , we learn and we can only get better.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #4,138 of 4,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back