Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 2, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #601 of 1,636
We feel everyone's excitement surrounding the newest announcement from Audeze, and we invite everyone to discuss their new electrostat in the Audeze CRBN thread. We ask that everyone please keep any discussion related to the CRBN in this thread focused on comparisons with the LCD-R. More general discussion of the CRBN and pairings should go in the CRBN thread. Thanks all, we appreciate it.

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #604 of 1,636
Any reason the CRBN's measurements could be released by headfi but not the LCD-Rs?
My guess would be that the LCD-R measurements are backburnered because they aren't available and never will be again whereas Audeze has just begun taking orders for the CRBN. But I'd love to see those measurements, too! :)

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #605 of 1,636
The LCD-R made a brief stop at Head-Fi HQ the day Sankar visited us for the CRBN interview. We only had a few fleeting moments to hear it before it had to leave, whereas the CRBN stayed with us after the interview and we were able to take time measuring it. Because our time with the LCD-R was so short we weren't able to measure the set while it was here.

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #607 of 1,636
The LCD-R made a brief stop at Head-Fi HQ the day Sankar visited us for the CRBN interview. We only had a few fleeting moments to hear it before it had to leave, whereas the CRBN stayed with us after the interview and we were able to take time measuring it. Because our time with the LCD-R was so short we weren't able to measure the set while it was here.
Thanks for clarifying!

Measurements wouldn't need to be from headfi. I guess I just meant that I don't see a reason Audeze's own measurements could not be released for the LCD-R. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #608 of 1,636
Will HF official be adding any impressions from that visit or maybe some inside thoughts on what they were doing with this project.

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #609 of 1,636
I feel like my last question may have gotten buried in the CRBN discussion. I was looking for a headphone stand for the LCD-R that doesn't require them to hung from their headband...anyone have any recommendations?

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #610 of 1,636
I feel like my last question may have gotten buried in the CRBN discussion. I was looking for a headphone stand for the LCD-R that doesn't require them to hung from their headband...anyone have any recommendations?
I actually Think you might have more success in the esrablished LCD threads for the old models

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #611 of 1,636

I assume you mean something like this?

b1fe8faf-c409-4f56-85d1-5886f69a435c._CR207,0,1242,1242_PT0_SX300__.jpg

I actually have a couple of these but unfortunately it looks like the vendor doesn't sell them anymore. :frowning2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FSXR2H

EDIT: I found one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113927111379

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #614 of 1,636
Aug 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #615 of 1,636
Yeah..I don't know...I was thinking something wood. I feel like I saw something wood somewhere on this forum...not sure where.

Thank you though.

Funnily enough, I haven't been using them with LCD-2 at all, I just tried it right now -- they're for my TH-500RP and HE-400. I like the functionality (no strain on headband) even if they're not beautiful furnishings by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back