Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #376 of 4,830

Here's the problem Bram - how do you do due diligence when everyone's anatomy is different, also their preferences, and the Trinity series is already heavily discounted?  I mean look at the quality of shell and cable compared to anything else in the price bracket.

Bob's already suggested he'll be including the standard tips (shown in the review), some foams, and possibly a double flange. How far do you go to satisfy everyone?  Personally, I find silicones rarely fit - and triple flanges are hugely uncomfortable. As long as the basics are covered (enough to start), many people will experiment with tips from other IEMs anyway
smile.gif

yeah, ditto.

when it comes to tips, while getting 400 million looks cool and makes a for a nice "unboxing" the reality of them for me is if you have a  foam tip in there, odds are very high thats the one ill be using.  so as a value point of view i personally would rather things not come with massive numbers of tips because they have to be paid for.  now i know i have a tip bucket to choose tips from and not everyone does but id rather get just the basic 3 pairs you used to get with everything and if i need to buy my own, ill buy my own.

lol, what else is ebay for?

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #377 of 4,830
when it comes to tips, while getting 400 million looks cool and makes a for a nice "unboxing" the reality of them for me is if you have a  foam tip in there, odds are very high thats the one ill be using.  so as a value point of view i personally would rather things not come with massive numbers of tips because they have to be paid for.

+1 on that - foams tend to suit my ear canals better than most, so if they're included i'm more than happy.  i've got tons of silicon tips from an array of purchases, but it's only the er6i triple flange tips that ever competed with foams for me.  

the only addition i'd want to make is memory wire and an inline controller - and that's actually more because that's what i want for *gym* use, not for my normal listening.  for normal listening, the memory wire would be nice but it's not essential.  bob's already said the inline controller won't happen because it weakens the cable by adding extra joins, and that he's looking at the memory wire side of things already.

that said, the idea of the kickstarter storage tin is a nice one - although i generally just use the box the headphones came in for the most part, as i don't tend to swap and change filters and tips, and very rarely require the use of an adaptor so tend to leave it where it's required rather than carry it around.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #378 of 4,830
Saw some great shots of the products in the mail. Thanks Trinity!

A silly question and a few other (possibly frivolous) thoughts - does the package come with a written booklet or card of sorts that introduces the company, product details, functional description of each filter, warranty and replacement details, and tips on how abut storage and maintenance of the whole sonic delivery system? 
etysmile.gif

Regarding the storage tin idea - A fine suggestion! Though in my case, it might end up being more of a trophy item than a functional one. The existing carrying case looks to be sufficiently handy, all weather protection for the IEMs (like a lighter Pelican Microcase). It might even have space for small portable players as well. (Not sure about the exact dimension or how it looks inside, just guessing based on the pictures I see on the 1st page of this thread).

I was thinking that having unique colour options for choosing by KS backers might be an option... or even a carrying case of an enhanced design (foam compartments to keep the oarts in place or differences to the design of the carrying case look/feel/practiality) might be a stretch goal in itself. (Don't bother with this one though, if suppliers and designs for the whole package have already been decided.)

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #379 of 4,830
So the Techne is meant to be worn on the opposite direction than Audeos? This is weird to me. I may have to change my order.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #381 of 4,830
I joined the kickstarter selecting two Hyperions (one for me, one for my woman) and a Delta.  I expect to use the Hyperion in the gym as I currently use the AKG323xs because of it's excellent tiny form factor and superb cable.  I'm hoping the Hyperion will be a step up sound wise; The AKG323 is average in that area.

I'm very much enjoying the increased availability of small bodied IEMs which offer greater comfort because of their size and light weight.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #382 of 4,830
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm Really liking the case that comes with the Dunu Titan 1. Very nice and Quite elegant looking.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #383 of 4,830
  I joined the kickstarter selecting two Hyperions (one for me, one for my woman) and a Delta.  I expect to use the Hyperion in the gym as I currently use the AKG323xs because of it's excellent tiny form factor and superb cable.  I'm hoping the Hyperion will be a step up sound wise; The AKG323 is average in that area.

The drivers in the AKG K323 (and the new Y23) are actually excellent, but you'll have to tape the vent and change tips to hear what they're capable of. I'm planning to post a short comparison between the K323 and Y23 with suggestions for improvements later on.

