Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Jan 15, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #439 of 515
I must say, having owned the DACAMP for only the weekend, it ousts my HA-2SE but only in the way that memories form from listening to familiar music. The Oppo SE is superior to the HA-2 but the RHA uses dual identical DAC's to the HA-2 so I wasn't expecting it to sound that much different.. but it definitely does.

Maybe RHA tuned their amp properly to be more neutral and have better, more accurate FR all around but it is a revelation coming from a great sounding HA-2SE.

Finally, a headphone amp with EQ! Man, do the Bass and Treble knobs really help my LCD-XC's.

I have found everything sounds best at good volume, Mid or High gain and Bass +3/4 and Treble +1 after exercising the knobs all the way up and down several times.

RHA has a winner and I wouldn't even consider the Mojo without EQ even if it has been praised since it's introduction.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #440 of 515
Jan 15, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #441 of 515
One thing is for certain...

They designed the volume pot/knob to rotate counter clockwise up and clockwise down. That is the opposite of 99% of normal analog attenuators.

I've found setting the volume rotating clockwise (down) gives best results.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #442 of 515
Jan 17, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #443 of 515
For those of you interested in the balanced mini xlr connection on these, here it is-

Pin 1 = L+
Pin 2 = R-
Pin 3 = R+
Pin 4 = L-

REAR view of Female connector-

Sorry if someone posted this already, I have not seen it yet. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #444 of 515
http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-cl1-ceramic/reviews/17893

Link to my CL1 review, sorry it took so long! Life sure has been busy lately!

I also apologize for no images, there was a tragedy they are now lost to the world.  Luckily other reviewers have better camera skills than me so it is not much of a loss 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #445 of 515
I finally got round to publishing the DacAmp L1 review. I decided to split up the CL1 and L1 reviews as the L1 is so much more than just the CL1s source. The article can be found here

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #447 of 515
Went to try the WM1a with th CL1, the find the sound quite interesting it's like it build for heavy metals. But it's quite power hungry, tried it with the 1A at volume around 60+. Still considering to make a plunged or get a CIEM.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #449 of 515
  Hi guys, going to London next week, will i able test/demo CL1 and CL750 over there? probably will take it if its good...

Selfridges in Oxford Street may let you demo them, I can't guarantee it but I have been advised by one of my colleagues they would be your best bet. Failing that we are attending Headroom on the 24th and 25th of March. If you are around then I will have the full range available to demo!  

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #450 of 515
Hello, I have just placed an order for the CL1. I understand that there are two cables that comes with it. I am using my desktop amplifier to drive it. Is there anywhere I can get a mini xlr to normal-size 4pin xlr adapter so I can plug it into the balanced out of my desktop amplifier? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back