Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Jan 24, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #136 of 1,659
I love this concept and it’s something I’d be interested in, but scary thought if it doesn’t sell well then they opt to stop support and don’t make new modules. Then at that point you’re just stuck with a dated all-in-one with additional failure points due to the complicated design.

What would also be interesting is if they licensed the tech or had a developer program so other manufacturers could develop modules for it.

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #137 of 1,659
This is the Shanling M30 showcase. From Shanling M30 -> Shanling Monoblock? -> B&W 800D
The picture is from the Weibo video.

That's our listening room in our office.
These are our A600 monoblocks from 25th anniversary series: https://www.shanling.com/product/4429

The problem is selling devices using old Midrange SoC at price like they have the latest Snapdragon 888.
+1.

We make Hi-Fi devices, so we hope most customers will judge them by their sound. Not really competing with smartphones on latest CPUs.

@Shanling One more question. Can I swap the position of the Digital Player module and the DAC module?
I think I'd like to place the Digital Player module on front side for better operation.

Will check on this and add to FAQ.

This picture of it looks much better than the other. The official pic looks like a rendering.

Yes, we use renderings for our official pictures. Decision by our marketing director.

Lastly, the volume wheel being recessed and this unit being made to sit on desks and flat surfaces, will it be easily grabbed and manipulated? I like to manipulate stuff with my hands! Hehe!

There are feets on the M30, so it doesn't sit completely flat on the surface. And with the wheel having opening on the side, you can easily rotate it by touching this corner of device.

Crazily nice!! Also crazily complicated lol, just looking at all the accessories

Most of the accessory is for switching the modules.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 24, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #138 of 1,659
Shanling M30 James Bond suitcase Unboxing~ Pictures are from Weibo. Ready setup a time bomb!!

Shanling M30 Box 01.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 02.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 03.jpg
Kind of a cheap looking power brick. May want to invest in a good LPS if you are investing in this kind of device unless you are planning to use it on battery the whole time. Which may be a good idea to reduce noise and interference.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #139 of 1,659
Shanling M30 James Bond suitcase Unboxing~ Pictures are from Weibo. Ready setup a time bomb!!

Shanling M30 Box 01.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 02.jpg

Shanling M30 Box 03.jpg

Beautifully this is truly is my dream device! Wow

I love that brief case dang right there! Heavy duty specs ready for Tiger the trucker!

That's our listening room in our office.
These are our A600 monoblocks from 25th anniversary series: https://www.shanling.com/product/4429

We make Hi-Fi devices, so we hope most customers will judge them by their sound. Not really competing with smartphones on latest CPUs.

Will check on this and add to FAQ.

Yes, we use renderings for our official pictures. Decision by our marketing director.

There are feets on the M30, so it doesn't sit completely flat on the surface. And with the wheel having opening on the side, you can easily rotate it by touching this corner of device.

Most of the accessory is for switching the modules.

Wow shanling you guys have some serious hifi systems amazing. Would love to visit that room and try your gear!

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #140 of 1,659
Kind of a cheap looking power brick. May want to invest in a good LPS if you are investing in this kind of device unless you are planning to use it on battery the whole time. Which may be a good idea to reduce noise and interference.

M30 always runs on battery. This power brick is for charging only.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #141 of 1,659
Here is the very first Shanling M30 impression by the official shop one in Weibo. It is quite interesting that he is impressed on M30 than DMP Z1.

01.jpg

Translated via DeepL (This is partial of the whole articles. There will be misusing words, so please read it with a grain of salt)

In the DAC module, M30 currently uses a dual AK4497 chip, some enthusiasts may feel that a flagship DAC should not use AK4499 such flagship chip, however, the sound quality of a playback device is a combination of factors, M30 itself is far more than a DAC, but a revolutionary audio center, in addition to the DAC function, its playback, amplification, power and wireless modules are all integrated. In addition to the DAC function, its playback, amplification, electronic tube, power supply and wireless module are independent, each function is strong, DAC module is only one of the links, after the overall design and tuning, the current version of the M30 sound quality has been very strong, far beyond the same type of products, so a comprehensive view, the current price version of the DAC module using AK4497 is very appropriate.

first of all, we are most concerned about the use of with the problem, as an audio center, and with such strong physical conditions, I decided to first use each flagship headset large ear test again, and then try the earbuds and speakers.

