Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Dec 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #406 of 515
  I got a second set of the L1/CL1 here now and this version is perfectly fine sounding with great bass and extended (very) livelytreble.
Something I did notice is that it tends to be picky with the source though, and it's most audible in the treble region. The testing can finally start :)

so the sound quality is not consistent from one to another?

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #409 of 515
  I got a second set of the L1/CL1 here now and this version is perfectly fine sounding with great bass and extended (very) livelytreble.
Something I did notice is that it tends to be picky with the source though, and it's most audible in the treble region. The testing can finally start :)

I realised that over my short session with it too. Its certainly a picky IEM, with regards to the source device (DAC/AMP/DAP) and the files used. Not a forgiving IEM, but seems pretty nice when matched properly...

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #410 of 515
Package just arrived - CL1, L1 and CL750.

I'll post impressions over the weekend.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #413 of 515
I must chime in here. I am on the review team and I have had 6 hours with the Ceramics. They are awesome! The extension on them is phenomenal. Some will hear this as fatigue. I own a pair of HE-6s , AKG K1000 bass heavy, HD800s. I know what harshness is and I know what extension is. All I can say is wow! This is just like listening to everything else as sounding veiled in the IEM world. 
The balanced cable through the Dacamp 1 is where the magic lies. I tried it through my Mojo - veiled. Well veiled in comparison anyway. If you want less extension and less life , detail and soundstage to your music , put it in a Mojo which is warmer and more rolled off.
Seriously are we looking for the same old sound in every IEM that comes out? Punchy bass warmth mids but no treble please - because some people will say that it's harsh and fatiguing. I had them on for 6 hours solid - not fatiguing , not to my ears

I wonder how they compare with the other ceramic competitor the IE800?

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #414 of 515
I wonder how they compare with the other ceramic competitor the IE800?

I've got that one aswell. It's gone off for repair. I preferred the sound of the rha's but couldn't do a direct comparison. It would beat the ie800s with the balanced cable but would be a close run thing unbalanced

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #415 of 515
Sorry if my question is somewhere in the tread.
I want to order a CL1 and the dacamp but can't find it anywhere at the listed retailers (located in germany). In the opening thread it was mentioned that the new stuff will be available around 10/2016?
Would be great to get the combo before christmas to use it in the extra free time.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #416 of 515
  Sorry if my question is somewhere in the tread.
I want to order a CL1 and the dacamp but can't find it anywhere at the listed retailers (located in germany). In the opening thread it was mentioned that the new stuff will be available around 10/2016?
Would be great to get the combo before christmas to use it in the extra free time.

Hi frankraindog,

The Dacamp L1 and CL1 can be purchased via the RHA EU website. For in-store purchases in Germany, please keep an eye on here and our social media channels for retailer announcements, as we continue to roll out the new products.

Thanks. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #417 of 515
Right, sorry for not posting my initial impression so far as I've got the RHA booty for review at the moment, all I can say is so far since i received the gear I started of with the amp/ dac to see how it faired with other IEM/ cans in general which as I knew from the Indulgence show was very good to start with. 

I am now half way through my process and belief it or not I have not listened to the CL1 IEM!  (which is starting tonight) 

Reason being a little unintentional I have put the 750's through the ringer maybe a day longer but I heard these at the show and after seeing a couple of weeks ago certain members on here having quite a dig at the new CL range of iems with been all treble and too much was worrying in two ways.  First I heard this at the show, secondly I had to review them.  

Worrying, why.... because at the show although I had limited time on the last day there I had to try the amp and both iems out and then my iems through the Dacamp and my Chord Hugo for whatever reason, only ever done it once but done it then was the reason I was hearing something a bit off with the 750's which I listened to first before listening to the CL1's and was shocked that there was just this treble with not much body to the mids and no bass hardly and even tried a second pair and the same thing happened.  So not giving up I went through the chain as I also had the Hugo hooked up to my Vorzuge Pure amp as Hugo was not cutting it with the 750's in power or volume and even the Pure was struggling with high gain which was freaking me out by this time!  

After powering down the Hugo and starting her up after checking all my cable connections were okay it actually sounded better... BUT far from perfect and was still reminiscent of what I was already hearing but slightly improved by say 30% so thought try it in the Dacamp as that is what the 750 was obviously designed to pair with at the design stage in house so hooked it up.  Yes, more improvement but still not quite right so left it at that a bit perplexed and moved onto the CL1's as this is what I thought in reality I would be going for as I had been wanting for RHA to do a higher model to the T20 for a while now and done the same of plugging it into my gear first. 

Again okay but not full set of cards here, like an inbalance with a bit too much treble but not as painful as the 750 was to listen too so tried it with the Dacamp and sounded not too bad but there was my time at the end of the day cut short so my session come to and end thinking the CL1 was an improvement but was left sitting on the fence a bit as did not have as much time as I did with the 750's on the stand. 

