Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 18, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #2,551 of 4,830
Must say, while I love the tiny size of the Hyperion, they seat so deep in your ear and are so slick that you have to pull them out by their strain reliefs, which makes me worry about their durability seeing that the strain reliefs are so small.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #2,553 of 4,830
  JUST the home page, bro.... :frowning2:

both links work fine for me.  for a buck they're worth a shot for this or any other IEM.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #2,555 of 4,830
How would you compare all 3 purely from a sound perspective?

All three are fairly similar to me w the dn1k edgeing the other two slightly. Mostly because of the mids. The ever so slight recession in the Deltas is really the only thing holding them back IMO (w the smooth filters). I would expect the dn1k to be a bit better because of the higher price (I paid almost double for them compared to the Deltas). The cost isn't justified to me. The bass is slightly deeper (if not using bass filters on Deltas) and the highs are slightly more extended. All of that is what you get for your extra money.

But like I said the fit and feel of the Delta is far superior so I'll stick with them.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #2,556 of 4,830
All three are fairly similar to me w the dn1k edgeing the other two slightly. Mostly because of the mids. The ever so slight recession in the Deltas is really the only thing holding them back IMO (w the smooth filters). I would expect the dn1k to be a bit better because of the higher price (I paid almost double for them compared to the Deltas). The cost isn't justified to me. The bass is slightly deeper (if not using bass filters on Deltas) and the highs are slightly more extended. All of that is what you get for your extra money.

But like I said the fit and feel of the Delta is far superior so I'll stick with them.

So in your opinion the GR07BE and the Delta's share their overall soundsignature?

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,557 of 4,830

Interesting, thanks.

I have the Atlas coming which is supposed to be pretty similar and have had the original gr07 for years...they are my go to earphone so curious of other comparisons

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,558 of 4,830
So in your opinion the GR07BE and the Delta's share their overall soundsignature?

They are pretty close when the smooth filter is used. A little more bass extension w the Deltas but the texture is a bit better on the GR07s. I think they are pretty close. I certainly wouldn't call the Deltas a clear Upgrade Path from the Deltas. I think you need to jump up to something like the a83s to really hear a major difference.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,559 of 4,830
They are pretty close when the smooth filter is used. A little more bass extension w the Deltas but the texture is a bit better on the GR07s. I think they are pretty close. I certainly wouldn't call the Deltas a clear Upgrade Path from the Deltas. I think you need to jump up to something like the a83s to really hear a major difference.

I understand. I've got both myself and I don't hear them as similar at all so I was kind of surpised.

I agree that they're on the same tier though so personal preference would be more the judge of one being better than the other rather than technical performance.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,560 of 4,830
I understand. I've got both myself and I don't hear them as similar at all so I was kind of surpised.

I agree that they're on the same tier though so personal preference would be more the judge of one being better than the other rather than technical performance.

How do you compare them please Peter?

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #2,561 of 4,830

dbdynsty25: Did you mean Delta isn't a clear upgrade path from GR07?

peter123: Just to be clear, which two aren't similar - Delta vs. GR07? Like I said earlier, it's my understanding that ANV16 and GR07 share a lot of sonic characteristics, and the ANV16 definitely do not sound like Delta.

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2,562 of 4,830
dbdynsty25: Did you mean Delta isn't a clear upgrade path from GR07?

peter123: Just to be clear, which two aren't similar - Delta vs. GR07? Like I said earlier, it's my understanding that ANV16 and GR07 share a lot of sonic characteristics, and the ANV16 definitely do not sound like Delta.

Yes I don't find the Delta's and the BE's similar at all. The GR07BE's definitely have more in common with the AN16 to my ears (just as a reference for @nmatheis).

I would agree that the Delta's are not an direct upgrade path from the BE's.

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,563 of 4,830
Yes I don't find the Delta's and the BE's similar at all. The GR07BE's definitely have more in common with the AN16 to my ears (just as a reference for @nmatheis).

I would agree that the Delta's are not an direct upgrade path from the BE's.

Thanks peter123. Glad I'm not taking crazy pills in this one :wink:

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2,564 of 4,830
I'm strictly talking smooth filter. You can make them sound really different w the other filters obviously.

I've never heard the AN16 so can't comment there.

And the Deltas are not an Upgrade from the GR07BEs except for the comfort as I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back