So FOCAL Daewoo / Golden Woo, HIFIMAN HE1000SE / R10, Audio-Technica ADX5000 / AWAS, Beyer T1 / T5 3 generation and Sennheiser HD820 took turns, a comprehensive competition, but also to test the current module under the M30's most optimal match. We found that the thrust of the M30 in ultra-high gain mode, is very abundant, can reach more than 1000MW of actual thrust feeling, can fully drive the headphones include: FOCAL Da Wu / Golden Crow, HIFIMAN HE1000SE / R10, Audio-Technica AWAS and Beyer T1 / T5 3 generation. Among them, the big U and HE1000SE need to be in ultra-high gain mode can be fully driven; Golden U, HIFIMAN R10, Audio-Technica AWAS and Beyerdynamic T1/T5 3 generation in high gain mode can be fully driven performance.

Need a hint is that headphones like the HD820 Perhaps in the style and drive requirements, M30 with the performance and the same price of pure ear amplifier than, feel still not fed, with the HD820 can be avoided (attached a messy hindsight photo).

Earbuds, we tested SOFTEARS RS10, FR1 MIRACLE, VE8, 64 AUDIO NIO and other earbuds, M30 in high gain and the following mode, the earbuds can bring a very good experience, far beyond the ordinary portable Walkman sound quality experience, I used to say to enthusiasts, plug your earbuds into a desktop machine, you will find a new world, M30 is a machine that will bring a new world to your earbuds, earbud enthusiasts, M30 is definitely worth having, ha ha ha ha.

As a preamp, M30 can also be linked to active speakers, we connected the Zenith G4 for testing, easy to connect, the sound quality also reached a very high level.

Talk about the M30 tuning and sound quality.

(1) M30 tuning balanced atmosphere.
Low-frequency powerful dive full, warm and full midrange, high-frequency smooth, sound field tuning regulation, vocal distance is moderate, accurate positioning, wide horizontal sound field, the overall tuning of natural listening. Mountain Spirit's many years of HIFI tuning experience, these aspects are very reassuring.

(2) M30 quality can be obtained beyond all the current portable Walkman sound quality experience, compared with similar can easily exceed, in the expected, but still gave me a big surprise, once the hands want to keep listening, this is a machine has the appeal of the best quality, if I give me a choice in the desktop configuration of a machine, balanced consideration to the quality and volume, my current choice must be M30.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #142 of 1,659
Here is the very first Shanling M30 impression by the official shop one in Weibo. It is quite interesting that he is impressed on M30 than DMP Z1.

01.jpg

Translated via DeepL (This is partial of the whole articles. There will be misusing words, so please read it with a grain of salt)

In the DAC module, M30 currently uses a dual AK4497 chip, some enthusiasts may feel that a flagship DAC should not use AK4499 such flagship chip, however, the sound quality of a playback device is a combination of factors, M30 itself is far more than a DAC, but a revolutionary audio center, in addition to the DAC function, its playback, amplification, power and wireless modules are all integrated. In addition to the DAC function, its playback, amplification, electronic tube, power supply and wireless module are independent, each function is strong, DAC module is only one of the links, after the overall design and tuning, the current version of the M30 sound quality has been very strong, far beyond the same type of products, so a comprehensive view, the current price version of the DAC module using AK4497 is very appropriate.

first of all, we are most concerned about the use of with the problem, as an audio center, and with such strong physical conditions, I decided to first use each flagship headset large ear test again, and then try the earbuds and speakers.

