Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jan 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,151 of 4,830
Anyone know how the Atlas compares to the Aurisonics ASG 1 Plus? Loving the sound of the Atlas so far but have the opportunity to get my hands on a pair of the ASG 1 Plus at a ludicrous discount and wondering if there is any benefit? Had a trawl through the forums and can only find 2 reviews - anyone able to do an A/B comparison?

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #3,152 of 4,830
So,

A simple realization hit me today:
  1. Delta v2 with BT cable
    atsmile.gif

A second later, another realization:
  1. Bob, if the BT cable turns out as good as you're planning, it might be a good idea to consider selling it as standalone product for iems (with the option to bundle it with the various Trinity iem models at maybe a discounted price).

beerchug.gif
M.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #3,153 of 4,830
Anyone know how the Atlas compares to the Aurisonics ASG 1 Plus? Loving the sound of the Atlas so far but have the opportunity to get my hands on a pair of the ASG 1 Plus at a ludicrous discount and wondering if there is any benefit? Had a trawl through the forums and can only find 2 reviews - anyone able to do an A/B comparison?

I own both and each is a very capable performer. Probably a matter of personal choice. The 1 Plus is a true all-arounder, offering a very well-balance and tonally accurate SQ. For an acrylic-shelled IEM, it is quite well-built. Soundstage is very expansive and imaging quite good.

The Atlas is probably the more toe-tapping and engaging choice, especially give the 5 different included filters. Bass is deep and authoritative regardless of filter choice. SQ options range from quite V-shaped to a fairly neutral presentation. The build quality of the all-metal shell is superb. The braided cable is soft and supple, with no microphonics. I have not tried the other 2 cables as I have no need for an inline mike. I find the Atlas to be a little more challenging to find the best tips for comfort and seal than is the 1 Plus, but once this was sorted out, I find the Atlas to be very comfortable, maybe more so than the 1 Plus. (I ended up using the Spinfit (L) tips)

I mostlyl use my Atlas with my Pono Player using the Trinity balanced Pono cable which is also of excellent quality. The balanced combination sounds absolutely stunning.

Customer service from both Trinity and ASG is excellent, although given the sale of ASG to Fender, I am not sure who would support the 1 Plus should service become necessary.

I hope this is of some help in making your decision!

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,154 of 4,830
  So,

atsmile.gif

1. Bob, if the BT cable turns out as good as you're planning, it might be a good idea to consider selling it as standalone product for iems (with the option to bundle it with the various Trinity iem models at maybe a discounted price).

beerchug.gif
M.

I see the Pono Balanced cable already as an option to be purchased, I'm sure that we'll see the BT cable there also :wink:

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #3,156 of 4,830
  So,

atsmile.gif

beerchug.gif
M.

If the new Delta will work with the BT cable I will probably sell my other 2 Delta's and buy a second v2
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #3,157 of 4,830
Just curious here, I now have a couple of pairs on IEMS's with MMX connections including Trinitys and Shure, and thanks to Bob a few different cable options along with the 2 the Shures came with and a silver cable I decided I would like to try. This might sound like a dumb question but everytime I change the cable I worry about the thing breaking when I remove the current connected wire, is this something I am needlessly worrying about?

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,158 of 4,830

I worry about the thing breaking when I remove the current connected wire, is this something I am needlessly worrying about?

+1

I frequently change the cable, and am growing a little scared.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #3,159 of 4,830

+1

I frequently change the cable, and am growing a little scared.

Ah just order a second pair then you won't have to switch out cables
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,161 of 4,830
  If we're going down this road, then you might as well get 8 pairs. Don't want to lose any of those filters doing swaps either.

All part of the saga Mr. T
wink_face.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,162 of 4,830
lol

I actually would pick up a second pair if we weren't so close to the phantom release. I can't wait.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #3,163 of 4,830
lol

I actually would pick up a second pair if we weren't so close to the phantom release. I can't wait.

Right, don't even have the Atlas here yet and am fantasizing the Phantoms:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beers:

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3,165 of 4,830
I am trying to decide what to buy - pay a little bit more for the Atlas, and get it soon, or save a bit of money and wait for the revised Delta, which also has more tuning filters than the Atlas.   But then I might have to wait a few weeks.  

For all intents and purposes, they are the same driver configuration, right?

The alternative is I hold out and wait for more info on the Phantom, but it seems like that could be awhile yet... I'm not looking for a high end IEM anyhow.  I have my 1964 V6 customs currently being repaired
frown.gif
, so if the Phantom is 4 driver and gonna cost upwards of 400 GBP, then it's treading on my TOTL terroritory.  

What I am looking for is one that will be rugged, for work.   I broke my V6 customs at work once, so now they are staying at home where they will not get destroyed.   That is why the Atlas looks so compelling...very rugged and of course detachable cables which are still rare in that price category.  Not to mention, it's over-the-ear form factor makes it a little more convenient than the Delta too....but I still want to know more about the Phantom before I pull the trigger; 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back