Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Dec 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #391 of 515
The mojo and AK240 both drove it loud, it was just underwhelming.

deadhorse.gif

That's what I found. Even with only 20 minutes of listening we still find some common ground here

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #392 of 515
  erm i think you misunderstood me. the gain function wasn't on my phone, which is outputting digital to the mojo anyway. Instead the gain is on my pure ii amp, after utilizing the mojo's line out function

Apologies I did misunderstand you- I have no idea why an amp would need to put into high gain after using the Mojo on line out though.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #396 of 515
  Making headphone loud in certain frequency range ("ear shattering levels") doesn't mean that the headphone is adequately powered. RHA said CL1 needs adequate amping.

The Mojo has enough power to run the C1s.
Output Power @ 1kHz – 600Ω 35mW​
Output Power @ 1kHz – 8Ω 720m​
The D1 Dacamp specs-​
Output power 300Ω - 28mW
Output power 16Ω - 300mW

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #399 of 515
I'm not an amp expert by any stretch , butkeep in mind that the output of MW is not the same as the voltage . The RHA amp has been optimized for these, so there could be other factors at play .

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #401 of 515
CL1 Impressions, bass is ok, midrange is off sounding and recessed (can't really describe) just sounds strange and treble is too hot for me. They only sounded good with Dacamp, but only good nothing special. The sound is poor on everything else I used, chord mojo, fiio x3 + fiio a5 and sony a15 + a5. If you really want this iem I suggest you buy it with dacamp as they seem to be made for each other.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #405 of 515
I got a second set of the L1/CL1 here now and this version is perfectly fine sounding with great bass and extended (very) livelytreble.
Something I did notice is that it tends to be picky with the source though, and it's most audible in the treble region. The testing can finally start :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back