Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Oct 20, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #271 of 515
Oct 20, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #272 of 515
Yes, it does. If I recall correctly, it is aptX as well.

From Chord's Hugo page:

"Called Hugo (because you can take Hugo wherever "you-go"), the new device offers studio-master-tape sound quality, advanced connectivity and uncompromising file playback capability, all from a palm-sized player. Hugo is the world's most advanced headphone amp/DAC and the most advanced 32-bit DAC we have ever made, offering five digital inputs including A2DP aptX Bluetooth, plus advanced 384kHz PCM and DSD 128 playback for today's high-resolution DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition) music files."

Thanks for informing me!

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #273 of 515

Yes, it does. If I recall correctly, it is aptX as well.

Awesome news, I had completely forgotten about that! As I said, soon it will be a standard feature which is exactly as it should be.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #274 of 515
Just imo, the reason many portable or home headphone/iem dac amps haven't included bluetooth has to do with the current bandwidth capabilities of BT technology. Even with aptX, it is still not considered "audiophile" standard as yet..thats why cables are still the way to go to extract the best out of our music files. But i have read BT 5.0 which will begin rolling out on devices 2017 has much greater bandwidth and data transfer speeds..just have to wait till BT tech matures a bit more before it starts becoming standard across the personal audio industry.

By the way, the L1 is a true balanced designed, has anyone tried comparing both the SE and balanced output and noticed any difference?..

Thanks

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #276 of 515
Just imo, the reason many portable or home headphone/iem dac amps haven't included bluetooth has to do with the current bandwidth capabilities of BT technology. Even with aptX, it is still not considered "audiophile" standard as yet..thats why cables are still the way to go to extract the best out of our music files. But i have read BT 5.0 which will begin rolling out on devices 2017 has much greater bandwidth and data transfer speeds..just have to wait till BT tech matures a bit more before it starts becoming standard across the personal audio industry.

By the way, the L1 is a true balanced designed, has anyone tried comparing both the SE and balanced output and noticed any difference?..

Thanks

I don't buy that, Bluetooth sounds great even now and I'll bet the VAST majority of people in actual blind listening tests couldn't tell the difference between lossless and Bluetooth Apt x. I know at a head-fi meet here last year I ran a 7 subject, multiple trial blind listening tests comparing a 320mp3 file to the lossless master it was made from. The listening tests were very well controlled and not one person out of 7 did better than 50% detection, which means simply blind luck guessing. Given that Apt x now can achieve even higher sampling rates I remain skeptical that people can actually tell the difference. I use Bluetooth all the time and I think it sounds fantastic and if there are any sonic compromises they are so tiny that compared to the convenience of eliminating a cable it is a no-brainer for me. Just IMO and not trying to start the whole testing debate.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #277 of 515
Any word or updates on the release of these products? After the delay i am curious to see of they are still planned for release in November. I am also curious if that will be the begining or end of november.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #281 of 515
Morning all!

We're still on for on sale in November for all three products, we'll likely be announcing the date, preorder information and maybe something to do with reviews next week...maybe.

Vaanes - unfortunately, the CL750 doesn't really get just service from just a smartphone, we're really strongly advising that you use both CL products with an amp.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #282 of 515
  Morning all!

We're still on for on sale in November for all three products, we'll likely be announcing the date, preorder information and maybe something to do with reviews next week...maybe.

Vaanes - unfortunately, the CL750 doesn't really get just service from just a smartphone, we're really strongly advising that you use both CL products with an amp.

We want a Black Friday discount ! 

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #283 of 515
About the Bluetooth... Audiophile quality, is that just on paper? From what I've heard from many sources is that CD quality is good enough and anything more is just a waste. I listen to music through a wired connection for long periods of time everyday and I do that cause I feel I need an amp. My phone just doesnt have enough power. It's like taking your shoes off after a hard day's work when I use my Bluetooth headset for audio books, etc.... I would love to be able to get the same volume with a Bluetooth iem as I can get with my se215s paired with an amp.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #284 of 515
It's time to stop talking about bluetooth, their not a single product that RHA make that support bluetooth.
I just check RHA website, i hope the price stay that way $99 for the CL750 and $350 CL1,  T20 is also on sale

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #285 of 515
Did the expected MSRP of the new products drop? cause they are all currently listed below the original MSRP.  If this is true the CL1 is getting more and more tempting as it approaches a more reasonable price point for my budget. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back