Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 2, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #571 of 1,636
This equations are still giving me nightmares from my studying time😂

I asked at ifi and auralic what they think of the compatibility of a 2ohm headphone
Got a reply from ifi, they said technically the ifi micro signature could handle the 2ohms. But they strongly advice not to try, and also don't take any warranty for the headphone.
So if anybody wants to try under own risk :wink:
Auralic Taurus can't handle the 2ohms

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802_144626~2.png
    Screenshot_20210802_144626~2.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #573 of 1,636
beautiful:
Woo 3ES and Audeze CRBN
Headphones look also amazin, cable looks also nice
Screenshot_20210802-151021_Chrome.jpg

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #574 of 1,636
I suppose I can share this here until Audeze makes an official thread: https://www.techpowerup.com/285168/...bes-deliver-big-on-headphone-audio-experience
"since the way I see increased audio fidelity and resolution to be to have effectively an ultra-thin diaphragm with nothing in front of it, and as uniform a force as possible pushing and pulling it back as needed"

That sounds eerily similar to:

the best way to increase headphone fidelity is to remove all structures in front of the diaphram, and push said diaphram with a uniform force.

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #576 of 1,636
beautiful:
Woo 3ES and Audeze CRBN
Headphones look also amazin, cable looks also nice
I'm digging the egg-shape cups. If these have the same spatial qualities of the Arya / HE-1k series while keeping the tight audeze bass, these will be nothing short of an incredible set of cans!

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #577 of 1,636
"since the way I see increased audio fidelity and resolution to be to have effectively an ultra-thin diaphragm with nothing in front of it, and as uniform a force as possible pushing and pulling it back as needed"

That sounds eerily similar to:
LOL it does! If it helps, it's what came to my mind after going through the media kit and some discussions with my Audeze contact so I guess you were thinking on the same lines?

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #578 of 1,636
I'm digging the egg-shape cups. If these have the same spatial qualities of the Arya / HE-1k series while keeping the tight audeze bass, these will be nothing short of an incredible set of cans!
Shape is similar to the Solitaire P
Curious how it will sound

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #579 of 1,636
LOL it does! If it helps, it's what came to my mind after going through the media kit and some discussions with my Audeze contact so I guess you were thinking on the same lines?
Maybe so. My original understanding of the concept came from an interview with the CEO of Hifiman, talking about what the next steps were in headphone technology.

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #581 of 1,636
Interesting, it would be hilarious if there's a HiFiMan electrostat on the way too.
Boy do I have news for you....

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #583 of 1,636
I meant outside of the Shangri La, but yes point taken :D
Hifiman has been pretty mum about any future headphones. Last I heard, the Susvara would be the last high-end / flagship planar headphone they make for the time being. So maybe an upgraded Jade / ribbon driver is on the horizon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back