Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,381 of 1,636
Doesn't that seam odd to you? The two devices were created in a pretty close collaboration so what exactly doesn't the Jot-A have? What is your source that demonstrates the Jot-A lacks clean power? Is this just a gut instinct, or have you seen testing that demonstrates this?
My main counter to this point is that, when I owned the R, it didn’t take much from the volume knob until you hit ear pain through balanced in. If it was a close collaboration I’d have assumed something like this would have been brought up and adjusted. Feels like the partnership just worked out cause they’re in close proximity to each other.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,382 of 1,636
My main counter to this point is that, when I owned the R, it didn’t take much from the volume knob until you hit ear pain through balanced in. If it was a close collaboration I’d have assumed something like this would have been brought up and adjusted. Feels like the partnership just worked out cause they’re in close proximity to each other.

I didn't even think about this for some reason. Yah. Idk if the designer listens at 160dB but the gain on the jot is way way way too high

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #1,383 of 1,636
Fair enough, but the Jot would also be designed to be able to power other headphones, some that would have need of more power. You in some ways made my point that there was obviously more than enough clean power available. You mentioned it being too loud, but I noticed you didn't say that it got distorted so again, plenty of clean power it sounds like.

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #1,384 of 1,636
Fair enough, but the Jot would also be designed to be able to power other headphones, some that would have need of more power. You in some ways made my point that there was obviously more than enough clean power available. You mentioned it being too loud, but I noticed you didn't say that it got distorted so again, plenty of clean power it sounds like.
The jot is not designed to be used with any other cans and doing so voids the warranty (as per audezes product page at least)

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #1,385 of 1,636
The jot is not designed to be used with any other cans and doing so voids the warranty (as per audezes product page at least)
Are you sure? I thought it was the LCD-R that was designed exclusively for the Jot and not the other way around. I could be wrong though.

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #1,386 of 1,636
Are you sure? I thought it was the LCD-R that was designed exclusively for the Jot and not the other way around. I could be wrong though.
Designed for eachother. Realistically speaking the can was designed and made and then the jot R was modified into the jot a

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #1,387 of 1,636
Designed for eachother. Realistically speaking the can was designed and made and then the jot R was modified into the jot a
Ok, but are you saying the Jot A is only to be used with the LCD-R? That is what I thought you had meant. My apology if I misunderstood you.

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #1,388 of 1,636
Ok, but are you saying the Jot A is only to be used with the LCD-R? That is what I thought you had meant. My apology if I misunderstood you.
Yes the Jot A is meant to be only used with the LCD-R, the Jot R is only to be used with the Raal SR-1A.

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #1,389 of 1,636
1659521961121.png

This is from the Jot A manual

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #1,391 of 1,636
Are the Jot R and Jot A any different?
Some people say they are identical and just a different branding for different application.
They are different, that compensation switch has a different tuning and they have different gain, iirc

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #1,392 of 1,636
I would assume that the lcd-r would sound better out of the hsa-1b or a high quality amp using the TL-1a box since the connections are the same

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,393 of 1,636
I would assume that the lcd-r would sound better out of the hsa-1b or a high quality amp using the TL-1a box since the connections are the same
The raal amps are tricky because the noise floor too so high on the ribbon outputs making you need an anti-hiss adaptor. But yes, LCD-R does sound better on both those amps than the jot.

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,394 of 1,636
what is an anti hiss adaptor?....also would the same hold if one used the raal TL-1A box?

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #1,395 of 1,636
what is an anti hiss adaptor?
Think like iematch from ifi. Lots of cable makers will make custom ones as well.

also would the same hold if one used the raal TL-1A box?

This entierly depends on the amp its hooked up to as the box is entierly passive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back