Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Jun 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #481 of 515
In other news, hopefully someone from RHA will pick up on this - I registered both the CL1 and L1 on the website last Thursday, and was advised that confirmation of registration would be received within 24hrs - still seen nothing six days later...

Is something wrong with the registration process?

Jun 15, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #482 of 515
In other news, hopefully someone from RHA will pick up on this - I registered both the CL1 and L1 on the website last Thursday, and was advised that confirmation of registration would be received within 24hrs - still seen nothing six days later...

Is something wrong with the registration process?

Hmmm that doesn't sound right, Could you drop me a PM with your details and I will look into it for you.

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #483 of 515
Hmmm that doesn't sound right, Could you drop me a PM with your details and I will look into it for you.
Well,

That was easy :)

Thank you Calum for your prompt response, and resolution.

Much appreciated!

Jun 15, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #485 of 515
Hey Callum - are you guys thinking of releasing a slightly tweaked CL1 (dialing those upper end peaks back a bit)? I really do think you were on to a good thing with the CL1 - especially that extension. It just went a bit overboard with the first release ......

Jun 15, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #486 of 515
Hey Callum - are you guys thinking of releasing a slightly tweaked CL1 (dialing those upper end peaks back a bit)? I really do think you were on to a good thing with the CL1 - especially that extension. It just went a bit overboard with the first release ......

Hey there! We are always working on improving our products where we can, for example, the recently improved cable on the MA750/750i. That being said we have been giving a 110% to our wireless products as of recently, We are however aware of the feedback in regards to the highs on the CL1 and this may be something we look into.

Hope this answers the question!

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #487 of 515

Now you're just making me curious since I love me some treble strength. I don't know if you're going to agree with this, but the only thing I don't add treble to is Sennheiser ie800 and HD800S, pretty much everything else gets some treble boost from me and knowing that something might have a lot of treble is an exciting idea for me.

By the way, I was curious about this, I didn't notice you saying that HD800S had too much treble in any way, but its treble is pretty good and has good energy, makes me curious how they all come into play.

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #489 of 515
Now you're just making me curious since I love me some treble strength. I don't know if you're going to agree with this, but the only thing I don't add treble to is Sennheiser ie800 and HD800S, pretty much everything else gets some treble boost from me and knowing that something might have a lot of treble is an exciting idea for me.

By the way, I was curious about this, I didn't notice you saying that HD800S had too much treble in any way, but its treble is pretty good and has good energy, makes me curious how they all come into play.

Here is why George

This is my measurement of the CL1:
9542276.png

Yep - those peaks are 25 dB above the mid-rang at 1 kHz. If you look at an HD800S plot, the peaks are at least half of the amplitude of the CL1. Read the reviews - you'll see some talking about the CL1 being perfect as is - and you'll see a lot talking about how piercing they are without EQ. Better still - go listen to a pair.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #491 of 515
Here is why George

This is my measurement of the CL1:
9542276.png

Yep - those peaks are 25 dB above the mid-rang at 1 kHz. If you look at an HD800S plot, the peaks are at least half of the amplitude of the CL1. Read the reviews - you'll see some talking about the CL1 being perfect as is - and you'll see a lot talking about how piercing they are without EQ. Better still - go listen to a pair.

Thank you!

I was actually reading your review and observations before.

This is all quite interesting to notice for me, since my long time partners have been ie800 and recently DK-3001

369da0f346618bfdfaaf7bb762009f06.png

ie800 has less of a bump relative to 1kHz, but ie800 has a lot of a dip on 3-4 kHz, which shockingly, never bothered me.

But yes, I would love to hear a CL1 if I'll be able to do so soon!

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #492 of 515
We are always working on improving our products where we can, for example, the recently improved cable on the MA750/750i.
Hi RHA . I have just read your thread and noticed this[ quote ]as I was going to inform you that ebay seemed to be awash with ma750s yesterday and the day before ,where multiple sellers had about 7x ma750s each and displayed for approx £35 for new [other] items. The seller I contacted did not have a sales receipt but said the serial number should be sufficient for the 3 year warranty.
Are these likely to be older stock or knock offs?
I have just rechecked but they no longer to be there anymore. Sorry to cause disruption to the thread everyone.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #493 of 515
Hi RHA . I have just read your thread and noticed this[ quote ]as I was going to inform you that ebay seemed to be awash with ma750s yesterday and the day before ,where multiple sellers had about 7x ma750s each and displayed for approx £35 for new [other] items. The seller I contacted did not have a sales receipt but said the serial number should be sufficient for the 3 year warranty.
Are these likely to be older stock or knock offs?
I have just rechecked but they no longer to be there anymore. Sorry to cause disruption to the thread everyone.

Thank you very much for making us aware! Any product purchased from eBay is not covered under our warranty unless it is bought directly from an authorised seller who is selling on eBay. The reason for this is we do not supply the units directly to the seller ourselves so as you say these could very well be faulty or fake goods. There is also every chance that these are the real deal as well however as I say it is impossible for us to tell. Thanks again for letting us know!

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #495 of 515
-1 on the treble dial of the L1 and the largest foam tips I can fit in my ears works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back