So FOCAL Daewoo / Golden Woo, HIFIMAN HE1000SE / R10, Audio-Technica ADX5000 / AWAS, Beyer T1 / T5 3 generation and Sennheiser HD820 took turns, a comprehensive competition, but also to test the current module under the M30's most optimal match. We found that the thrust of the M30 in ultra-high gain mode, is very abundant, can reach more than 1000MW of actual thrust feeling, can fully drive the headphones include: FOCAL Da Wu / Golden Crow, HIFIMAN HE1000SE / R10, Audio-Technica AWAS and Beyer T1 / T5 3 generation. Among them, the big U and HE1000SE need to be in ultra-high gain mode can be fully driven; Golden U, HIFIMAN R10, Audio-Technica AWAS and Beyerdynamic T1/T5 3 generation in high gain mode can be fully driven performance.

Need a hint is that headphones like the HD820 Perhaps in the style and drive requirements, M30 with the performance and the same price of pure ear amplifier than, feel still not fed, with the HD820 can be avoided (attached a messy hindsight photo).

Earbuds, we tested SOFTEARS RS10, FR1 MIRACLE, VE8, 64 AUDIO NIO and other earbuds, M30 in high gain and the following mode, the earbuds can bring a very good experience, far beyond the ordinary portable Walkman sound quality experience, I used to say to enthusiasts, plug your earbuds into a desktop machine, you will find a new world, M30 is a machine that will bring a new world to your earbuds, earbud enthusiasts, M30 is definitely worth having, ha ha ha ha.

As a preamp, M30 can also be linked to active speakers, we connected the Zenith G4 for testing, easy to connect, the sound quality also reached a very high level.

Low-frequency powerful dive full, warm and full midrange, high-frequency smooth, sound field tuning regulation, vocal distance is moderate, accurate positioning, wide horizontal sound field, the overall tuning of natural listening. Mountain Spirit's many years of HIFI tuning experience, these aspects are very reassuring.

(2) M30 quality can be obtained beyond all the current portable Walkman sound quality experience, compared with similar can easily exceed, in the expected, but still gave me a big surprise, once the hands want to keep listening, this is a machine has the appeal of the best quality, if I give me a choice in the desktop configuration of a machine, balanced consideration to the quality and volume, my current choice must be M30.
Thanks for the linked impressions .

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #145 of 1,659

01.jpg

Amazing! I knew it M30 was the new king of the HiFi world! I cant wait to have mine ! Woaaa new world and discoveries is on the horizon soon!

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #146 of 1,659
How many mW it can deliver via Balanced XLR Headphone output?
In the first paragraph of this article. It stated 6 W.

Translated via DeepL
The M30 is a combination of several removable and replaceable modules, including a playback module, DAC module, earphone module, power supply battery module, electronic tube module and wireless module, etc. The unique physical structure of the M30 gives it distinctive possibilities. Although the retail price is 19,980 yuan, the experience it brings far exceeds its price.
First of all, I want to make a definition of the M30, the M30 volume and so 6W equivalent, considering the M30 features and quality performance, with my test experience, I positioned it as a home audio center, it has playback, decoding, ear amplifier, preamp and rich wireless features, can integrate all audio application scenarios.

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #147 of 1,659

Translated via DeepL
The M30 is a combination of several removable and replaceable modules, including a playback module, DAC module, earphone module, power supply battery module, electronic tube module and wireless module, etc. The unique physical structure of the M30 gives it distinctive possibilities. Although the retail price is 19,980 yuan, the experience it brings far exceeds its price.
First of all, I want to make a definition of the M30, the M30 volume and so 6W equivalent, considering the M30 features and quality performance, with my test experience, I positioned it as a home audio center, it has playback, decoding, ear amplifier, preamp and rich wireless features, can integrate all audio application scenarios.
Woaaa!!! 6W is more powerful than Cayin C9 at 4.1W

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #148 of 1,659

Translated via DeepL
That's a good amount of power for sure. Should drive any over-ear full size headphone with ease. Might be overkill for IEMs though, unless there's some form of ultra low gain our output impedance attenuator built in.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #149 of 1,659
That's a good amount of power for sure. Should drive any over-ear full size headphone with ease. Might be overkill for IEMs though, unless there's some form of ultra low gain our output impedance attenuator built in.

There is Ultra High gain mode. My understanding is using low gain mode for IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back