Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 25, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #106 of 1,041
I'm tempted by these, but I wonder what use case they will serve for me.
I doubt they're good for the office, as they're open. I currently use the EL-8C in the office but sometimes I'm just too lazy taking them out of the case and assembling everything with the Chord Mojo. So something that doesn't need a lot of hassle setting up and sounds really good interests me. But, they're open...
In the house I have the LCD-3 in my listening room and something portable might be nice but I have very little kids so don't really have the ability to just disconnect from the world...

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #107 of 1,041
I'm tempted by these, but I wonder what use case they will serve for me.
I doubt they're good for the office, as they're open. I currently use the EL-8C in the office but sometimes I'm just too lazy taking them out of the case and assembling everything with the Chord Mojo. So something that doesn't need a lot of hassle setting up and sounds really good interests me. But, they're open...
In the house I have the LCD-3 in my listening room and something portable might be nice but I have very little kids so don't really have the ability to just disconnect from the world...

Like you, i have little kids and have little time to listen. Because of that I'm even less likely to hook my cans up to my gear and get everything going So I'm planning to use them hopefully as a jack of all trades Portable so I can bring them home from work easily and just plug into my phone. Sadly I just switched to android so I'll be trying the anker cable and samsung doesn't support aptxhd so something like a dragonfly and USB audio may be in my future. Or I could grab a cheap iphone to use as a dap. Edit or perhaps ldac over my es100 would be a better choice but no cipher magic there

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #110 of 1,041
Like you, i have little kids and have little time to listen. Because of that I'm even less likely to hook my cans up to my gear and get everything going So I'm planning to use them hopefully as a jack of all trades Portable so I can bring them home from work easily and just plug into my phone. Sadly I just switched to android so I'll be trying the anker cable and samsung doesn't support aptxhd so something like a dragonfly and USB audio may be in my future. Or I could grab a cheap iphone to use as a dap. Edit or perhaps ldac over my es100 would be a better choice but no cipher magic there
Bought a used iPhone 7 on eBay to use as a DAP with my DACs. Mojo and ifi XDSD. the bit-perfect output is nice

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #112 of 1,041
What do you mean by "suitable"? They will not provide isolation for noise in the office. They create some sound leakage but it is relatively low and I do not think it would bother others unless they are very close and the office is very quiet.

I guess that could work...
Now for the more important question - will they sound better / equal to the EL-8C :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #113 of 1,041
Question is will they be suitable for work...?
Yes. I use my iSine 10 specifically at work. I can listen to music, and still hear my coworkers if they need me. Also, they are so easy to put on an take off, that is a plus too. I guess it just depends if you need total isolation or not. For me, they are my perfect office earphone. I am going to upgrade to the i3, and can't wait.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #118 of 1,041
You could use the apple supplied dongle and connect to the es100.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how that is possible. The Apple headphone adapter is male Lightning to female 3.5mm — neither end can connect to an ES100. Unless you meant the Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter, but the ES100 doesn't have USB output.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #119 of 1,041
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how that is possible. The Apple headphone adapter is male Lightning to female 3.5mm — neither end can connect to an ES100. Unless you meant the Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter, but the ES100 doesn't have USB output.

You are right. My bad .

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #120 of 1,041
what are you trying to achieve here ? From the Amazon page, it looks like the ES100 is a bluetooth receiver. The iSine BT cables can already act as a receiver. It works with AAC, SBC, AptX and AptXHD. If you want, you can also use the 3.5 mm and connect it to the ES100 and receive bluetooth signals over it. It is a little clumsy, but will work as well.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back