Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Oct 23, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #1,186 of 1,659
Oct 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #1,188 of 1,659
Could you share a very quick comparison between Stealth and Denon AH-D9200 on M30 (as it's my only closed back reference for now)
So far my Denons were feeling perfect on M30 for all genres including Rock and Metal having timbre, punch and also high freq extension.
I suppose they re more V shaped compared to the Harman target affine Stealth
On the M30, the Stealth is an overall upgrade when compared to the D9200. It's a tier above when considering the soundstage (it's great for a closed back), separation, imaging, and instruments positions. Denons wins in the bass department, but the Stealth is no slouch either. When we go to the mids, this is where the Stealth truly shines even when compared to other TOTL open backs like the Abyss 1266 TC. Love vocals especially female ones? grab the Stealth. Pianos and violins which are usually hard for headphones to replicate are presented so beautifully on the Stealth while connected to the M30. On the treble side of things, the Stealth wins again with good sparkle, notes airiness/separation, and details retrieval with no siblance at all.

I had a rollercoaster of a relationship with the Stealth as I used it on the M30, Chord stack and the iBasso DX300. The slightly neutral sound signature along with the deep black background and no distortions/resonances of the AMTS used in the cups were a strange experience at first. My playlist was majorly filled with Metal music and the Stealth does have slightly more energy in the upper mids, however, for my initial tests I didn't want to EQ them yet. After some brain burn-in I started to like what I am hearing, and found some details that were not there when even listening to the Abyss. I also listened to many other genres and the Stealth shined even more especially with Jazz, Classical, movie/games soundtracks, pop and EDM.

I also tried some of @DarginMahkum EQ settings (you can check them out on the Stealth thread) and they worked amazingly well with my Metal collections; since the Stealth has an extremely low distortion value, it takes very well to EQ if you wish to go that route.

They definetly scale well and shine even more with extra power, especially on the impact/slam side of dynamics, and the M30 does a good job, but the Chord stack wins across the board. I still do lose myself to the music with the Stealth + M30 combo so the magic is still there. I'll have to grab one of the new AMP module for more testing. :)

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #1,189 of 1,659
Taking the MySphere 3.1 for a spin this lazy Sunday morning. 15 ohms vs 110 ohms for the 3.2.

Easier to drive than the 3.2. Meant for DAPs and tube amps. It sounds more flat and neutral than the 3.2 which is on the warmer side of neutral, and perhaps more nuanced and richer.

81638C92-5A39-4A31-9AA0-66CFF71A37E7.jpeg

Oct 24, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #1,190 of 1,659
Interestingly enough, I have downloaded both the 1.2 and 1.22 version of FW. I installed 1.2 and then 1.22, now the problems of not scanning the library or writing files onto the M30 as MTP mode is gone, but the 2 second paused at the next song still existed

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,191 of 1,659
In Eddict player app you should be able to control volume with volume buttons on your phone. Regarding lag, i hope our software team will be able to improve upon this.
@Shanling Something for the team to figure out at the next iteration of the Eddict Player app: volume control works on the android version but NOT the iOS version. Just tested it out this morning. :)

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,192 of 1,659
a few pages ago information was given about some official announcement of the M30 power amp module on some Chinese event.
So far I only have seen pictures and information about the forthcoming M9 on the event but nothing about the Poweramp module.
So was the module not announced on that event at all?
No pictures, etc?
Are there yet any (Chinese) pre-reviews about it?

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #1,193 of 1,659
a few pages ago information was given about some official announcement of the M30 power amp module on some Chinese event.
So far I only have seen pictures and information about the forthcoming M9 on the event but nothing about the Poweramp module.
So was the module not announced on that event at all?
No pictures, etc?
Are there yet any (Chinese) pre-reviews about it?
It was announced, but with not much details. Just that output power is at 3.5W and hopefully will be coming on market before end of the year.

There is nothing to show on photos, as it looks identical to current one from outside.

It was up for audition at the show and we got good feedback on it. I'm not sure if there are some Chinese posts about it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #1,194 of 1,659
It was announced, but with not much details. Just that output power is at 3.5W and hopefully will be coming on market before end of the year.

There is nothing to show on photos, as it looks identical to current one from outside.

It was up for audition at the show and we got good feedback on it. I'm not sure if there are some Chinese posts about it.
What will the price be ? How do I place order ?

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,196 of 1,659
I've asked Andrew at Musicteck to place me on the 'notify list' when it releases. You may want to shoot him an email.
I have visions of the M30 driving the Susvara effortlessly. 🙊

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,197 of 1,659
How much Watts again at 60 Ohms?
I really wish it's true but reading Susvara forum only Poweramps > 6 Watts at 30 Ohms are really considered "worthy" as it seems...

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,199 of 1,659
Am kind of suspicious as even amps like Ifi Pro Ican are considered to not fully drive Susvaras. And that's not about being loud enough but just not driving them to full potential
But anyway I guess Susvaras are an exceptional case and pretty much any other non estat should be fine
I thought that only the flagship dinosaurs like Susvara and TC are so demanding but reading the latest threads it seems that even the latest LCD5 is profiting from the big amplifiers.
Let's see - I am quite happy with my desktop friendly combo currently

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,200 of 1,659
It is not only the output power that is the matter. For example in car technologies, it is not the matter of how many HP a car can have, it is also about Torques!!! If both Torques curve and HP are top rated, then the car is super fast in every situations. However, taking one out of the equations and the science change drastically, a High HP with low torque will be able to pull a fast straight line and at high speed only, where as high torque and low HP can only get up to a specific speed and be fast doing that.

Now back to the amplifier. Rated output is like HP, and the power delivery which is laying in the voltage swing is another matter. So, higher rated output at large voltage swing, that is a proper and powerful amplifier, the next matter will be noises, because the more you amplify something, the higher the attached noises going with it.

One thing for sure is that the M30 is running on 15V rails. It can combine both and generate a 30V rails boosts and so on, which may allow the voltage swing of upto 60V for balanced out. Now this will make it to be a very powerful amplifier, and if it can give out 3.5W per channel with such voltage rails, then it can drive many stuff.

I think the IFI Diablo was about a combined 25V swings, which is barely 12.5V rails….still weaker than the M30 with stock amp.

What is the Pro ICan voltage rails ?

I hope those are making some senses . But the M30 is very capable. The Susvara is and will be good if using output transformers with high swing amp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back