Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #241 of 515
@sq3rjick
 is on it right now...

They sound awesome out of the dragonfly red. I told Iain that it sounded suspiciously like the CL1 was tuned with the dragonfly red in mind they lair that well!

Sound is definitely balanced. The highs are crisp without being sibilant or fatiguing. The mids are smooth, and there is bass presence in the low end. In shirt, it is an effortless match.

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #242 of 515
Thanks for the impressions. I really dont mind a bright headphone as long as the highs dont lose control at high volumes, If its a smooth treble on the cl1 it will be a definite buy. Can anyone confirm if its smooth?

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #244 of 515
@RHA Iain, can I suggest that in the next iteration of the DAC/amp that RHA please make it Bluetooth compatible. The Creative E5 is a brilliant little device and being able to stream Bluetooth (all those who say Bluetooth isn't up to snuff need to do some blind listening tests) from my phone for instance to the E5 is simply fantastic and unbelievably convenient when needed. I don't believe it would be a very expensive addition, nor will it have any sonic impact as the user can defeat BT if they don't intend to use it. Whether purists realize it or not, Bluetooth, and wireless is without a doubt going to dominate personal audio moving forward so getting into the game is IMO a great move. Congratulations on the new offerings in the RHA family. Cheers.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #247 of 515
  @RHA Iain, can I suggest that in the next iteration of the DAC/amp that RHA please make it Bluetooth compatible. The Creative E5 is a brilliant little device and being able to stream Bluetooth (all those who say Bluetooth isn't up to snuff need to do some blind listening tests) from my phone for instance to the E5 is simply fantastic and unbelievably convenient when needed. I don't believe it would be a very expensive addition, nor will it have any sonic impact as the user can defeat BT if they don't intend to use it. Whether purists realize it or not, Bluetooth, and wireless is without a doubt going to dominate personal audio moving forward so getting into the game is IMO a great move. Congratulations on the new offerings in the RHA family. Cheers.

I had the same thought, and found the E5... It seems really cool. I it?

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #248 of 515
  I had the same thought, and found the E5... It seems really cool. I it?

Yes, the E5 is a pretty nice little device. The transients are a tad emphasized through the DSP chip, but it still manages to be a very nice sounding device and has plenty of features. I really do love the BT feature of the E5 and I feel the asking price is very appropriate. Grab one from Amazon as they have such a great return policy and see what you think. For me it was a good device, albeit one I don't need often. I had an iDSD Micro and sold it as it wasn't getting enough use once my desktop system was hooked up again so I bought the E5 for the odd time I would go portable (on public transit) and actually use a wired headphone. I have used the E5 at home as well and it is solid. That is why I would really love to see a device such as the Dacamp 1 have Bluetooth functionality. I can't imagine why it isn't standard on all such devices?

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #249 of 515
  Yes, the E5 is a pretty nice little device. The transients are a tad emphasized through the DSP chip, but it still manages to be a very nice sounding device and has plenty of features. I really do love the BT feature of the E5 and I feel the asking price is very appropriate. Grab one from Amazon as they have such a great return policy and see what you think. For me it was a good device, albeit one I don't need often. I had an iDSD Micro and sold it as it wasn't getting enough use once my desktop system was hooked up again so I bought the E5 for the odd time I would go portable (on public transit) and actually use a wired headphone. I have used the E5 at home as well and it is solid. That is why I would really love to see a device such as the Dacamp 1 have Bluetooth functionality. I can't imagine why it isn't standard on all such devices

Brilliantly explained! @RHA Iain +1

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #250 of 515
Hi all,  I had a good play with the Dacamp at the show yesterday and came away seriously impressed. It's looks and feels beautifully put together, really lovely design. Both Andromeda and Noble Savants sounded great, excellent extension top & bottom, clean, dynamic, all the right stuff. I absolutely LOVE having the tone controls, especially that they're in the analogue domain. More devices need these, but they're particularly useful in a portable amp I feel as tuning for IEMs can be all over the place. Factor in the feature set, and I'm convinced enough that I'll be getting one when they're released.

PS - Good to see you Iain, well done for staying awake with that jetlag (albeit partially self-inflicted :) ).

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #251 of 515
Hi all,  I had a good play with the Dacamp at the show yesterday and came away seriously impressed. It's looks and feels beautifully put together, really lovely design. Both Andromeda and Noble Savants sounded great, excellent extension top & bottom, clean, dynamic, all the right stuff. I absolutely LOVE having the tone controls, especially that they're in the analogue domain. More devices need these, but they're particularly useful in a portable amp I feel as tuning for IEMs can be all over the place. Factor in the feature set, and I'm convinced enough that I'll be getting one when they're released.

PS - Good to see you Iain, well done for staying awake with that jetlag (albeit partially self-inflicted :) ).

Nice to see some more impressions of the DACAMP. Agree regarding sound quality and the usefulness of tone controls. Looking forward to spending more time with this little guy in the future!

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #252 of 515
How do all the knobs feel?

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #253 of 515
Knob Feeltm is decent. Firm detents on the tone controls & gain setting dials, I don't think these will move unless you want them to. Volume is smooth with a bit of resistance, again should be enough to prevent unwanted movement when out & about.  The volume control is quite highly recessed, probably for the same reason. Might not be as easy to adjust volume blind as on some other units, but not a significant issue imho.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #254 of 515
  Knob Feeltm is decent. Firm detents on the tone controls & gain setting dials, I don't think these will move unless you want them to. Volume is smooth with a bit of resistance, again should be enough to prevent unwanted movement when out & about.  The volume control is quite highly recessed, probably for the same reason. Might not be as easy to adjust volume blind as on some other units, but not a significant issue imho.

Now we're getting into the things that really matter.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #255 of 515

Now we're getting into the things that really matter.

I think Bluetooth matters. Any chance that future versions may actually include Bluetooth connectivity? Can't imagine why it wouldn't at least be on the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back