Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jun 24, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #3,724 of 4,830
  Ahh Snagit... anyone having a problem with the Delta cables unraveling? When i try to untangle them the braid has come undone. Really love these phones especially with the gold filter. 

Happened to my Hyperion which I got from the original Kickstarter, wish I could trade it in for the Sabre as it just sits in a drawer now as a reminder of my first dealings with Trinity Audio and the start of an addiction (and a perpetually empty wallet!).

I know @Bobtrinity mentioned something about cable issues on my model but not heard any thing along those lines for the Delta.

How bad is it? as soon as mine started I put some tape on it as I was afraid it would snag and cause more of an issue, kinda ruins the look of them to be honest :frowning2: 

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,727 of 4,830
  Thanks Bob will shoot you an email. Well i have said it all along a company that listens and interacts with our community. 

Agreed.  I have had nothing but super positive experience working with Bob and Trinity!  They have been more then accommodating.  Will make me a loyal customer for  years.  Already ordered the 6's.

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #3,728 of 4,830
So true onyxwulf, have been following Bob since the launch of Rockjaw Alfa Genus v1. Remember on holiday and accidentally put them in the washing machine via my shorts. They still work!!

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #3,730 of 4,830
Hi Sososerious, (great username)  Had to apply black masking tape to fix the prob.

Thanks but I kind of regret using it so many places, saying sososerious with a lisp (like I have) is a pain in the rear!

Yeah that's what I have done with the tape just to stop them snagging on anything, might PM Bob and see if I can trade up to the Vyrus or use up some reward points or something.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #3,732 of 4,830
For those interested in tips, and wanting both the longevity of silicone, but the fit, seal and comfort of foam - I'm pretty sure Bob has come up with a cost effective solution.

A long time back I talked to him about the Sony Isolation tips I was using, and lamenting that virtually the only place you could buy them was Japan (too expensive elsewhere).  As long as an IEM has decent venting, the Sony Isolation tips have easily been the best combo for comfort, fit and seal - and also a lot more durable than either generic form or Comply.

Bob took all that on board, and has come up with the Kombi

They're going to be available in small medium and large (I'd love him to go XL for my wonky ears and shallow fit IEMs - but one bridge at a time 
smile.gif
)

Silicone tips with foam inside

Sony are on the left, Bob's Kombi on the right

There are some minor differences - Bob's foam seems a bit denser, and the Sony are slightly smoother- but effectively they do the same job.  Best thing is that he's aiming that $15 will get you 5 pair.

Worth trying.  I'll definitely be getting some when they are available :)

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,733 of 4,830
  For those interested in tips....  
  <Deleted text and pictures from Brooko>

Sony are on the left, Bob's Kombi on the right
There are some minor differences - Bob's foam seems a bit denser, and the Sony are slightly smoother- but effectively they do the same job.  Best thing is that he's aiming that $15 will get you 5 pair.
Worth trying.  I'll definitely be getting some when they are available :)

I think I'm (almost) as excited about these as I am the Hunter.

I haven't tried the Sony's yet due to cost.  But they are definitely on my amazon list to try.

I am not really a tip roller, but the Shure Olives used to be my favorite.  (Shure SE-530 was my first serious iem.)   I would even modify the olives to fit on my Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.  The Comply never sealed like the Sure Olive.  But I would buy comply tips and use them til they disintegrated, Then I would cut off all the comply foam and glue an Olive on the remaining plastic center for the Triple Fi.
I've tried small spinfits on the Alfa Genus and the Delta Vii, but I believe they are too small, and push in wayyy too deep for me.  So I start to get a high frequency headache when I wear those.  (I would like to try a medium spinfit to see if that helps.  Just haven't pulled the trigger on those either.  And medium is strange for me because I have ALWAYS used small.  But I think the spinfits may run smallish.)

I found that the sound from Bob's stock yellow center small is perfect for me.  They sit perfectly in my ear.  Seal great.  Give me the best sound dispersion so the bass, mids, and highs all sound wonderful  (from the gunmetal filter - Delta and Delta Vii).

So to say that I am really excited about Bob's Kombi, is an understatement.  Way to go again, Bob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back