Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Feb 9, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,486 of 4,830
Looking from afar, I think Bob is trying to roll out a few too many products at one time.  The management consultant in me would advise to slow down the pace of product roll outs a bit.  I would  not hold off on anything where they have already taken money; but after that I would slow down the introduction pace a bit.  Free advice; worth what I am charging.

I wonder if the current traffic jam of new models is a side effect of the delay they had getting the new dual coil drivers from the manufacturer, coupled with the unexpected but necessary change of shell provider after the PM4 production run?

Wonder if that has caused the current glut of releases - if the drivers were available prior to the PM4 "issues", we may have seen the flagship models out earlier with the old cable connectors and a few month gapin between that and the Master/A-D scheduling. Given the changes outlined, I'm happy they have taken the extra time - sure Bob and Co would have preferred having to pick and pack a few thousand IEMs over a two week release period if they could have avoided it, just for sanity reasons! :wink:

Lots of gear to look forward to on the next few weeks - imagine the thread will explode as soon as the gear starts dropping through the door. Fun times!

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #4,487 of 4,830
I am glad to report I received my replacement Deltas in the mail. They came with no box, but in the Delta carrying case, bundled with the silver filters, and no earbuds. Extremely reasonable, even generous response and customer service. Bravo!

I am now eagerly waiting on my Phantom Masters, which I hope will be an upgrade to the Deltas, which I love with a passion.

Great job and thanks, Bob and Trinity! 

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #4,488 of 4,830
  Looking from afar, I think Bob is trying to roll out a few too many products at one time.  The management consultant in me would advise to slow down the pace of product roll outs a bit.  I would  not hold off on anything where they have already taken money; but after that I would slow down the introduction pace a bit.  Free advice; worth what I am charging.

Maybe you should be charging 2 cents?
tongue.gif

In all seriousness though, I had the same thoughts after the rollout of the Delta V2 and original Atlas when the Phantom series was announced. It all felt a bit too fast. But Bob just can't resist putting out his latest tweaks. The general workflow for companies is to bunch together various updates after extended development and testing, but Trinity Audio works on a different model so perhaps it's not entirely fair to make that sort of comparison. It's like how the Kingdom Hearts games are being released; there was Kingdom Hearts 1.5, then there was 2, but then 2.5, then a collection of 1.5 and 2.5, then another collection called 2.8. Basically it would be like this except in a more squished release period.

I like to see that Trinity Audio is expanding their lineup, but it's a bit too bunched together. Case in point with the Sagaris lineup. That could stand to be pushed out to at least the next fiscal quarter while everything is sorted out with the Phantom series. It would be much-needed breathing room for both consumer and manufacturer I think. But like you, I am also looking from afar.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #4,489 of 4,830
Maybe you should be charging 2 cents? :p

In all seriousness though, I had the same thoughts after the rollout of the Delta V2 and original Atlas when the Phantom series was announced. It all felt a bit too fast. But Bob just can't resist putting out his latest tweaks. The general workflow for companies is to bunch together various updates after extended development and testing, but Trinity Audio works on a different model so perhaps it's not entirely fair to make that sort of comparison. It's like how the Kingdom Hearts games are being released; there was Kingdom Hearts 1.5, then there was 2, but then 2.5, then a collection of 1.5 and 2.5, then another collection called 2.8. Basically it would be like this except in a more squished release period.

I like to see that Trinity Audio is expanding their lineup, but it's a bit too bunched together. Case in point with the Sagaris lineup. That could stand to be pushed out to at least the next fiscal quarter while everything is sorted out with the Phantom series. It would be much-needed breathing room for both consumer and manufacturer I think. But like you, I am also looking from afar.

