Introducing the LCD-i3
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #856 of 1,041
Hi, I'm a new owner of a Lcd-i3 and I'd like to use it with an Imac.

I bought the cable anker (usb-A to lightning Audio Adapter), but the sound isn’t good, the sounds is better on the iPhone.

I read to EQ, but I’m a little lost.

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #857 of 1,041
I saw them in a vid I think but mine didnt have any in the box...and I couldnt find them on the website...i agree they look like a good solution but cant seem to buy any.
Audeze still has them on their site - you get 2 pairs of the earfins with their accessory package:

https://www.audeze.com/collections/accessories/products/isine-accessory-kit

(As an iSINE 10 owner, I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a set of the i3's - anyone think it's worth the upgrade?)

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #858 of 1,041
I am still looking for the perfect Solution for Ear Tips. Have the Spin Fits and Tips from the Xelento, but nothing fits perfect. Any Recommendations? Or are they any custom Solutions.
Thanks

Aug 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #859 of 1,041
Aug 1, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #860 of 1,041
Audeze still has them on their site - you get 2 pairs of the earfins with their accessory package:

https://www.audeze.com/collections/accessories/products/isine-accessory-kit

(As an iSINE 10 owner, I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a set of the i3's - anyone think it's worth the upgrade?)
i used to own the isine20 and the lcd i3. I would definately recommend the i3's as an upgrade. Very beautiful and clear sounding. i3's are a real step up in quality and sound resolution.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #861 of 1,041
these settings, the L
Take a look here: (scroll down for the i3) - https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results
The graphs give various readings and corrections that can be used for fixed band EQ or Parametric EQ to correct to the Harman curve (if that's what you're after of course)

Audeze LCD-i3 (Cipher bluetooth).png

Thanks for this. Don't know why it took me so long to play around with the EQ but this has made a huge difference. I thought they sounded good with no EQ adjustment but now I wonder how I listened to them before the EQ adjustment.

FWIW I have sourced the HiFiman double flanged tips and find them very good. The earphones sit more snugly in my ear, I have better isolation and I don't find myself adjusting them as often.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #862 of 1,041
Does anyone have any recommendations on a case to protect these with when traveling? The case that comes with them is soft, and with the foam insert you can't keep the fins on the units, they have to be removed and applied every time along with the tips. Looking for something that is as small as possible but also tough enough to protect them if they are bunged into a backpack.

TIA

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #863 of 1,041
A small pelican case?

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #864 of 1,041
Is the idea to use the rubber conch shell hooks instead of the earhooks or with them for more stability ?
Just picked up LCD-i3 again, and they sound so different to a previous pair I had (much better)..weird stuff.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #866 of 1,041
just a psa to anyone using the cipher cable w/ anker adapter on windows - please be careful - this gave me tinnitus
It's the same on Mac. I've just learnt to be careful, as you say. When you connect the adaptor the PC/Mac automatically sets the volume output to full whereas you only need a very low output to achieve painful volumes. Same with my E1DA USB DAC.

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #867 of 1,041
Is the idea to use the rubber conch shell hooks instead of the earhooks or with them for more stability ?
Just picked up LCD-i3 again, and they sound so different to a previous pair I had (much better)..weird stuff.
Some Audeze insider once advised me to use them together as it should give a fuller more bassy sound. They're not really designed to go together though, as once the ear hooks are attached the fins can't fit into place. I ended up giving up the fins.
BTW, in what way does the new pair sound better?

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #870 of 1,041
I don't know how new they are but in comparison to my old hooks from my Isine 10 and LCD i4 they are different and fit better. The old Hooks are straight. The newer Hooks follow the Shape behind your ear. The Rubber Coat has a bad Quality and last not that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back