Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Nov 2, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #46 of 422
  This is a shame. The NH has a lot of potential but sorely needs a cut in the mudd frequencies.

I love mine exactly as it is.  I do not think I am the only one.

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #47 of 422

This is a shame. The NH has a lot of potential but sorely needs a cut in the mudd frequencies.

I love mine exactly as it is.  I do not think I am the only one.

of course you are not the only one. But that doesnt stop it from being a polarizing headphone. Everyone knows the NH has a polarizing sound. Either you like it or you dont. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 422
  of course you are not the only one. But that doesnt stop it from being a polarizing headphone. Everyone knows the NH has a polarizing sound. Either you like it or you dont. 

Exactly.  So you don't and I do.  It doesn't really matter. Whenever I put the NH on to listen to a song or two I end up listening to the whole album.  I don't really listen TO headphones.  I use them to listen to my MUSIC.  If I am enjoying my music, I don't really need to analyze anything.    I have been a music lover since I was a small child.

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #49 of 422
From what I read earlier this year these so called issues have been fixed on the Nightowls. They brought the treble forward and midrange and tightened up the bass on the Nightowls. This is not the case?

I really dont enjoy fully closed so i cant tell by experience, i wanted nighthawk but better, not the same unfortunately.

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #50 of 422

The same could be said of any headphone of course. Your point?

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #51 of 422
Get your panties out of a bunch. Its an opinion. You're headphones are not your identity.

My opinion is that the frequencies responsible for muddying up a song are a little too healthy. I have this opinion of another hp I adore but the NH in my opinion is even more problematic. A lot would agree, even the ones praised most around here.

To them and myself it would be good for the NH to be trimmed. Fortunately EQ does wonders for the NH.

Read the NH thread, tons of people eq the crap out of it. More than most hps.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #52 of 422

Or other phones need a cut in the briiiight ones?

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #53 of 422
^Yes that too. But the range I am speaking of is from 250 - 550 hz. Somewhere in that area and the upper mids are sucked out. A dark headphone is fine, a bright hp is fine, a muddy headphone is fine. They all have thier respective crouds and work well for certain songs.

I like a lot about the NH.

It has wonderful bass quality and extension with good control. The textures are pure and liquid. The background is black. It has good inner detail. Very resolving and scales like madd. Good micro dynamics. The midrange is not shouty, the treble is not bright. The treble actually has some extension. Awesome comfort, ergonomics, and build.

But it has the middle-upper midrange sucked out, and the mudd frequencies boosted.

I just say its a shame because a headphone that does so much right has a strong handicap.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #54 of 422
^Yes that too. But the range I am speaking of is from 250 - 550 hz. Somewhere in that area and the upper mids are sucked out. A dark headphone is fine, a bright hp is fine, a muddy headphone is fine. They all have thier respective crouds and work well for certain songs.

It has wonderful bass quality and extension with good control. The textures are pure and liquid. The background is black. It has good inner detail. Very resolving and scales like madd. Good micro dynamics. The midrange is not shouty, the treble is not bright. The treble actually has some extension. Awesome comfort, ergonomics, and build.

But it has the middle-upper midrange sucked out, and the mudd frequencies boosted.

I just say its a shame because a headphone that does so much right has a strong handicap.

I'll help you out here: in your opinion.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #55 of 422
You all need to relax. Everything here is opinion. No headphone is above criticism. And nothing but praise doesn't help people make an informed decision but rather makes the reviews sound artificial. Grizzlybeast is allowed to voice his opinion without all the checks and snarkiness.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #56 of 422
You all need to relax. Everything here is opinion. No headphone is above criticism. And nothing but praise doesn't help people make an informed decision but rather makes the reviews sound artificial. Grizzlybeast is allowed to voice his opinion without all the checks and snarkiness.

. You missed the point completely.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #59 of 422
Closed-back... as in "proper closed-back"? LOL (yeah yeah, here I go again...).
Interesting... might sign up for one.

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #60 of 422

I know I liked the NH the brief time I heard it and everything I liked about it is exactly what you said but also it had a small sound when compared to other flagship phones. If I end up not liking the eikon I might head this way anyways lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back