Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Oct 2, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #212 of 515
im ready to pre order CL1, dont worry guys ill take one for the team 
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #213 of 515
Some more info on the meaning of "CL" its some sort of secret coating on the driver to make it more rigid for better transient response.

Also they are so light they can float...

joking...

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #215 of 515
I hope I'll be able to test CL1 and CL750 in Paris next weekend. RHA is scheduled for the event :)

Very curious to compare CL1 to my new set of Sony XBA-Z5.

Edit : got confirmation that RHA will have demos available. I'll also compare CL1 to Dita Brass, thanks to a tasteful comrade ^^

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #218 of 515
while i've never had and RHA product, i've only read good things on them....currently have the FLC 8S
...but am leaving options open for something equally as balanced, detailed, but with more ''musicality'', a touch
of warmth and more bottom end.

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #219 of 515

Hi Simon T,

The xMMCX connection features a raised locking mechanism designed to secure the connector to the transducer housing and minimise contact wear over time. This makes it incompatible with standard MMCX connections. 

Thanks for the response RHA.

Was hoping I could have used the Dacamp balanced output connection with my other IEMs. Nonetheless, looking forward in auditioning both the CL1 and Dacamp.

Cheers 

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #221 of 515
Fantastic! Have a great CanJam : )

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #223 of 515
Beautiful DACAMP L1. :heart_eyes:

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #225 of 515
I spent some time with Iain this evening at the RHA booth at RMAF.  I listened to the CL1 for a little bit of time.  I'll go back and listen to it more later tomorrow and Sunday (the show was closing down for the night, or I would have spent some more time there).

If you like the T20, you're going to love the CL1.  Build quality is top notch, as to be expected, and the cable DOES NOT twist around in the MMCX-type port.  Having removable cables will be very much appreciated.

I have only listened to them out of my DP-X1 on high gain.  It's true what was said -- they're very inefficient IEMs.  I had to bump up to high gain to get reasonable volume.  But the good news is that they sound fantastic, and you don't NEED to by the Dacamp if you already have a capable source for powering them.

Now, how they sound.  I'd best describe the CL1 as a more refined T20.  The CL1 is to the T20 what the T20 was to the T10.  It takes the basis of something great, refines it, and returns something that's a lot more polished than its predecessor.

Lows are still punchy, as to be expected, but they seem to have a little bit more depth to them.  The highs, due to the ceramic driver, are forward and engaging.  There's also a nice lift in the upper mids.  I think that the switch to the higher impedance was well worth it.  Seriously, I'm really looking forward to going back tomorrow and giving them an even better listen.  Whereas the T20 treble can sometimes seem a tad uncontrolled, I didn't notice that at all in the CL1.  These are going to make a lot of people very happy.  I can't wait to hear them paired with the Dacamp.

Speaking of the Dacamp, it is really well built and quite substantial.  It doesn't feel like a cheap product -- it feels sturdy and premium.  If it sounds as good it looks and feels, I'll be very happy.

I'll post some more detailed impressions after I spend some more time with both products (and use them together). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back