Agreed.
I have nothing against refreshing the line-up once in a while, but Trinity are too overachieving for their own good.
Just FYI, KH's release order is 1 > 2 > 358/2 > bbs > DDD > 1.5 > 2.5 > 2.8 > 3. (1.5, 2.5 are KH1 and KH2 remaster bundled with the spin-off games, meanwhile KH 2.8 is KH DDD with an playable chapter featuring KH 3 graphics and meachanics)

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #4,490 of 4,830
Agreed.
I have nothing against refreshing the line-up once in a while, but Trinity are too overachieving for their own good.
Just FYI, KH's release order is 1 > 2 > 358/2 > bbs > DDD > 1.5 > 2.5 > 2.8 > 3. (1.5, 2.5 are KH1 and KH2 remaster bundled with the spin-off games, meanwhile KH 2.8 is KH DDD with an playable chapter featuring KH 3 graphics and meachanics)

That's the full-on waaaay better explanation of KH's release order......and it still looks confusing as hell
tongue.gif

It actually does serve as another good analogy for Trinity Audio's lineup though. In the same vein as how the lineup releases are a bit too bunched together, they also haven't had time to put out an FAQ about the lineup the same way they have one about the filters. I think that would be a great idea once things settle down on the packing and release front. Essentially, it brings up the same sort of concern as someone else had before regarding people that are more casual and much less informed about Trinity Audio and their lineup. I imagine that a page explaining the multiple audio performance levels would be really good for casual and seasoned consumers alike. It can be difficult to figure out audio fidelity or differences purely by looking at pricing which is what I feel like many people might be doing.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #4,491 of 4,830
That's the full-on waaaay better explanation of KH's release order......and it still looks confusing as hell :p .

It actually does serve as another good analogy for Trinity Audio's lineup though. In the same vein as how the lineup releases are a bit too bunched together, they also haven't had time to put out an FAQ about the lineup the same way they have one about the filters. I think that would be a great idea once things settle down on the packing and release front. Essentially, it brings up the same sort of concern as someone else had before regarding people that are more casual and much less informed about Trinity Audio and their lineup. I imagine that a page explaining the multiple audio performance levels would be really good for casual and seasoned consumers alike. It can be difficult to figure out audio fidelity or differences purely by looking at pricing which is what I feel like many people might be doing.

Don't forget, there are even more games in the franchise. :wink:
Back to topic. Regarding the FAQ thing: Maybe. I'd imagine the average consumer not being very pedantic about serious research. They will just look at one or two reviews and main-stream opinions and pull the trigger on the product. Price is the most giving indication when it comes down to performance. Extending the FAQ to very detailed descriptions is great for the guy who knows the difference. But this might be not quite the case with the average consumer. Too complicated, too much hassle, etc..
Clarification about what the differences between the regular and Phantom line-up are seems very logical at this point, though. As I understand it, the Phantom line-up has had the push-pull drivers inside, hence they were "special" in a way. (Albeit the Vyrus and Hunter are exceptions; again very unlogical)
Now with all the changes, streamlining the naming scheme could be helpful. Keeping it simple.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,492 of 4,830
Don't forget, there are even more games in the franchise.
wink.gif

Back to topic. Regarding the FAQ thing: Maybe. I'd imagine the average consumer not being very pedantic about serious research. They will just look at one or two reviews and main-stream opinions and pull the trigger on the product. Price is the most giving indication when it comes down to performance. Extending the FAQ to very detailed descriptions is great for the guy who knows the difference. But this might be not quite the case with the average consumer. Too complicated, too much hassle, etc..
Clarification about what the differences between the regular and Phantom line-up are seems very logical at this point, though. As I understand it, the Phantom line-up has had the push-pull drivers inside, hence they were "special" in a way. (Albeit the Vyrus and Hunter are exceptions; again very unlogical)
Now with all the changes, streamlining the naming scheme could be helpful. Keeping it simple.

