Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 31, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #961 of 1,636
Found these guys through a review yesterday...if anyone is into Rock...

Turnstyle - Glow On

It's been described as Trash meets EDM with a dash of stadium rock and maybe a bit of rage against the machine here and there. It's just unique. Listening on the LCD-R...so far enjoying :)

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #962 of 1,636
My money says that Audeze released 67 because 1967 was the year Frankie Valli released Can't Take My Eyes Off You, and the lyrics just fit so well with the finish.

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like Heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last, love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive

Totes true. 100% confirmed.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #963 of 1,636
Aug 31, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #964 of 1,636
My money says that Audeze released 67 because 1967 was the year Frankie Valli released Can't Take My Eyes Off You, and the lyrics just fit so well with the finish.

I wanna hold you so much

I can neither confirm nor deny this. :zipper_mouth:

Discuss.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #966 of 1,636
And they are sold out again... hopefully one of you guys snagged it!

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #967 of 1,636
Currently talking to Eddie current about possibly uodating/adding transformers to the balancing act to run the 2ohm load too
Oh, that is absolute filth of an idea. Wonderful if Craig would oblige.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #968 of 1,636

I wanna hold you so much

You've been too quiet in this thread. :) I hope you guys were able to get one in at home base.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #969 of 1,636
Apparently everyone was so quick on the buzzer when the orders went live that we didn't manage to snag a set before they sold out. We did get a brief sneak peek when Sankar came out for the CRBN interview and what I heard over three of my test tracks was definitely impressive, but cursory. Still, I've considered ordering some Lichtenberg artwork for my office because the unit Sankar had in his bag was so exceptionally stunning. Frankie Valli definitely said it well.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #970 of 1,636
Also, just fwiw, I bugged chord about the hugo2
Who at Chord? But indeed, there's no way I'd try it on a Hugo 2.
My money is on the fact that they made 70 of them...gave one to a reviewer...kept two. Sold the rest. These can't be mass market until people have amp choices. It's the start of a conversation around low impedance headphones and what is needed to drive them.
Since that must be me, I'd like to state that I bought my loaner set -- it wasn't given to me. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only reviewer who has one still in their possession.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #971 of 1,636

Since that must be me, I'd like to state that I bought my set. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only reviewer who has one still in their possession.

Didn't mean anything by it…but good to know. So that means yours is part of the 67?
Either way…I thought I read somewhere that there are actually 70…but 67 for sale.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #972 of 1,636
I'm still trying to determine how the Woo Audio Wa8 could possibly power the LCD-R. I do own the Wa8, but it only has a single ended outputs. Did Woo Audio say how they got it to work?

Btw the wa8 with upgraded tubes is pretty sweet! Another one of those items I will likely never sell.

I didn't realize you could tube roll yhe wa8. I may have to reconsider it. As for getting the lcd-r on it, just use a normal audeze cable.

Lol. I was just emailing the manufacturers of everything I own to make sure

As for the person it was just one of their CS people. If you are super currious feel free to PM me, just doesn't feel appropriate to post their name here

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #973 of 1,636
Didn't mean anything by it…but good to know. So that means yours is part of the 67?
Either way…I thought I read somewhere that there are actually 70…but 67 for sale.
No worries. I sometimes get some BS online from people since I review gear. Easiest to shut down rumours and innuendo fast.
I think, though I haven't asked, that my set is not part of the 67.
As for the person it was just one of their CS people.
Fair enough. Quite a reaction from them!

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #974 of 1,636

Haha. I absalutely agree. Tbh one of the main reasons I reached out to them was because I realized I had been using 2.3 ohm iems on the h2 to some pretyy solid effect for a few weeks so I didn't know if there would be issues with like a 10% lower load and a bit lower sensitivity.

I got a similar reaction from Eddie current as well bjt that was followed directly by good talks about how to resolve the problem after disbelief was suspended (currently trying to work out details there). Chord was just a "What? No. End of discussion" kind of answer. Maybe you will get an engineers reponce to the issue if yiu bug them? I am currious why such low impedence iems work and the Rs won't tbh

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #975 of 1,636
No worries. I sometimes get some BS online from people since I review gear. Easiest to shut down rumours and innuendo fast.
I think, though I haven't asked, that my set is not part of the 67.

Interesting, does your pair have a serial number?

BTW, your review of the LCD-R was one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on them... Keep up the great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back