PM me for details if you're interested, as I don't want to derail this thread with OT posts.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #384 of 4,830

I'm very much enjoying the increased availability of small bodied IEMs which offer greater comfort because of their size and light weight.

bob's actually discussing gym headphones at the moment with a couple of us - to be honest, the main things that would need to change would be to introduce some sort of memory wire to keep it in place over the ears, cabling changes (for arm-mounted players you'd want a short cable, but with a longer extension for waist-mounted users, and there's a discussion ongoing as to which option is best), and some sort of inline controller.
the idea i like most at the moment is to make the y-join a plugin connection so that you could attach whatever cabling option you like to the y-join, whether that be a short cable, a long cable, or one of those with an inline controller.  in theory, the join could be a screw-together join, too, to make it more secure.  however, i've absolutely no idea how viable that would be.  it would at least be able to suit the needs of every use case we've discussed so far, though.  the only other option is to sell various cabling options, which might be more viable for bob.
the main thing, for me would be the memory wire, and that might even be a stretch goal for bob on the current run - if it is, i'll be doing the same as yourself and bumping mine up to include another set of headphones, albeit i'd be tempted to get the techne as they've already got the more secure over-ear fit through design.  that said, the hyperion do look very small and lightweight, so i'm very much in a quandary :wink:

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #385 of 4,830
i pledged for the hyperions. i currently own the zero audio tenores which i use mainly for casual listening and my aurisonics rockets that i tend to use for more prolonged listening sessions. i like the tenores but they're not very good looking and i already can tell the build quality is starting to fail on me, the hyperions look a lot nicer in general and if they sound even somewhat similar to the tenores, then i might even take them on the go with me for portable use. looking forward to getting them!

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #387 of 4,830
Slightly off topic but is anyone attending the Cambridge Head fi meet? I was wondering if Bob may be able to have a demo set of all three available as a little showcase. Would certainly give some extra publicity and I would be more than happy to take responsibility if no one else can. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #388 of 4,830

bob's actually discussing gym headphones at the moment with a couple of us - to be honest, the main things that would need to change would be to introduce some sort of memory wire to keep it in place over the ears, cabling changes (for arm-mounted players you'd want a short cable, but with a longer extension for waist-mounted users, and there's a discussion ongoing as to which option is best), and some sort of inline controller.
the idea i like most at the moment is to make the y-join a plugin connection so that you could attach whatever cabling option you like to the y-join, whether that be a short cable, a long cable, or one of those with an inline controller.  in theory, the join could be a screw-together join, too, to make it more secure.  however, i've absolutely no idea how viable that would be.  it would at least be able to suit the needs of every use case we've discussed so far, though.  the only other option is to sell various cabling options, which might be more viable for bob.
the main thing, for me would be the memory wire, and that might even be a stretch goal for bob on the current run - if it is, i'll be doing the same as yourself and bumping mine up to include another set of headphones, albeit i'd be tempted to get the techne as they've already got the more secure over-ear fit through design.  that said, the hyperion do look very small and lightweight, so i'm very much in a quandary :wink:

I use IEMs that are both over the ear and worn straight down.  In the gym I prefer the latter as I find myself often removing them to speak with people who want to share equipment or simply to be social for a few moments.  I've also found that memory wire is often unnecessary for over ear IEMs, though that might not be the case with the Hyperions which are very small and light.

I do favour the option of a shorter cable, another reason I like my AKG 323xs.  If a connector is too complex it might be an option to simply offer two separate cable lengths for Hyperion buyers,

On a related note I just received a kickstarter e-mail about stretch goals and I'd like to chime in with my vote vis-a-vis microphones: No, please.  I never use them.  I'd prefer a more varied selection of tips or simple doubling up the foams.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #389 of 4,830
  On a related note I just received a kickstarter e-mail about stretch goals and I'd like to chime in with my vote vis-a-vis microphones: No, please.  I never use them.  I'd prefer a more varied selection of tips or simple doubling up the foams.

Ditto.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #390 of 4,830

@bruxinho, the cable itself is very nice at the moment. This is at least from what I see and Bob said. Adding an extension cable might make the sound worse as adding joints or jacks to any cables can cause some noticeable loss in overall sound.

I had ATH CKM50 in the past and it has a short cable and extension cable as you mentioned. It was good with its short cable but when I plugged the extention cable I was hearing some loss in overall sound. Even though it might look as a good idea to add a plug for extension cable, the results might be worser than what you think. So I don't prefer any extentsions or jacks on any Trinity models since I don't like the idea of loosing the overall sound quality. Of course, except the short right angled jack adapter. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back