Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,701 of 4,830
Yhea I know but sometimes there is magic and I wanted to take that chance :grinning:, and the first pair had no bass at all even with my phone or the sansa clip +. I do thank them for the fast replacement and I'm sure thru at amazing with other dep. I I gave the working pair to my brother to enjoy as a gift

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,702 of 4,830
i'm probably in the minority here but one option i'd love to see for the delta (or any multi filter trinity model) is a retrofit second set of filters with a touch smaller diameter and a little more length.  my ear canals are on the smaller side and all my IEM's with narrower nozzles are just so much more comfortable and for a longer period of time.  i have no idea if this would even be doable and still achieve the desired sound but man, that would make the delta a first grab IEM for sure.  as it is my A73 is reached for most often as the nozzle diameter and depth are more fitting for me.  @Bobtrinity am i pipe dreaming here?

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,703 of 4,830
If
i'm probably in the minority here but one option i'd love to see for the delta (or any multi filter trinity model) is a retrofit second set of filters with a touch smaller diameter and a little more length.  my ear canals are on the smaller side and all my IEM's with narrower nozzles are just so much more comfortable and for a longer period of time.  i have no idea if this would even be doable and still achieve the desired sound but man, that would make the delta a first grab IEM for sure.  as it is my A73 is reached for most often as the nozzle diameter and depth are more fitting for me.  @Bobtrinity
 am i pipe dreaming here?

If I recall correctly, the Delta has a different filters from the Techie and Atlas... Not sure what's different about the filters, maybe length/diameter? Maybe just thread pattern?

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #2,704 of 4,830
  Seems that we have extremely similar tastes my friend. 
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I understand and admire the vocation towards improvement. But, as a customer, it does make me feel like I should have waited, if a revision comes up so quickly after the product is released, or an update. If I hadn't bought the Delta's, I'd hold on for a little bit and buy the tweaked version, which would have also come with the gold filters included.

Can't win 'em all. But can't fault Bob for being aggressive either, it's a necessary strategy for new companies in the audio world.

If I recall correctly, the Delta has a different filters from the Techie and Atlas... Not sure what's different about the filters, maybe length/diameter? Maybe just thread pattern?

It looks to me like the Delta's filters have a slightly larger diameter based on pics (since I don't have one). I'd also guess that they're slightly different tunings since there are more Atlas filters than Delta filters so they probably cover a different range of sound sigs.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #2,705 of 4,830

It looks to me like the Delta's filters have a slightly larger diameter based on pics (since I don't have one). I'd also guess that they're slightly different tunings since there are more Atlas filters than Delta filters so they probably cover a different range of sound sigs.

from the pics it does look like the atlas and techne are pretty close if not the same with the delta having a wider base (threads) and a wider and shorter nozzle.  i thought i remembered one of the atlas beta testers commenting about the filter/nozzle size and wanting a bit more length.  if the atlas are in fact narrower and longer i'm even more looking forward to receiving mine.
@Bobtrinity any chance we could get official measurements on the 3 filters?

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,706 of 4,830
  from the pics it does look like the atlas and techne are pretty close if not the same with the delta having a wider base (threads) and a wider and shorter nozzle.  i thought i remembered one of the atlas beta testers commenting about the filter/nozzle size and wanting a bit more length.  if the atlas are in fact narrower and longer i'm even more looking forward to receiving mine.
@Bobtrinity any chance we could get official measurements on the 3 filters?

Maybe the wider base on the Delta filters were what made me think they had a wider diameter. I do recall that when I first saw them, I felt like the Delta filters were a little shorter though.

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #2,707 of 4,830
I'm really impressed how the deltas handle classical music. Treble expression is excellent, and with the gunmetal filters I feel that the soundstage and overall weight and authority of each section produces a nice, detailed and full sound front. Really impressive for a $75 earphone! Really starting to get curious about the phantom, what can Trinity do regarding a totl earphone?

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,708 of 4,830
I'm really impressed how the deltas handle classical music. Treble expression is excellent, and with the gunmetal filters I feel that the soundstage and overall weight and authority of each section produces a nice, detailed and full sound front. Really impressive for a $75 earphone! Really starting to get curious about the phantom, what can Trinity do regarding a totl earphone?

