Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 18, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #2,567 of 4,830
Oct 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,568 of 4,830
cool.gif
Granted, I COULD NOT get a proper fit, but the GR07 CLASSICS are the  2nd worst earphone I've ever heard. Worst goes to the Earmax 610 ,which I DID get a proper fit on. I sold those classics by the time I got 30 Hours burn in on them as fast as I could get rid of them. The Earmax died a horrible death.
biggrin.gif

There is NO comparison with the Vsonics to the Deltas as far as I'm concerned.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #2,569 of 4,830
They are pretty close when the smooth filter is used. A little more bass extension w the Deltas but the texture is a bit better on the GR07s. I think they are pretty close. I certainly wouldn't call the Deltas a clear Upgrade Path from the Deltas. I think you need to jump up to something like the a83s to really hear a major difference.

You mean bass texture, or general texture? I think the Delta's are more refined on top, which is the biggest difference for me, besides the timbre and tonality of the whole sound profile. The Gr07s are a bit sibilant and hot on top, which makes them feel a bit grainy sometimes with faster and brighter tracks. They are also a bit thicker overall than the Delta's. They do perform well due to the very good bass presentation, even if it is not as punchy as the Deltas, they are tighter.

The Delta's sound more refined, they have lusher but slightly thinner mids, are more extended on bottom, and livelier on top-midrange. I personally prefer the tonality of the Deltas, and both have a slight V-shaped distribution imo (I don't think either is 'neutral'), but although the Gr07s have more of a V pronounciation, the 'thicker' mids also make it sound a bit warmer. The treble presentation remains its weakness, as it compromises a bit of the clarity of the midrange when things get busy. I prefer the tonality of the Delta's better, simply because I don't like the top end in the Gr07s, and I think the lush transparency of the Deltas makes for better detail retrieval overall. They are kind of on the same tier, but I think the Deltas are better.

Oct 19, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #2,570 of 4,830
They are pretty close when the smooth filter is used. A little more bass extension w the Deltas but the texture is a bit better on the GR07s. I think they are pretty close. I certainly wouldn't call the Deltas a clear Upgrade Path from the Deltas. I think you need to jump up to something like the a83s to really hear a major difference.

They are pretty different iems!

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,572 of 4,830
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #2,575 of 4,830

Sorry, wallet is closed!

Third time's the charm!
(fourth if you count asking on Twitter)

clee, I understand
wink_face.gif

Oh Bob, do tell?

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,578 of 4,830
Reduction in size a little bit, increased strain relief and going to bring out those mids a little more.

Even smaller
blink.gif
More strength for removal
wink_face.gif
Plus a better mid, can I pre-order
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,580 of 4,830

Bringing out the mids a little more sounds like a good idea. But dear god, how in the hell are you gonna manage to make these smaller?

Ooh, ooh I got it, magic dust
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back