Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jan 20, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #3,136 of 4,830
But..but..I have to wait a bit longer or my new Delta's...stop teasing me :mad: :wink:
Automated processes: blessing and a curse :D

ha ha lol! I actually lost the interest ordering the new deltas last week when I saw the shipping charges just before check out THO the home page pops up free intl shipping......:mad:

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #3,137 of 4,830
ha ha lol! I actually lost the interest ordering the new deltas last week when I saw the shipping charges just before check out THO the home page pops up free intl shipping......
mad.gif

Thanks of the feedback.

I have now made it clear on our site that Free shipping only applies to in stock items. The discounted pre-orders do have shipping added after but even inc shipping is still cheaper than the full retail with free shipping.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #3,138 of 4,830
ha ha lol! I actually lost the interest ordering the new deltas last week when I saw the shipping charges just before check out THO the home page pops up free intl shipping......
mad.gif

I'm not that bothered by the 10 GBP shipping. I've seen far worse (standard EU rate of 20 GBP, like what the hell?) and parcels from the UK get here in 3 or 4 days which is great. I order stuff of Amazon UK a lot too, beats ordering it from the US and having to pay hefty customs fees.

All the Trinity gear = insane bang for buck: I received my 1964 Audio X2 (Kickstarter) that is about as expensive (100 dollars) as the new Delta's (well, actually more expensive because of the customs fees), but it doesn't look and feel as well built and doesn't quite sound as good as my current Delta's. And it has no replaceable filters or detachable cables. Even the 1964 packaging is of less quality..

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,139 of 4,830

I have now made it clear on our site that Free shipping only applies to in stock items. The discounted pre-orders do have shipping added after but even inc shipping is still cheaper than the full retail with free shipping.

Ahhh yes, but this is where you're making a mistake IMO.  To get people to pre-order, and to hype the product, you need to give the end user something for their "risk".  If you had offered free shipping w/ the pre-order price then the risk is rewarded because of the ultimate cost savings.  By making the price almost the same (pre-orders w/ shipping vs. in stock w/ free shipping), you make people like me wait to see if V2 really is going to be better than V1.  If it were that much cheaper you'd probably already have more of my money.  So in this case, at least in my situation, you're making a mistake in the cost analysis.  

I thought the point of pre-orders was to get the product in as many people's hands as possible as fast as possible to persuade fence sitters to buy as well.  Buy maybe my lack of a business degree is hurting me here, lol.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,140 of 4,830
To me, it's all about final cost. Bob prices everything right. We are nitpicking about the % breakdowns (i.e shipping) which is silly.

That's my two cents.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,141 of 4,830

Ahhh yes, but this is where you're making a mistake IMO.  To get people to pre-order, and to hype the product, you need to give the end user something for their "risk".  If you had offered free shipping w/ the pre-order price then the risk is rewarded because of the ultimate cost savings.  By making the price almost the same (pre-orders w/ shipping vs. in stock w/ free shipping), you make people like me wait to see if V2 really is going to be better than V1.  If it were that much cheaper you'd probably already have more of my money.  So in this case, at least in my situation, you're making a mistake in the cost analysis.  

I thought the point of pre-orders was to get the product in as many people's hands as possible as fast as possible to persuade fence sitters to buy as well.  Buy maybe my lack of a business degree is hurting me here, lol.

I can somewhat agree with this. When seeing that they were £70, I was a little tempted, then seeing another £10 for shipping put me off a bit. With the Canadian dollar in its current terrible state, £10 is another $20 for me. So the price jumps from $140 to $160, and even if I were to take advantage of the upgrade discount, I start to think if I need this new pair or if I'm fine with my current Deltas.

But I'm wondering if it would seem better if they had priced it at £80 with free shipping vs £70 with £10 shipping. Same overall price, but is one more tempting?

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #3,143 of 4,830
I haven't said too much about the Atlas. It's because I'm enjoying listening to them.

For reals guys, the Atlas is an incredible package Bob could have charged twice as much and still had a following. The yellow/gold filters are fantastic.

If I could do it all over I would have bought more pairs because I know someone at the next headphone meet is going to want to buy my pair.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #3,144 of 4,830
I haven't said too much about the Atlas. It's because I'm enjoying listening to them.

For reals guys, the Atlas is an incredible package Bob could have charged twice as much and still had a following. The yellow/gold filters are fantastic.

If I could do it all over I would have bought more pairs because I know someone at the next headphone meet is going to want to buy my pair.

Totally agree... I feel like I got a helluva bargain on these. I showed them off at work and managed to induce significant drooling from the officefolk.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #3,145 of 4,830

Well if those people are Head-fiers, they can enjoy them for a sweet 30% off with Bob's discount code. And you'd get to keep yourself a pair
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #3,146 of 4,830

Your comment is killing me .... still waiting for my Atlas
mad.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #3,147 of 4,830
I'm not that bothered by the 10 GBP shipping. I've seen far worse (standard EU rate of 20 GBP, like what the hell?) and parcels from the UK get here in 3 or 4 days which is great. I order stuff of Amazon UK a lot too, beats ordering it from the US and having to pay hefty customs fees.

All the Trinity gear = insane bang for buck: I received my 1964 Audio X2 (Kickstarter) that is about as expensive (100 dollars) as the new Delta's (well, actually more expensive because of the customs fees), but it doesn't look and feel as well built and doesn't quite sound as good as my current Delta's. And it has no replaceable filters or detachable cables. Even the 1964 packaging is of less quality..

To me, it's all about final cost. Bob prices everything right. We are nitpicking about the % breakdowns (i.e shipping) which is silly.

That's my two cents.

Nah, Its not about Bob or his products, was just sayin about mis-leading shipping information....anyway Bob addressed instantly on top of his busy/pressure schedule.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #3,149 of 4,830
Can anyone comment on how the Deltas perform with classical music? Strongly considering preordering the v2 but right now it's still between these, Dunu DN1k, and RE-600 so if anyone can comment on all three, especially with classical music I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know when the preorder discount will end? I don't want to potentially miss out on it for sitting on the fence.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #3,150 of 4,830
  Can anyone comment on how the Deltas perform with classical music? Strongly considering preordering the v2 but right now it's still between these, Dunu DN1k, and RE-600 so if anyone can comment on all three, especially with classical music I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know when the preorder discount will end? I don't want to potentially miss out on it for sitting on the fence.

The Delta's excel with classical music, in fact I think it's their biggest strength. Details come out very well and string instruments sound impressively energetic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back