We'll find out once the Phantom comes out
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #2,709 of 4,830
Just got the gold filters. I like how it makes the midbass less bloated and tighter. The soundstage and separation seems improved also. But, alas, the treble is a bit too sharp still for me. Back to gunmetals for me. :)

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,710 of 4,830
Just got the gold filters. I like how it makes the midbass less bloated and tighter. The soundstage and separation seems improved also. But, alas, the treble is a bit too sharp still for me. Back to gunmetals for me. :)

I got my gold filters also yesterday and I agree with you on everything except the treble :wink: To me they're the best filters if you don't care for modding.

After playing around with them a bit I went back to the stock filters with the tape mod since it sounds the best to me.

Oct 31, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #2,711 of 4,830
I have to test it out a bit more. I was listening to the latest Chvrches album, which I love, and the vocals came through a bit too forwardly for me. It was fatiguing. But I loved the rest of the signature.

Btw, are you thinking of updating your review? How would you rate them, as per the gold filters / modded?

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #2,712 of 4,830
I got my gold filters also yesterday and I agree with you on everything except the treble
wink.gif
To me they're the best filters if you don't care for modding.

After playing around with them a bit I went back to the stock filters with the tape mod since it sounds the best to me.

Hmmmm. Gold filters + tape mod? Dare I try? Would the auditory bliss be so extreme as to drive me insane
biggrin.gif

Is that Lundqvist as your avatar?

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #2,713 of 4,830
I am still rocking gunmetal with completely closed back vent, now that i know i wont't breake anything :p. Favourit iem i ever owned with this mod. More focused on mids and a tiny bit more in the highs. SORRY for "messing up" the nevertheless GREAT tuned Delta :* but so or so its fantastic.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #2,714 of 4,830
I got my gold filters also yesterday and I agree with you on everything except the treble
wink.gif
To me they're the best filters if you don't care for modding.

After playing around with them a bit I went back to the stock filters with the tape mod since it sounds the best to me.Yo

What fullsize headphone do you enjoy? I really like the gunmetal, I have covered the vents and just don't like the lack of bass. I guess I like bass more than I thought I did:) Interested in what kind of headphones you would find neutral.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,715 of 4,830
Hmmmm. Gold filters + tape mod? Dare I try? Would the auditory bliss be so extreme as to drive me insane:D

Is that Lundqvist as your avatar?

Strangly enough I find the gun metal (with tape and needle hole) less dull than the gold (with tape and needle hole).

Yes, King Henrik :wink:

What fullsize headphone do you enjoy? I really like the gunmetal, I have covered the vents and just don't like the lack of bass. I guess I like bass more than I thought I did:) Interested in what kind of headphones you would find neutral.

I'm not sure what you're asking. What I find neutral and what I enjoy is not necessarily the same thing but it feels as if that's what you assume.

I enjoy quite a few different signatures. Pretty much the only thing I don't enjoy is boomy mid-bass. It's also quite obvious to me after trying an extensive number of ear- and headphones that there's some frequencies in the mid-bass that bothers me more than other. I really like a good subbas impact and mid-bass presence as long as the quality of the bass is good.

To try to answer your questions:

1. My favorite full sized are the Fidelio X2 and Grado SR325is

2. As I've already written here before I don't like the gun metal filter either with the vents fully taped (to little bass and unengaging for me) but with a small needle hole in the tape the bass quantity is pretty perfect for my preference.

3. I don't have to many (if any) headphones that I'd call neutral but the Q701's and Brainwavz HM5 are probably the closest opened/closed among the ones I've got.

My top three IEM's (among those I own) are the Havi B3, VE Duke and ATH-CKR9. The only one of those I'd call fairly neutral is the B3's. I enjoy all of thr CKR9, CKR9LTD and CKR10 quite a lot and I don't think anyone would call them either neutral nor bass light. The CKR9 has the best bass I've ever heard in a IEM if that's any indication for you.

If you're more interested in my preferences you can also check out my reviews. Comparing some of them to some others of the same product should give a pretty good indication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back