Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Nov 1, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 422
Congrats on the launch, Skylar. Gonna be watching reactions and reviews on both with interest. Will be interesting to see if some of those that didn't 'get it' first time around will convert.

As for me - probably can't justify a set of Owls, but the want is certainly strong!

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #17 of 422
  The sound signature is exactly the same. Based on some small refinements that we've made to a handful of the parts, we have noticed tighter manufacturing tolerances and consistency of the new NightHawk Carbon. All things being equal (A/B NightHawk Wood vs NightHawk Carbon with same earpads and cable and same amount of break-in), I don't expect anyone to hear a difference, but I may be surprised by forthcoming press and user reviews.

But the new cable is an improvement, and the extra, alternative set of ultra-suede earpads makes it possible to tailor the new NightHawk Carbon to personal preference.

Both the new cable and earpads will be available separately so existing NightHawk owners can get in on the fun.

Personally i was expecting something different from the regular NightHawk, specially regarding upper midrange and that weird trebble. That said they are good phones overall, not for everyone but i wasnt disappointed so keep up the good work and if possible a little improved upper-midrange and trebble would be great for the next version :).

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 422
" but this is only the beginning of many more new headphone goodies that will land in the coming months. " anyone have any insite on this?

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #19 of 422
"Note: Cable can be terminated with balanced connections or customized to various specifications."

Translation, there will be no off the shelf Audioquest Balanced Cable for my Nighthawk? (insert discontent face)

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #20 of 422
  "Note: Cable can be terminated with balanced connections or customized to various specifications."

Translation, there will be a balanced ready-made cable for my Nighthhawk? 

I don't know the answer but note Audioquest does custom cable termination jobs.. Just contact your dealer with the request and they can get pricing from Audioquest. Or they can sell you a new headphone cable with whatever termination you want. 

I had my original Nighthawk cable re-terminated to balanced 4-pin XLR and am quite happy with it given that that's a solid core PSC+ copper conductor cable. I like the original cable better because of this. :wink:

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 422
Anyway to implement a mic for gaming into the headphone aside from the bs of attaching another corded microphone to your system. I still don't know why there's not a company that makes a vmoda compatible cable with all cable types even if it means only hearing game chat in one ear and not both

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 422
Anyway to implement a mic for gaming into the headphone aside from the bs of attaching another corded microphone to your system. I still don't know why there's not a company that makes a vmoda compatible cable with all cable types even if it means only hearing game chat in one ear and not both

The new cable has a mic built in. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #24 of 422
Yeah but you probably have to hold a button in to talk like all inline mics

Never heard of that. Even my iPhone earbuds allow you to talk on the phone without holding in a button. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #26 of 422
Personally i was expecting something different from the regular NightHawk, specially regarding upper midrange and that weird trebble. That said they are good phones overall, not for everyone but i wasnt disappointed so keep up the good work and if possible a little improved upper-midrange and trebble would be great for the next version :).

From what I read earlier this year these so called issues have been fixed on the Nightowls. They brought the treble forward and midrange and tightened up the bass on the Nightowls. This is not the case?

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #27 of 422
This is exciting news. I love my NightHawk, and am looking forward to the NightOwl Carbon.

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #29 of 422
Can't wait to get both of these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back