Well, perhaps even just the simple stratification and explanation for original vs Phantom vs Sagaris just for starters. Though I do agree there could be using some sort of defining trait as a way to label a product as part of a series. One thing I'd definitely recommend is a renaming of the Icarus series. Not in the sense of not using the Icarus name, but just name the DAC/amp products something else entirely. The triple-driver and quad-driver IEMs can be Icarus and the DAC/amp some other series name. Lumping them all under the Icarus name is honestly confusing. The way it's set up, I wouldn't be surprised if someone clicked on the Icarus IV, saw it said it was a quad-driver IEM, then wondered why the Icarus II, which one would assume is a dual-driver IEM, costs the exact same, then only upon clicking and looking at the product information find that it's actually not an IEM at all. I'm not the only one feeling that right? It frustrates me as a consumer when browsing products to see something similarly named be an entirely different thing altogether.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,493 of 4,830
Boy, I admit to being more than a bit confused.

I have pre-ordered the Phantom Master with the trade up program.  

I am not quite clear from the most recent email from Trinity if my unit is coming soon or not.   

I presume the unit is not the Master 6; and if that is the case is it not part of this email?

Please help out this perplexed puppy.

Update again!

_

The Phantom Air is due to come out of colouring tomorrow at which time the final assembly will begin. As soon as the assembly has been done they will be moved from manufacturing to distribution points in the UK and USA and will start shipping. Shipping will be in pledge level order.

Some of you seemed unsure if the charger was included and can confirm that the portable charging unit does come with them as standard.

So in a little over 7 working days we will be shipping and look forward to everyones feedback.

_

Now for the Master 6 and Hunter. The Hunter is finished and is being shipped from manufacturing to distribution in the UK and USA.  This takes 3-5 days and they will ship out. We will start loading new images onto our site along with some videos of how we coloured the heat treated versions, so you can see how its all done and how we make them individual as possible.

The Master 6 is a couple of days behind due to the 3 screws that we had received not being the correct thread size (the ones that hold the casing together). These are expected in tomorrow and we will finish the final assembly and again they will be moved and then shipped.

We are immensely happy with both the Master 6 and Hunter and look forward to you all receiving them.

_

The Atlas Delta and Delta have all been completed and are currently being moved from manufacturing to distribution. This takes 3-5 days (2 have already passed) days and then we will start shipping them out.

Please note that we have 3800+ of orders to get out the door and as much as we would wish too they won't all ship in 1 day, so please be patient while we get them all shipped out. 

_

We want to thank each and everyone of you for your amazing patience and understanding, you have for the most part shown real support and determination to support us.

We know we have ran behind with this current run of pre-orders and assure you that the ONLY reason we have taken so long is to deliver the best possible product we possibly can.

_

As you are all probably sick of shameless plugs for our gear , we thought you would all appreciate another for our new ICARUS III details of which you can find HERE

Please no hate mail , it makes us cry.

-

Again we have listed discount codes below.

1. HEADFIMEMBERS01 - 20% off for all head-fi.org members
  2. KICKSTARTERPHANTOMBACKERS - 35% off for all of those who backed the most recent Phantom Air/Master 6 campaign

Well thats it for now, at last stuff is shipping and we are finally happy with the end result.... exhausted, stressed out but all the support, the pain, the highs, the lows, the haters and the lovers of Trinity have made this a journey not to be forgotten for a long time.

They say good things come to those that wait, well you guys have waiting long enough....ENJOY!

Trinity Audio Engineering

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #4,494 of 4,830
  Boy, I admit to being more than a bit confused.

I have pre-ordered the Phantom Master with the trade up program.  

I am not quite clear from the most recent email from Trinity if my unit is coming soon or not.   

I presume the unit is not the Master 6; and if that is the case is it not part of this email?

Please help out this perplexed puppy.

You're correct in saying the Master is not the same as the Master 6 mentioned in the update and that the update makes no mention of the Master.

It looks like they update the website though. On there, it notes the Master (the one you ordered) will begin shipping in March. When in March? Who knows, but it'll be in March. So it's just down to your definition of "soon". If you mean by "soon" as in shipping within this month, then no, your unit isn't coming soon; if you mean "soon" as in the item's shipping window begins in a couple weeks, then yes, your unit will be coming soon.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #4,496 of 4,830
Sorry haven't read all this thread but what was the story with the PM4 issues?

