Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Mar 26, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #4,546 of 4,830

Well, a 4-6 month waiting window is a bit much, wouldn't you say?

I've only been waiting 3.5 months. Just got an update email that shipping will take another week. I really don't believe that. I expect another update in a week or so stating how sorry they are, but they haven't been able to ship, and promising them at some point in the future.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #4,547 of 4,830
It does say though depending upon what you ordered you get the Icarus 1 dac for just shipping cost that's a £79 apology

Dear Customer,
_
We write with you today with a heavy heart to advise that we still have not managed to get all pre-orders and kickstarter orders shipped yet.
_
Our very small team has been working tirelessly to get them done within the time frame we agreed but it was not to be.
_
However all is not lost, we will need 1 more week to clear this backlog before we resume normal service.
_
We know many will be upset, angered or just plain frustrated and as much as it maybe of no comfort to you we do feel the same.
_
Nearly all orders for the Asian continent have been shipped along with a large portion of Europe, USA and UK will be finalised this week with the remainder of the above areas.
_
As the vast majority of you have been immensely patient and understanding we feel that we must offer a small token of apology. So we have decided that for those whom have pre-ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in around 8-12 weeks time for just the cost of shipping should you wish to get one. To do so once we open for order you will simply need to enter code...... at the checkout. This offer applies to those that have received their order as well as those waiting. This order can be placed now if you so wish even though it shows unavailable or you can wait until the reveal.
_
For those that are awaiting a Phantom Air and Delta as there is little in the way of add-ons for the Air and Delta we offering a one time use code 50% off. Use code........ .
_
We hope that you will understand how bad we feel that this has ran so far behind and our above offer shows how sincere we are in making amends.
_
With suggestions brought forward from the community at large we are looking at changing how we operate any pre-orders that are not fully production ready (this does not effect production ready units like Icarus III).
_
Also we have been sending out masses of shipping confirmations a day (sadly this can't be done via kickstarter) to all of those that pre-ordered from our site, however we have noticed a very large amount of "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" messages. This maybe down to an incorrect email entered when you opened your account or our email not being added to your safe sender list, please also check your spam/junk box.
_
Despite all the ups and downs we really cannot wait to hear your feedback on some of the best gear we have every made.
_
Thank you for your support and patience.
_
Sincerely
_
Trinity Audio

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #4,551 of 4,830
It does say though depending upon what you ordered you get the Icarus 1 dac for just shipping cost that's a £79 apology

Dear Customer,
_
We write with you today with a heavy heart to advise that we still have not managed to get all pre-orders and kickstarter orders shipped yet.
_
Our very small team has been working tirelessly to get them done within the time frame we agreed but it was not to be.
_
However all is not lost, we will need 1 more week to clear this backlog before we resume normal service.
_
We know many will be upset, angered or just plain frustrated and as much as it maybe of no comfort to you we do feel the same.
_
Nearly all orders for the Asian continent have been shipped along with a large portion of Europe, USA and UK will be finalised this week with the remainder of the above areas.
_
As the vast majority of you have been immensely patient and understanding we feel that we must offer a small token of apology. So we have decided that for those whom have pre-ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in around 8-12 weeks time for just the cost of shipping should you wish to get one. To do so once we open for order you will simply need to enter code...... at the checkout. This offer applies to those that have received their order as well as those waiting. This order can be placed now if you so wish even though it shows unavailable or you can wait until the reveal.
_
For those that are awaiting a Phantom Air and Delta as there is little in the way of add-ons for the Air and Delta we offering a one time use code 50% off. Use code........ .
_
We hope that you will understand how bad we feel that this has ran so far behind and our above offer shows how sincere we are in making amends.
_
With suggestions brought forward from the community at large we are looking at changing how we operate any pre-orders that are not fully production ready (this does not effect production ready units like Icarus III).
_
Also we have been sending out masses of shipping confirmations a day (sadly this can't be done via kickstarter) to all of those that pre-ordered from our site, however we have noticed a very large amount of "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" messages. This maybe down to an incorrect email entered when you opened your account or our email not being added to your safe sender list, please also check your spam/junk box.
_
Despite all the ups and downs we really cannot wait to hear your feedback on some of the best gear we have every made.
_
Thank you for your support and patience.
_
Sincerely
_
Trinity Audio

What's the 50% off code though?

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #4,555 of 4,830
Is the
Icarus I the Bluetooth attachment to make the iem wireless?

ICARUS I
COMING SOON

Dac amp with 24Bit bluetooth capability

This will link to

ICARUS II
COMING SOON

Hi-res Ultra portable Digital Audio Player.

2 X Micro SD card slots up to 128GB per slot
192 kHz 32 Bit resolution
High efficiency Class D architecture
3D Surround sound engine
24 Bit Bluetooth compatible
Carbon fibre and Zinc alloy construction

Or I presume any other bluetooth audio device

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #4,556 of 4,830
Hoping the "24 bit" means Icarus I supports APT-X HD.  The previous Trinity BT lanyard sound quality was horrid, and I'm sure some of that was the limits of the BT tech.  Anyway, can't complain at that price.  For me, offering the Icarus still doesn't make up for the mess they created over the last couple months with dishonesty, broken promises, and lack of communication, but it did go a long way to ease the frustration.  I doubt I'll order from them again but at least I don't dislike them as much 
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4,559 of 4,830
  Well I just hope the Icarus III launch goes smoother than what's been happening here. 
Although I wouldn't mind a free Icarus I for waiting a bit longer too 
gs1000.gif

I'm not rating the chances quite so high yet....they haven't gotten any of their high-end lineup out or the KS stuff and the Icarus III was going to be slated to launch pretty much now. So I can definitely see that release being delayed to make room for ending the delays for all the other stuff they tried to get shipped out.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #4,560 of 4,830
  Well I just hope the Icarus III launch goes smoother than what's been happening here. 
Although I wouldn't mind a free Icarus I for waiting a bit longer too 
gs1000.gif

I honestly feel like their heart is in the right place but they compound their problem by these free offers or minimal upgrade costs. If you cannot fulfill the orders you have do to circumstance, IE small team, than adding further expectations and volume simply compounds the issue. To me free next day shipping would have made more sense rather than heap more volume to fulfill down the road on an already struggling company infrastructure. Sure it would cost money now but weigh that against missing another deadline and your customer base losing confidence in you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back