Introducing ONIX Mystic XP1 – High-End Portable DAC/AMP
Oct 23, 2023 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65
With ONIX Miracle, we designed a High-End All-in-One Headphone desktop rig.

Now comes the new ONIX Mystic XP1, our take on the High-End Portable DAC/AMPs.

-

Designed by Onix //// Made by Shanling

Price: 1 499 USD

Now Available

配色.1819.jpg

Miracle & Mystic Brothers

Mystic XP1 closely follows the design of the ONIX Miracle, adopting elements of the classical ONIX look for this new generation of devices. Exquisitely crafted by CNC machines from high-grade aluminium, for ideal unibody construction that’s strong and beautiful, especially when paired with gold-plated volume wheel and vintage dot-matrix OLED display.

High-End Audio Configuration

Based around a pair of flagship AKM AK4499EX DACs, combined with their matching AK4191 modulator, for the ultimate resolution and natural tuning. The fully balanced headphone amplifier utilizes TPA6120A2 and it was optimized for use with full-size headphones. And with additional Muses8920 circuit for the balanced line-out/pre-amp function. All enhanced by the in-house “Brighton” I/V Conversion stage.

配色.1875.jpg

Lossless MicroSD Playback

While other portable DACs fully rely on smartphones or computers to feed them data, Mystic XP1 features a MicroSD card slot, allowing for a fully lossless playback of all your files. Play directly on the XP1 or connect it to Eddict Player Android/iOS app for easy browsing of even the biggest music libraries.

Digital Connectivity

Connect Mystic XP1 to your smartphones or computers over its high-performance XMOS XU316 USB input or opt for the convenience of Wireless connection over Bluetooth 5.0, with support of LDAC, aptX HD and AAC. And for your traditional Hi-Fi devices, XP1 offers a combined SPDIF Coaxial/Optical Input.

配色.1868.jpg

Optional External Power Supply

At your home, office, or anywhere else where the conditions allow, connect the Mystic XP1 to its external power supply for a significant boost to its power output. Offering up to 2360 mW @ 32Ω // 480 mW @ 300Ω, matching power outputs of many desktop amplifiers, turning XP1 into a serious partner for even the most demanding full-size audiophile headphones.

XP1_06.jpg

Additional Specification

Dimensions: 160 x 92 x 30 mm

Weight: 583g

System Platform: Ingenic X2000

Analog Input: 3.5mm Jack

Bluetooth Codec Support: LDAC / aptX HD / aptX / SBC / AAC

Hi-Res File Support: PCM 768kHz / 32bit, DSD512

Coaxial / Optical Input: PCM 192kHz / 24bit

Gain: 2 x 3 Levels (Earphone and Headphone mode)

Headphone Outputs: 3.5mm & 6.5mm Single-Ended, 4.4mm Balanced

Analog Output: 4.4mm Balanced, with pre-out function

Battery: 7000 mAh, dedicated USB-C charging port

Battery life: Up to 10 hours

3.5mm & 6.5mm Single-Ended Output

Output Power:

Headphone mode, high-gain:

2.6V@32Ω (211mW@32Ω) (THD+N<0.023%)

With External Power, Headphone mode, high-gain:

5.1V@32Ω (812mW@32Ω) (THD+N<1%)

6V@300Ω (120mW@300Ω) (THD+N<0.002%)

Output Impedance: 4.7Ω

4.4mm Balanced Output

Output Power:

4.9V@32Ω (750mW@32Ω) (THD+N<0.01%)

8.7V@32Ω (2360mW@32Ω) (THD+N<1)

12V@300Ω (480mW@300Ω) (THD+N<0.002%)

Frequency Response: 20Hz-40kHz (-0.5dB)

THD+N: 0.0005% @32Ω (A-Weight)

Dynamic Range: 120dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

Channel Separation: 101dB

Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 120dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

Noise: 111dB @32Ω (A-Weight)

01.jpg
05.jpg

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 23, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 65
My first impression on Mystic XP1 is the wide soundstage, the bold and warm musical signature. It is different from any portable devices I’ve been listening to.

Mystic has superb soundstage and great instrument separation, vocal is warm and smooth. Drums and percussions are bold and punchy. Guitar is lack of the metallic pitch, but I like it. Sorry I’m not a reviewer, I don’t know how to categorize these music sounds as low, bass, mid or trebles etc, ha! I really feel it push my IEM (Elysian Gaea, Project Zero, IE800, Tangzu Waner, Shimin Li and Campfire Solaris etc) to their limits. I also tried the HD6XX, it sounds great too. But I’m not a headphone guy. I really enjoy the music with this dac/amp.

I also tried to listen to music from the micro SD card using the Shanling app. It works fine and sound great. Didn’t try the Bluetooth yet, I’m not interested of this function on this device. I own an Ifi Go Pod, I’m very happy with that.