Roll on two months to been accepted to review these units and I'm thinking have I done the right thing after hearing a couple of people stating the same thing although it was plain to see certain people at that time was digging these out almost with a motive.  

Well, all I can say is with the CL750's I don't know what has happened in that time but these are a totally different IEM almost and not without giving much away but just balancing the playing field a bit here the CL750's are 

not at all piercing or sharp in the treble region and I am usually sensitive to that sort of top end been over done.  The 750 treble is one of the more prominent treble sounding IEM's out there but the balance is now even keel with the mids very present and there is actually a bass there although I won't comment on how it sounds at the moment.  

I have tried the 750's with various different equpiment and think it is more of a pairing thing and it may be the 750's or even CL1's (which I'm still to listen to properly) may be a bit fussier in their pairing as still with the Chord Hugo on it's own it's still a bit too bright but I have this issue with 50% of stuff I hook up to the Hugo hence I use the Pure amp to solve that issue but it is a lot more listenable to what i heard at the show with just the Hugo and 750's to a point i could just listen to that as it was if I had too but the balance of the two liking treble does just put it of balance a little.  

Have to say the 750's treble is without going into too much detail just not ear bleeding or piercing to me but the pairing of equipment does have to be right balance of synergy to get the best out of these 750's as they have fantastic extension and uncanny natural timbre to it's tuning and due to this actually can do stuff with treble some other IEMS struggle to do and at same time have to remember these are £99 is quite something with the build of these IEMS.  I even tried one of my treble ear bleed tracks which I love but with most equipment it the treble can just be too harsh and sharp ruining the experience but the art still is to have enough treble still to the track as it is a main part of the type of track recording in M. Jackson's Speed Demon Remix by Nero which I love but with only so few pieces of equipment ever. With my ZX1 Walkman with Pure amp or the Dacamp this track is free from the edgy treble but still present enough in presentation and have no issues listening to this track with the treble which made me quite happy as it was a surprise to me. 

With the Hugo it is just too much over the tipping balance and is too hard and harsh in it's reproduction making it still a no, no for this track with the Hugo direct with 750's so for me it is very much a pairing thing to get the right balance which in turn makes these shine like a million dollar nugget for only £99!? 

Only thing I can say to anyone who has heard and liked the Orofon EQ8 which is an amazing and underated IEM if there ever was one but like the CL750's or even more so needs an amp to get the best out of them fully  like the 750's.  Only major difference is if the EQ8 was amped perfect it had the most earth shattering but neutral sounding bass that left you a bit speechless where the 750 now has a good tight mid and sub bass but maybe not as low as the E8's.  

Anyway, after hearing this in relation to what I heard at the show I am now looking forward to plugging in the C1's for second half of my duration with them. Sorry for epic post but do not post as much on here now days, not though choice is all I can say but just wanted to put this treble subject in perspective and thought telling the story from my perspective from hearing them at the show to finally getting them two months later to review was a night and day situation for the better thankfully for me this is now going to make my review a little easier to what I first thought a week ago!  

So anyone reading this thread on the conflicting subject of treble in these parts but has not heard them yet, do not dismiss them from the negative talk on the treble on these and get to listen for yourself as you well could be surprised.

Lastly to note, RHA really have tuned these IEMs  in harmony with the Dacamp they have made, not only these but my T20's I have really shine with them as a pairing like I've not quite heard them before! 

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #418 of 515
Holy Cow! 

Listening to the CL1 five hours straight now, 3AM! This was a bigger surprise than I was expecting, again nothing like the version I heard at the show recently!?
Again, still needs amp but compared to the CL750 doesn't need quite as much volume, not by much but is a tad less although both rated at 150 ohm.  

Another thing I forgot to mention in last post was the Fifth Element, yes: Tips - this in conjunction with synergy of pairing with right gear tip type and size is playing a big part to getting the sound just right also.  

Good as the T20's are this is definitely a step and a bit up on them.  The CL1 is far from the RHA just treble sound some seem to associate them for, this is natural treble with air and grace and extension and fast dexterous mids and a solid flexible bass range, in a nut shell.  I'm signing off now and going to bed as the CL1's have ruined me tonight, this morning! 

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #419 of 515
Pleased you like them.  Wonder if there is some variance in the IEMs?  I can't see how anyone could call a lower treble peak at ~ 25 dB aove the mid-range "natural" - but that's just me.

In case you'd like to see measurements - http://www.head-fi.org/t/825941/rha-dacamp-l1-cl1-ceramic-cl750-review-tour-applications-open/120#post_13092549

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #420 of 515

Users who are viewing this thread

Back