Introducing the Aurisonics Auris
Feb 2, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #62 of 113
  Patiently waiting for the Kickstarter to launch.

Also, that grey bump on the lower left looks uncomfortable... I hope it's relocated on the final version http://www.aurisonics.com/auris/

I don't remember specifically if the grey bump was there on the one I had but I can certainly say that they were not uncomfortable in the least. Peaking back to the photo on the first post that grey bump may be the small white one you can see in my hand. But there was definitely no discomfort whatsoever with the prototype.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #67 of 113
whoops, i made the mistake of thinking 'inline' and 'built in' mean the same thing. apparently not

another question: without cables, how prone are these to falling off your ears? in case of tripping, forceful contact (e.g. bumping into someone), or just getting snatched by the person sitting besides you on a long distance train trip whilst you're napping?

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #68 of 113
That's a really good question. I was mostly stationary when I had them in my ears so I can't say how they're going to hold up during rigorous activities. They definitely felt stable at a walking pace. Hopefully we'll know more details soon.

Bragi, the company behind The Dash, has a silicon sleeve that goes over the whole IEM to increase surface contact with the ear. They say that it won't fall out even during activities like swimming. The Auris didn't have a sleeve like that when I saw it but the shape did a nice job of making multiple contact points with my ear.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #69 of 113
gotcha. i'm debating between this, or a traditional CIEM with aftermarket cable that has an inline mic for use with my phone. curious to see what solution they'll provide for storing these on the go.

please keep the thread updated with any new announcements coming out
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #70 of 113
If you will be making a lot of calls, an inline mic on a cable would be closer to your mouth which should usually result in better call quality. But aftermarket CIEM cables will cost you. For music listening, something without wires like the Auris would be a lot better because no worry about microphonics or tangles.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #71 of 113
While an inline mic would indeed be closer to your mouth in most cases, bone conducting mics have made great improvement over the last few years. So assuming that the mic is bone conducting we could have great voice quality even without the cables. But if it's just a standard omni mic then yeah, an inline will usually have better clarity.

One of my biggest concerns with any wireless headphone is battery life. There's no cord to store additional batteries so we're probably only talking a few hours of life before they need to be recharged. The Dash is going to have a carrying case that recharges the headphones but the continuous play time is only something like 3.5-4 hours tops. Hopefully the Auris can improve upon the Dash's battery life.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #72 of 113
you guys brought up some great points. each setup has its respective strengths and drawbacks, and despite leaning towards the traditional CIEM route at the moment, i'll be waiting for more information about the Auris. it has been over three months since the original Kickstarter date though.. i do hope they are released sooner rather than later

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #73 of 113
  you guys brought up some great points. each setup has its respective strengths and drawbacks, and despite leaning towards the traditional CIEM route at the moment, i'll be waiting for more information about the Auris. it has been over three months since the original Kickstarter date though.. i do hope they are released sooner rather than later

I'm practically begging for a custom version to be made available. I doubt we'll see that happen due to what all has to go inside the Auris but a man can dream, right? If the Auris can come in custom form I'll be all over that in a heartbeat.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #74 of 113
A mic built in to the earpieces can work effectively.  We carry the Pendulumic Stance 1+ (bluetooth over-ear), and I can attest to the fact that phone calls are heard loud and clear when the built-in mic is utilized.  At first, I was alway questioning the people I was talking to on them, "Can you hear me OK?" because it seems odd to talk when there is no mic up close to your mouth.  Now I realize it works just fine!

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #75 of 113
Can't wait to get my Rockets and hear more about the Auris!! Hoping for a not-too-distant release date! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back