As compared to Hugo2. It is transparent, relax and analytics compare to Mystic XP1. I never realize the “ss” “SH” in vocal (in Hugo2) can be a bit annoying after listening to Mystic for a few hours (hope it make sense). Both have different sound signature, but feature wise Mystic is a beast with all the gadgets and gimmicks that I’ve been looking for. Some may thing it is an upgrade from H7. I’m not sure as I haven’t tried.

Before I tried the Mystic, I was listening to Enleum HPA-23RM with Hiby RS2. Then someone (I think is the sales guy) pass me this device, I’m impressed by how good it sounds at first impression. This is much cheaper than the Enleum, so I ordered one. Not saying it sound better or on par with Enleum, that would need more listening and comparison.

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 65
My first impression on Mystic XP1 is the wide soundstage, the bold and warm musical signature. It is different from any portable devices I’ve been listening to.

Mystic has superb soundstage and great instrument separation, vocal is warm and smooth. Drums and percussions are bold and punchy. Guitar is lack of the metallic pitch, but I like it. Sorry I’m not a reviewer, I don’t know how to categorize these music sounds as low, bass, mid or trebles etc, ha! I really feel it push my IEM (Elysian Gaea, Project Zero, IE800, Tangzu Waner, Shimin Li and Campfire Solaris etc) to their limits. I also tried the HD6XX, it sounds great too. But I’m not a headphone guy. I really enjoy the music with this dac/amp.

I also tried to listen to music from the micro SD card using the Shanling app. It works fine and sound great. Didn’t try the Bluetooth yet, I’m not interested of this function on this device. I own an Ifi Go Pod, I’m very happy with that.

As compared to Hugo2. It is transparent, relax and analytics compare to Mystic XP1. I never realize the “ss” “SH” in vocal (in Hugo2) can be a bit annoying after listening to Mystic for a few hours (hope it make sense). Both have different sound signature, but feature wise Mystic is a beast with all the gadgets and gimmicks that I’ve been looking for. Some may thing it is an upgrade from H7. I’m not sure as I haven’t tried.

Before I tried the Mystic, I was listening to Enleum HPA-23RM with Hiby RS2. Then someone (I think is the sales guy) pass me this device, I’m impressed by how good it sounds at first impression. This is much cheaper than the Enleum, so I ordered one. Not saying it sound better or on par with Enleum, that would need more listening and comparison.
Did you get the optional power supply?

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #7 of 65

-

Now Available

配色.1819.jpg

Mystic XP1 closely follows the design of the ONIX Miracle, adopting elements of the classical ONIX look for this new generation of devices. Exquisitely crafted by CNC machines from high-grade aluminium, for ideal unibody construction that’s strong and beautiful, especially when paired with gold-plated volume wheel and vintage dot-matrix OLED display.

Based around a pair of flagship AKM AK4499EX DACs, combined with their matching AK4191 modulator, for the ultimate resolution and natural tuning. The fully balanced headphone amplifier utilizes TPA6120A2 and it was optimized for use with full-size headphones. And with additional Muses8920 circuit for the balanced line-out/pre-amp function. All enhanced by the in-house “Brighton” I/V Conversion stage.

配色.1875.jpg

While other portable DACs fully rely on smartphones or computers to feed them data, Mystic XP1 features a MicroSD card slot, allowing for a fully lossless playback of all your files. Play directly on the XP1 or connect it to Eddict Player Android/iOS app for easy browsing of even the biggest music libraries.

Digital Connectivity

Connect Mystic XP1 to your smartphones or computers over its high-performance XMOS XU316 USB input or opt for the convenience of Wireless connection over Bluetooth 5.0, with support of LDAC, aptX HD and AAC. And for your traditional Hi-Fi devices, XP1 offers a combined SPDIF Coaxial/Optical Input.

配色.1868.jpg

At your home, office, or anywhere else where the conditions allow, connect the Mystic XP1 to its external power supply for a significant boost to its power output. Offering up to 2360 mW @ 32Ω // 480 mW @ 300Ω, matching power outputs of many desktop amplifiers, turning XP1 into a serious partner for even the most demanding full-size audiophile headphones.

XP1_06.jpg

Additional Specification

Output Power:

4.4mm Balanced Output

Output Power:

01.jpg
05.jpg
Excited for its review!!

Oct 23, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 65

-

Now Available

配色.1819.jpg

配色.1875.jpg

Digital Connectivity

配色.1868.jpg

XP1_06.jpg

Additional Specification

Output Power:

4.4mm Balanced Output

Output Power:

01.jpg
05.jpg
What connector is DC in and what it the configuration? Thank you

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 65

I am surprised to see someone else mentioning the “Ss” and “Sshh” from Chord here. It is a thing among all Chord, even the Dave.

Glad to see the Mystic is a better option here. Is there any news regarding the PSU

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 65
Wow, very very nice indeed, bravo Shanling. I'm just sad they didn't implement it with an R2R DAC but hey, one day one of those nice manufacturers will make the jump into transportable battery R2R DAC.

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back