Introducing the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000T
Oct 24, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #271 of 455
Is the tube switched off when we are on OP mode? Do we have more battery then? Just curious.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #273 of 455
I intend to buy a Sp2000T. When I read about the problems with the device here, I ask myself whether I should buy now or wait. Maybe there are still hardware problems. Is it advisable to buy now?
I cancelled my order as soon as It was mentioned the buzzing sound when streaming music, and I´m still waiting for the comments of users or A&K representatives about solutions. Other than that, as far as I´ve read, It seems that the crashing problems are related to unaccepted files (such as iso files).

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #274 of 455
Still have no issues with mine. I use local files (Flac and DSD) and streaming with Tidal, no crash and no buzzing sound.

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #276 of 455
Hello, yes I do not hear any buzzing in all 3 modes with Tidal via Wifi.

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #278 of 455
To anyone concerned with the buzzing sound:

It is only present with the WiFi on, when using tube or hybrid. The OP sounds just fine all the time. If you use local files or downloaded content just can turn off the WiFi if using the tube and no problem.

An important point is that with full size headphones the sound is from minimal to virtually non-existent. With IEMS: some are good to go but others catch the buzz with clarity. If you detect it, the buzz appears for a few moments at certain irregular time frames, enough to disrupt the pleasure of listening (so, you may turn the WiFi off).

Sometimes is app dependent, Spotify being the worst, followed by Amazon HD and then Tidal.

When instead I’m using the Kann Alpha, it easily gets busy, stuck in a screen, slow to respond. But there are no tubes there and the sound isn’t altered. The SP2000t is way better, faster, but if the resources are not enough, perhaps is then when the tube suffers (lack of resources). For example, Tidal may present noise just at the beginning of a song when it is a standard or HiFi resolution, but when listening Masters, the buzz exacerbates.

I reckon, however, that any seasoned audiophile or an equanimous person wouldn’t consider this a big thing, just a minor drawback. I’m keeping mine happily, the sound is very good and the characteristics interesting enough to enjoy it with no real deal breakers here.
A personal decision, but I’d recommend the device authentically.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #279 of 455
You have to install the Tidal version 2.40.2, available under Service/Downloads

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #280 of 455
You have to install the Tidal version 2.40.2, available under Service/Downloads

That's correct, the built-in Tidal doesn't allow downloads. Apparently that's a requirement for 3rd party app access (no downloads). You have to use the official app.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #282 of 455
Just making a note here that I am also experiencing the buzzing when using wifi+tube. Like the others have said, the buzzing appears during the first 2-3 seconds of each new song and then goes away, but it is sufficiently annoying that I am using OP mode all the way now. Hope AK will release a fix soon for such premium product.

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #283 of 455
Just making a note here that I am also experiencing the buzzing when using wifi+tube. Like the others have said, the buzzing appears during the first 2-3 seconds of each new song and then goes away, but it is sufficiently annoying that I am using OP mode all the way now. Hope AK will release a fix soon for such premium product.
On calm songs with low volume sessions, should be noticeable as well. (Still based on other amps, haven’t got my SP2kt yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back