Cheers

They and the Sabres shared a couple issues. The mains ones I read about were the cable connection which felt ridiculously tight for some people and still cut out all the time, shell separation (only the case with Sabres I believe), and nozzle threading being off so some of the tuning filters wouldn't go in.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #4,497 of 4,830
Once again and as usual Bob & Jake do the right thing but at some point one must realize warranty issues and time frames need to be adhered too! I to am a long time customer/supporter and advocate for Trinity as a whole, everyone is always ready to pounce the minute an issue arises with a Trinity product and while the fire gets burning fast Bob and Co. stay cool and by what I've always witnessed have come thru with flying colors. Although you can never keep everyone happy Trinity always seems to go beyond the distance in customer care and why I will continue to do business with them.

Sure PM4 had some QC issues do to a supplier but Bob and Co. were quick to respond and made a swift change in supplier (of course for some damage already done and they can't seem to see past their own noses!) It's not easy running any company and for a company relatively new in a standing industry I think Trinity gets very high marks IMO
wink_face.gif
Every time I get a new DAC or Amp I can't wait to try my Trinity's on them and I can tell you for me there is absolutely something magical going on right here
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I have the exact same set up as yours! Opus #1 with the Trinity Vyrus on purple filter. Really good listening :)
I have been looking at the various models, such as the Delta and the PM4...are they a good upgrade from the Vyrus?

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #4,498 of 4,830
I have the exact same set up as yours! Opus #1 with the Trinity Vyrus on purple filter. Really good listening
smily_headphones1.gif

I have been looking at the various models, such as the Delta and the PM4...are they a good upgrade from the Vyrus?

Depends what you want to spend, and what you use the Vyrus for. I consider the Delta close to a direct upgrade, purely from a sound perspective - thats actually what I like about the Vyrus, similar tonal balance, if a fair bit darker/more bass (I would compare gold filters on the Vyrus to gunmetal on the Delta). The Delta is noticeably clearer. 

But its not a massive, massive upgrade. And, you lose the Vyrus form factor, which is just so damn good - although to be fair the original Delta shells were pretty darn good too, and that is what is on offer now. Vyrus are fantastic for exercise, for example. Deltas, not so good for running and especially cycling because of the vent hole on the rear. 
So again, depends on budget, what you use them for, and if you'll keep using the Vyrus. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #4,499 of 4,830

Depends what you want to spend, and what you use the Vyrus for. I consider the Delta close to a direct upgrade, purely from a sound perspective - thats actually what I like about the Vyrus, similar tonal balance, if a fair bit darker/more bass (I would compare gold filters on the Vyrus to gunmetal on the Delta). The Delta is noticeably clearer. 

But its not a massive, massive upgrade. And, you lose the Vyrus form factor, which is just so damn good - although to be fair the original Delta shells were pretty darn good too, and that is what is on offer now. Vyrus are fantastic for exercise, for example. Deltas, not so good for running and especially cycling because of the vent hole on the rear. 
So again, depends on budget, what you use them for, and if you'll keep using the Vyrus. 

Thanks for the inputs! I believe I will still keep the Vyrus, because of its small form factor. Sounds good too! I have been eyeing the PM4, and thinking how it will compare with the A4, anyone has any impressions to share?

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #4,500 of 4,830
I can't directly speak to the PM4 but the Massdrop X Final Audio Design III is an excellent upgrade and complimentary earphone to the Vyrus for $69.00. I'm not trolling a Trinity thread. I have two pairs of the Vyrus and pre-ordered a Vyrus 2 today. Trinity Bob has his work really cut out for him to equal or top the Massdrop X Final Audio Design III for an overall package under $100. The Vyrus 1 lends itself well to bass-centric pop, but the MD X FAD III is all about mids, vocals, guitars, violins, cello, and accurate 3D soundstage. Competition is good. :) Trinity Bob, let us see what you can do. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back