Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a balanced armatture for under $30!
Aug 8, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #31 of 252
Can someone just tell how the soundstage is onthese earphones?
I have a dual drive R1, would that lack the soundstage if i compare with R1??

I don't think anyone has heard them yet :wink:

Give it one more week and impressions should start popping up.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #32 of 252
I have a review pair coming as well. Haven't got a shipping confirmation yet, but I was emailed about reviewing them and I said yes. I was also asked if I wanted to review the Hengja headphone holder too, and I also agreed.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #33 of 252
  I have a review pair coming as well. Haven't got a shipping confirmation yet, but I was emailed about reviewing them and I said yes. I was also asked if I wanted to review the Hengja headphone holder too, and I also agreed.

Most of us are.
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #35 of 252
Can't wait to hear how these sound. Did anyone else see that Brainwavz is going to warranty all their products for TWO years now? That's what I call a company standing behind their products. I wonder if any other companies will pick up the gauntlet they've thrown down. Kudos, Brainwavz!

Aug 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #36 of 252
I got an email shipping confirmation and tracking number. By looking at the tracking it appears that it's leaving Hong Kong today and will be delivered to my house in NY tomorrow by noon. Thats crazy fast shipping if that ends up being true. If they do arrive tomorrow I'll post a initial impression tomorrow or thursday night.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #37 of 252
Well, got my review set in, and so far so good. Build quality seems good(lots of strain relief everywhere), it's a build like the older Delta's, even the color of the cables is identical. As for the sound.....well, I'm gonna hold off on anything until I get a full burn in done. It does tend toward the higher end at first blush, though, with forward vocals...this will, of course, change after burn in. Oh, and ignore what's on the tin--these now have a 24 month warranty
wink.gif
 For now, here are some pics of the actual Jive, enjoy 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #38 of 252
Thanks for the pics, mine will be red too, nice to see the new case here. I hope it will improve on delta.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #39 of 252
Thanks for the pics, mine will be red too, nice to see the new case here. I hope it will improve on delta.

I just put the Comply's on...and it was a drastic improvement over the stock tips IMHO. They took the high end edge off by quite a bit, makes the Jive's sound much more balanced. Burning in now, so no more listening for 24 hours, look forward to hearing them afterward now for sure 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Oh, and the case? Awesome! 

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #40 of 252
Sound pretty nice OOTB. Burning in now. Look very promising especially for the price! And yes I'm very impressed with Brainwavz' new 2 yr. warranty on all their stuff. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #42 of 252
Couldn't resist, pulled them off my burn-in rig during lunch hour. Really nice speed and yes, punchy fast bass...if not as deep as the S5. Soundstage is quite wide for a budget 'phone. Very comfortable in my ears. I have a feeling my wife might try to get me to buy her a blue set. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 252
  So @dragon2knight do u have wp device around, some lumia? if u could check if remote work (see u have android type) i would be grateful :)

Sorry but no WP lying around, had a 521 for quite awhile but gave it to my friend. But from experience, I can say that most all of my other remote equipped android headsets worked for the most part with that phone. You won't get all functions to work, but at least you can answer a call or skip a track on the music player.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #45 of 252
I have mine in my ears right now.

Very quick first impression after maybe 20 minutes:

Very impressive for being less than $30. They have a somewhat neutral/analytical/flat sound to them which is what I'm used to. There is a bit of unevenness somewhere in the upper mids lower treble area that bugs me a bit, but it may smooth out a bit with some time. I've tried a few different tips trying to make it go away, not to successful yet, but they are very enjoyable for them costing less than $30. More to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back