Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Jan 22, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #121 of 1,659
Instead of blaming Shanling, Why not look around other brands? No one can release a new DAC/AMP or DAP with the latest Snapdragon chipset e.g. Snapdragon480 or 460, Snapdragon 690 or 662. I believe they would have a certain reason behind. Perhaps MOQ (Mininum Order Quantity) condition or whatever Qualcomm offer to those brand if MOQ is lower than xxxx pieces. I tend to believe what Qualcomm allow for low number of MOQ might be old-school 2-4 years ago Snapdragon chipsets. Every brands want to produce the best as they can, don't they?

For those who can't accept old-school snapdragon chipset, there is another method but not convenience. That is buy a new entry smartphone which has 6000mAh and a USB-DAC tail product. You will get the up-to-date snapdragon as well as nice screen plus big capacity for long run playback.

This is Shanling M30 Thread, If you think the price and its spec don't make you satisfy. Leave this thread alone rather than blaming this and that. If you have 'cost-effective' mindset, you should know blaming doesn't make your life better. loss your kcal, waste your precious time, trigger drama to other headifiers, make Shanling feel down in such COVID-19 crisis period.
This is the Shanling M30 showcase. From Shanling M30 -> Shanling Monoblock? -> B&W 800D
The picture is from the Weibo video.

Shanling M30 Speaker setup.JPG

♥️
Well said thank you for supporting shanling I to believe people are too ignorant and start on a wrong foot here blaming and complaining. This is a hard industry and its very nich market area. To much competition.

What shanling is offering is unique and very affordable!

Look luxury precision P6 pro ( 3.8k )
Cayin N8 3.8k
Sp2000 3.5k
Wm1z 4 years old still sold for 3.2k
Lpgt 3.2k
And many more!

And look at M30 ! Modular full dac desktop level! With future proof and streaming and local files all under same roof!
For only 3.6k!

Seriously people learn your market, M30 is extremely well priced and positioned!
Dmp z1 is 8 000$ and no streaming.

🐅🐾🌪️🔥

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #122 of 1,659
Instead of blaming Shanling, Why not look around other brands? No one can release a new DAC/AMP or DAP with the latest Snapdragon chipset e.g. Snapdragon480 or 460, Snapdragon 690 or 662. I believe they would have a certain reason behind. Perhaps MOQ (Mininum Order Quantity) condition or whatever Qualcomm offer to those brand if MOQ is lower than xxxx pieces. I tend to believe what Qualcomm allow for low number of MOQ might be old-school 2-4 years ago Snapdragon chipsets. Every brands want to produce the best as they can, don't they?

The problem is selling devices using old Midrange SoC at price like they have the latest Snapdragon 888.

For those who can't accept old-school snapdragon chipset, there is another method but not convenience. That is buy a new entry smartphone which has 6000mAh and a USB-DAC tail product. You will get the up-to-date snapdragon as well as nice screen plus big capacity for long run playback.

+1.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #123 of 1,659
This is full fledged Desktop device, with batteries as a boost to the sound quality.

Our Android system runs all the apps bit perfect, with no effect from Android SRC.

This is not designed as a transportable product, we have no intentions to compete with devices like transportable Chord DAC/AMPs. This is desktop device, that uses batteries for a clean power and boost in sound quality.

We plan to have some loaner units available around the world.

That's awesome to hear it'll run the apps Bit-Perfect, and I've always found that the cost of "portability" tends to be disproportionate to the gain running off batteries has. An technically speaking my Desktop PC is Modular is it not? Tho it is by no means portable... so just looking at the design of M30 it it's clear there's been some thought to making it easier to move around than traditional desktop components.

Still tho technology may have come far enough to finally see that added cost and convenience yield enough of an improvement to be more than worthwhile! One of my favorite recording studios actually uses a LOT of battery powered components... tho I can't imagine what they must weigh! Still batteries can offer noticeable improvements when implemented with other smart and sound quality conscious design choices,

I'd love to be able to hear and share my honest thoughts on M30 when it's available, I'm always excited at the thought of new innovative designs hitting the market. While the "same ole same ole" works no industry benefits from stagnation, so I'd be delighted to see this product set a standard for a new definition/expectation for "desktop" products

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #125 of 1,659
The problem is selling devices using old Midrange SoC at price like they have the latest Snapdragon 888.

+1.

Why do you even care for latest & fastest cpu ? M30 will run on old and stripped android version and it will not need much of the computing power. DAC section and circuit design is a priority in such products. If you need all in one device, DAP market has better offerings. M30 is targeting desktop quality dac/amps

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #126 of 1,659
@Shanling Could you let me know the max transfer rate on USB-A ports? 480Mbps(USB2.0)? 5Gbps(USB3.0/USB3.1 Gen.1)? 10Gbps(USB3.1 Gen.2)?
I hope it's faster enough for SSD drive connection.

@Shanling One more question. Can I swap the position of the Digital Player module and the DAC module?
I think I'd like to place the Digital Player module on front side for better operation.

Latest image:
M30_Production.jpg

Older concept image:
M30_Prototype.jpg

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #127 of 1,659
Size comparison between Shanling M30 and Sony DMP Z1. The picture is from Weibo

Shanling M30 + DMPZ1.jpg

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #129 of 1,659

Shanling M30 + DMPZ1.jpg

Quite an interesting concept! I like this idea very much. In term of design, like someone else mentioned, I would prefer something a little larger and better for the front display. I mean its not the main display but I like my volume information a little larger.

I don’t know if the front is plastic but I would have opted for an aluminium thinplate/faceplate with a cutout for the display. I think it would have contrasted the headphone output and looked more premium.

Lastly, the volume wheel being recessed and this unit being made to sit on desks and flat surfaces, will it be easily grabbed and manipulated? I like to manipulate stuff with my hands! Hehe!

Those are quite minor and personal to me still. Gotta leave some for the limited/pro/mkII/titanium version later!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 24, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #130 of 1,659
@Shanling One more question. Can I swap the position of the Digital Player module and the DAC module?
I think I'd like to place the Digital Player module on front side for better operation.

Latest image:
M30_Production.jpg

Older concept image:
M30_Prototype.jpg

That's an excellent point

Shanling M30 + DMPZ1.jpg
Lastly, the volume wheel being recessed and this unit being made to sit on desks and flat surfaces, will it be easily grabbed and manipulated? I like to manipulate stuff with my hands! Hehe!

An that picture is really handy for driving both of these points home, having the wheel so flush with the chasis will make it more difficult than had it stuck out a bit and the displaying being towards the rear is some what inconvenient.

Sony had the right idea having the knob protrude a bit and then having the protrusions on the case add both function [as I bet you can run a shoulder strap thru there] but also add additional points of contact. In the event that it should fall it's not just the knob that's poking out!

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #132 of 1,659
What does it mean closed Android?Does it have an opportunity to download any Android app?

it means it will only work with the specifically approved apps by Shanling. No Google play store or anything. Make sure to read the info on this thread, post #2:

What applications can be installed on the M30?

Special version of the Shanling Music player serves as the main app for a music playback.
Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal streaming services are available for installation.

Will there be more applications in the future?

Yes, our software team will be adding more applications over time.

Can I install additional streaming applications or my favourite music player?

No, it’s not possible for users to install additional applications.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #134 of 1,659
Shanling M30 James Bond suitcase Unboxing~ Pictures are from Weibo. Ready setup a time bomb!!

Shanling M30 Box 01.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 02.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back