Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,801 of 4,830
  ClieOS, thanks for the Frequency response graph. Is it compensated & averaged plot or raw data?
I just used your graph and crudely superimposed the Harman target response curve (green line).

Compensated.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,802 of 4,830
And put a drop of it into the driver carefully every half hour of listening.

cool.gif
I'm all out of Liquid nitrogen, but I have some Liquid Helium. Can I use that or will it make the sound too light?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,803 of 4,830
I got some Deltas off of Amazon three weeks ago and have got to say that the sound quality of these is fantastic. BUT the cable is already separating from the left earpiece - I can see bare wire at the connection point. I've really been trying to treat them carefully but to no avail. I guess I'll have to return these and I'm just not sure if I can pull the trigger on another pair.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,804 of 4,830
Its with regret that i have decided to sell my Deltas.  It has nothing to do with performance i just dont like the feeling of them in my ears for much more than 30 mins or so they are just not for me.  i have an ad in the for sale section if anyone is interested

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,805 of 4,830
  I got some Deltas off of Amazon three weeks ago and have got to say that the sound quality of these is fantastic. BUT the cable is already separating from the left earpiece - I can see bare wire at the connection point. I've really been trying to treat them carefully but to no avail. I guess I'll have to return these and I'm just not sure if I can pull the trigger on another pair.

cool.gif
Sounds like they were defective right from the start. I'm amoung the first in the States to receive theirs and I have no such issues. Of course I'm very careful to remove earphones by their body rather than just tugging on the wires. I've even accidentally caught the wires on my clothing or Seat belt and yanked it out and still do not have any separation issues.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,806 of 4,830

cool.gif
I'm all out of Liquid nitrogen, but I have some Liquid Helium. Can I use that or will it make the sound too light?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Helium's fine, just not hydrogen. Oh the humanity…

@ozkan My remarks weren't intended to be mocking you or anything, just having a little fun. In fact, I would never genuinely ridicule a person for what they claim to hear or prefer. Obviously I can't hear what you do, and if you feel that the mods are worth trying, by all means let folks know about it.
Cheers.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,807 of 4,830

@ozkan My remarks weren't intended to be mocking you or anything, just having a little fun. In fact, I would never genuinely ridicule a person for what they claim to hear or prefer. Obviously I can't hear what you do, and if you feel that the mods are worth trying, by all means let folks know about it.
Cheers.

cool.gif
Maybe that should be the Name of Bob's next model:  HINDENBURGS....

Specifically EQ'd for Zeppelin Fans. I could envision an entire EQ-Specific Line. Imagine the MOVING MOSS... Of course for Rolling Stone fans.

(I should be punished)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,808 of 4,830
Hey man, I just jumped on the 'crazy mods' train buy can assure you that it wasn't malicious. In fact I didn't even realise it was in jest to your post.

I've stated before that I want to try your toothpick mod but as is I can't shake off the fear of the toothpick breaking off inside the shell..

Cheers.

Hey man, I just jumped on the 'crazy mods' train buy can assure you that it wasn't malicious. In fact I didn't even realise it was in jest to your post.

I've stated before that I want to try your toothpick mod but as is I can't shake off the fear of the toothpick breaking off inside the shell..

beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #1,810 of 4,830
Aug 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #1,811 of 4,830
Is there anyone who still have not received their tracking number/package yet?

last update was on 10 aug asking us to give them 1week to send out all tracking info, 2weeks have now gone by, with no tracking no packages no updates

Its understandable to have delays, but at least a notice to inform the backers would have been great

can't help, but feel disappointed

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,812 of 4,830
  Is there anyone who still have not received their tracking number/package yet?

last update was on 10 aug asking us to give them 1week to send out all tracking info, 2weeks have now gone by, with no tracking no packages no updates

Its understandable to have delays, but at least a notice to inform the backers would have been great

can't help, but feel disappointed

You should either contact them through their site's contact form or shoot @Bobtrinity a PM. I haven't needed to contact them personally, but customer satisfaction is one of Bob's highest priorities if his correspondence with the audio community has been any indication. I'm sure they'd like this sorted out just as much as you do.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,813 of 4,830
I won't talk too much about the mod I mentioned before as it may sound silly and worthless for some of you. However I want to share my detailed impressions on them.

I tried this mod again with my pair to see if I'm really imagening or not. First I removed the toothpick with a needle on the left side and kept the right side blocked. I put them on and listened them again. What I heard was the the sound was panning slightly to the left side (unblocked side) and became bassy. Then I inserted the toothpick into the left earpiece again without removing them from my ear.
biggrin.gif
  Yes, I am that talented. 

Once I blocked the vent with the toothpick again the bass decreased significantly like going from basshead IEM to a balanced one almost being a little bit mid forward  gaining some quality and loosing some impact in bass but more of a mid-bass than sub-bass I guess. The mids come forward, became more detailed and clear and the treble lost some presence, became thinner and colder.

If you ask me if the difference is big enough to try it. My answer would be definitely yes! I think it is worth a try if you find them a bit bass heavy and muffled. 
wink.gif

Cheers,

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,814 of 4,830
Listening last night to my Deltas I covered the ports with my fingers (trying not to push them deeper into my ears), and there was a reduction in bass - akin to plugging the port on a bass reflex speaker. Couldn't say myself if it was an improvement, but hey, worth a try, and easy enough to undo
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,815 of 4,830
  I won't talk too much about the mod I mentioned before as it may sound silly and worthless for some of you. However I want to share my detailed impressions on them.

I tried this mod again with my pair to see if I'm really imagening or not. First I removed the toothpick with a needle on the left side and kept the right side blocked. I put them on and listened them again. What I heard was the the sound was panning slightly to the left side (unblocked side) and became bassy. Then I inserted the toothpick into the left earpiece again without removing them from my ear.
biggrin.gif
  Yes, I am that talented. 

Once I blocked the vent with the toothpick again the bass decreased significantly like going from basshead IEM to a balanced one almost being a little bit mid forward  gaining some quality and loosing some impact in bass but more of a mid-bass than sub-bass I guess. The mids come forward, became more detailed and clear and the treble lost some presence, became thinner and colder.

If you ask me if the difference is big enough to try it. My answer would be definitely yes! I think it is worth a try if you find them a bit bass heavy and muffled. 
wink.gif

Cheers,

I was totally gonna try the one side plugged, one side stock thing when I eventually got around to it. Didn't poke yourself even once doing that eh? I shall attempt (and likely fail) to pull off the same feat!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back