Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a balanced armatture for under $30!
Aug 12, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #46 of 252
Comparison with something in its price range? Delta maybe.

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #47 of 252
My other in ears are the Brainwavz S5, S0, Vsonic GR01, and the HiFi-Man RE-Zero. When I do my review these will be the others I compare these to. I will say that I like these better than the S5 and S0. I just prefer the frequency response of these better. These sound somewhat similar to the GR01 and the RE-Zero. They aren't as good as the GR01 or the RE-Zero, but these cost a fraction of what those cost. They do share a similar overall sound though. Neutral, detailed, and mostly flat.

The GR01 used to go for around $200, and I think the RE-Zero went for around $100. So against those it would be an unfair comparison. Again, the tuning is similar, so if you wanted something that sounds neutral, detailed, and pretty flat these would be a very good option if your budget was $50 or less.

These Jives really have no huge glaring fault my, at least not that I have noticed yet. I will try to use these as my only portable earphone for the next few days, maybe a week and then ill write my actual review. But so far, these are great for the price if this is the kind of sound signature you are after.

Also, isolation with the right tips is pretty impressive with these as well. I have a fairly loud window air conditioner running only 8 feet or so from my and with music playing I don't hear it at all, even paused with no music I can barely hear it. These appear to be sealed, I have not found a port/vent hole anywhere on them.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #50 of 252
So we have real pic of red ones, u all have red? Would be nice to see those blueink
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #52 of 252
Yeah, its like ink from our ball pen. More Purplish than blue.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #60 of 252
I should read better.

The brainwavz B2 has been my favorite IEM since I've received them.  I've been looking for cheaper alternatives when I'm out and about, would I be correct in assuming these are like the cheaper/lower version of the B2 that I don't have to worry about babying when I'm out and about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back