Introducing ONIX Mystic XP1 – High-End Portable DAC/AMP
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #61 of 65
It's available now. In most countries you can check with your local Shanling distributor about availability.

I would provide more details about your local availability, but unfortunately, Mandalore is not yet in our distributor network, following the bombardment by Empire.

I see no issues on the distributor tab at Onix Website, can you please tell me what doesn't work there for you?
Thanks for the swift reply. Will send a DM now - seems to just be the link under quick links at the bottom of a product page.

Jan 4, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #62 of 65
1. To be clear, this only happens when pausing/resuming song, never during playback, correct? Are you using it over which mode?
2. This is part of audio circuit on XP1, part of the safety mechanism.
1. You are correct, it does not happen during playback, only when pausing/resuming.
(It happens the same on my MacBook, Windows Desktop, and iPhone, all connected via optical or USB, which is what I usually use.)

2. Understood. It would be regrettable if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you for your quick response.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #63 of 65
With ONIX Miracle, we designed a High-End All-in-One Headphone desktop rig.

Now comes the new ONIX Mystic XP1, our take on the High-End Portable DAC/AMPs.

-

Designed by Onix //// Made by Shanling

Price: 1 499 USD

Now Available

配色.1819.jpg

Miracle & Mystic Brothers

Mystic XP1 closely follows the design of the ONIX Miracle, adopting elements of the classical ONIX look for this new generation of devices. Exquisitely crafted by CNC machines from high-grade aluminium, for ideal unibody construction that’s strong and beautiful, especially when paired with gold-plated volume wheel and vintage dot-matrix OLED display.

High-End Audio Configuration

Based around a pair of flagship AKM AK4499EX DACs, combined with their matching AK4191 modulator, for the ultimate resolution and natural tuning. The fully balanced headphone amplifier utilizes TPA6120A2 and it was optimized for use with full-size headphones. And with additional Muses8920 circuit for the balanced line-out/pre-amp function. All enhanced by the in-house “Brighton” I/V Conversion stage.

配色.1875.jpg

Lossless MicroSD Playback

While other portable DACs fully rely on smartphones or computers to feed them data, Mystic XP1 features a MicroSD card slot, allowing for a fully lossless playback of all your files. Play directly on the XP1 or connect it to Eddict Player Android/iOS app for easy browsing of even the biggest music libraries.

Digital Connectivity

Connect Mystic XP1 to your smartphones or computers over its high-performance XMOS XU316 USB input or opt for the convenience of Wireless connection over Bluetooth 5.0, with support of LDAC, aptX HD and AAC. And for your traditional Hi-Fi devices, XP1 offers a combined SPDIF Coaxial/Optical Input.

配色.1868.jpg

Optional External Power Supply

At your home, office, or anywhere else where the conditions allow, connect the Mystic XP1 to its external power supply for a significant boost to its power output. Offering up to 2360 mW @ 32Ω // 480 mW @ 300Ω, matching power outputs of many desktop amplifiers, turning XP1 into a serious partner for even the most demanding full-size audiophile headphones.

XP1_06.jpg

Additional Specification

Dimensions: 160 x 92 x 30 mm

Weight: 583g

System Platform: Ingenic X2000

Analog Input: 3.5mm Jack

Bluetooth Codec Support: LDAC / aptX HD / aptX / SBC / AAC

Hi-Res File Support: PCM 768kHz / 32bit, DSD512

Coaxial / Optical Input: PCM 192kHz / 24bit

Gain: 2 x 3 Levels (Earphone and Headphone mode)

Headphone Outputs: 3.5mm & 6.5mm Single-Ended, 4.4mm Balanced

Analog Output: 4.4mm Balanced, with pre-out function

Battery: 7000 mAh, dedicated USB-C charging port

Battery life: Up to 10 hours

3.5mm & 6.5mm Single-Ended Output

Output Power:

Headphone mode, high-gain:

2.6V@32Ω (211mW@32Ω) (THD+N<0.023%)

With External Power, Headphone mode, high-gain:

5.1V@32Ω (812mW@32Ω) (THD+N<1%)

6V@300Ω (120mW@300Ω) (THD+N<0.002%)

Output Impedance: 4.7Ω

4.4mm Balanced Output

Output Power:

Headphone mode, high-gain:

4.9V@32Ω (750mW@32Ω) (THD+N<0.01%)

With External Power, Headphone mode, high-gain:

8.7V@32Ω (2360mW@32Ω) (THD+N<1)

12V@300Ω (480mW@300Ω) (THD+N<0.002%)

Frequency Response: 20Hz-40kHz (-0.5dB)

THD+N: 0.0005% @32Ω (A-Weight)

Dynamic Range: 120dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

Channel Separation: 101dB

Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 120dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

Noise: 111dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

01.jpg
05.jpg
Hi the output impedance mentioned in headphone mode for SE is 4.7ohm & Bal is 6.6ohm. Is this correct? Will this have any negative effect on low impedance IEMs and Headphones ?

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #64 of 65
Hi the output impedance mentioned in headphone mode for SE is 4.7ohm & Bal is 6.6ohm. Is this correct? Will this have any negative effect on low impedance IEMs and Headphones ?
Yes, this is correct.

You can check with your headphone manufacturer if the impedance will have any effect or not. Apart from some sensitive All BA earphones, it's not that common in our experience.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 4, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #65 of 65
Over the last couple of years of owning the Noble Kublai Khan I have tried so many DAPs, DAC/AMP combinations and I felt it sounded best with the Aroma A100TB. A special amp that is permanently on steroids!
Then came the Onix. This is an amp that simply lights up the Kublai & drives it to its absolute limits. I never knew what this IEM was capable of until now 🔥. The height, width and depth and of imaging that this combo delivers is something that one needs to hear to believe 🤩. The Onix managed to unearth meaty low end, velvety mid range & incredibly textured treble from the Kublai that none of my other combos could in the past.
The Onix has its quirks esp with its amp implementation. But this combo is just heavenly 🎖️.
Bottom line, if you are a Kublai owner, get the Onix. If you are an Onix owner, get the Kublai Khan!

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpeg
    IMG_1894.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back